Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: $200,000 in Free Government Money to Every Native

  1. #1
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,505

    Red face $200,000 in Free Government Money to Every Native



    Wow, I didn't realize that Native Americans got government checks in the mail each month just for being Native.

    No wonder the blacks want reparations as well!

    $200,000 in free government money just for graduating high school? What a deal!

    I can see why local whites might be upset and jealous...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  2. #2
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,495
    What are you talking about? The starting getting their share of their tribes casino profits when they turn 18. How is that government money? Oh wait, liberals believe all money belongs to the government.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

  3. #3
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    10,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    What are you talking about? The starting getting their share of their tribes casino profits when they turn 18. How is that government money? Oh wait, liberals believe all money belongs to the government.
    It's interesting how all liberals are able to take a factual event and slant it to fit their political ideologies, making it seem as though what they say is legitimate....

    I guess that's why fake news is so rampant today.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  4. #4
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    What are you talking about? The starting getting their share of their tribes casino profits when they turn 18. How is that government money?
    It's tribal government money, redistributed to the masses.

    Did you watch the video?

    Pretty fucked up how if you are .28% not Native enough you don't qualify.

    Those $1000/month checks from the tribal government add up from birth so that once a Native turns 18 they get a big payout.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  5. #5
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,505


    Payer: THE KLAMATH TRIBES

    Cheque Amount: $1062.73

    ------------

    Free, unearned government money. Socialist welfare redistribution of wealth program in action.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  6. #6
    Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Posts
    5,180
    Sounds to me like you are more than a tad jealous, ...Indian culture is more along the lines of extended families rather than citizenship. So what if they want to share amongst the "extended family"? If you don't understand Indian culture enough to know this, how about just myob and stfu.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

  7. #7
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    It's tribal government money, redistributed to the masses.

    Did you watch the video?

    Pretty fucked up how if you are .28% not Native enough you don't qualify.

    Those $1000/month checks from the tribal government add up from birth so that once a Native turns 18 they get a big payout.
    Why didn't accurately title your thread then? It's tribal money not U.S. Taxpayer dollars.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

  8. #8
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Sounds to me like you are more than a tad jealous, ...Indian culture is more along the lines of extended families rather than citizenship. So what if they want to share amongst the "extended family"? If you don't understand Indian culture enough to know this, how about just myob and stfu.

    Kind of ironic to have a liberal complaining about someone getting something for nothing.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

  9. #9
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,505
    Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Sounds to me like you are more than a tad jealous,
    As were all those white kids in that video clip posted above, who thought it was unfair that certain kids were getting big payouts upon graduating high school based solely on the color of their skin, or percentage of their DNA make-up or whatever.

    Doesn't it beg the question though? Why can't the US government run casinos like those tribal governments do and share the proceeds with every citizen?

    Why can't white people get their free government checks in the mail as well?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  10. #10
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Kind of ironic to have a liberal complaining about someone getting something for nothing.
    I'm not complaining that they're getting free money, I'm complaining that the rest of us aren't.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  11. #11
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    10,610
    The Kalamath Tribes can give THEIR money to whomever they want. It's their money. So, they're giving tribal money to Native Americans, so what?

    If I were a millionaire and decided to give $100,000 to some inner yute just because he was black, would you be complaining about that, too?

    Like I said, it's their money to do with as they wish. I'm glad they're helping out their own Native Americans. It's more than our government ever did for them.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  12. #12
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,505
    Absolutely. It's a beautiful thing. Their government looking out for their own people.

    It's more than our government ever did for us, as well.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  13. #13
    Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Posts
    5,180
    Damn, all the social programs the government spends money on, and you say they don't do anything for the "people". What a jealous, and extremely stupid useful idiot you are. It's all about you isn't it?

    Geez.....,
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

  14. #14
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,505
    Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Damn, all the social programs the government spends money on, and you say they don't do anything for the "people".
    I'm sure you're not complaining, because you're getting a monthly SS check in the mail from Uncle Sam.

    Too bad we have to wait until 62 to get that. Natives get theirs at 18.
    Last edited by LAGC; 09-14-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  15. #15
    Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Posts
    5,180
    How old were you when you got your free "three hots and a cot"?

    Really gripes your socialist ass, don't it? You do realize that Indian Nations are exactly that, nations in and of themselves. They can abide by their own beliefs and cultures. If you want to live by your beliefs... Venezuela awaits. Go and don't come back.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

  16. #16
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,505
    Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    How old were you when you got your free "three hots and a cot"?
    19 -- but that's not the kind of "government benefits" I had in mind.

    Free housing, room and board, isn't all its cracked up to be when you can't ever leave or venture out of it.

    If you want to live by your beliefs... Venezuela awaits.
    I was thinking more along the lines of a Scandinavian country like Norway or Sweden.

    But just like Canada, it sounds like they have a pretty tight immigration quota on American ex-pats.
    Last edited by LAGC; 09-14-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  17. #17
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,914
    I don't want a check from the government. I like the satisfaction of earning more than they would ever give me.

  18. #18
    Senior Member NAPOTS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,849
    The only thing that indian money has to do with any of us is that is comes from white people who are dumb enough to gamble it away BY CHOICE. They are a Indian nation and can do what ever the hell they want with it. But rather than adding to the national debt for spending money they don't have its based on revenue they are actually generating, what a concept. And based on the color of their skin? Its based on being a member of the tribe, which you and I aren't. I don't have a problem with it at all.

    Why can't our government do the same thing? there isn't a way of generating enough revenue to dole out money to everyone in the US for doing nothing. Besides, life on an Indian reservation aint exactly the ideal model of socialism. I'll keep working for a living, thank you.

  19. #19
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,443
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  20. #20
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    7,596
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I'm sure you're not complaining, because you're getting a monthly SS check in the mail from Uncle Sam.

    Too bad we have to wait until 62 to get that. Natives get theirs at 18.
    Big difference between SS and the tribal checks you are talking about. SS we pay into, whether we want to or not, we are getting our money back (granted many people now get more back than they put in including interest, but it was designed as a government forced savings account). The tribal checks come from the profits of casinos that are not frequented by Native Americans but by others. So they are not redistributing wealth by forcing people to pay, they are enticing people to come to their facilities and spending their money which is then split between the members of the tribe.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •