Thread: Actual full auto in Chicago?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Actual full auto in Chicago?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/14...r-injured.html

"A licensed gun owner was hailed Thursday for his role in helping police in suburban Chicago stop a suspect who was firing an automatic weapon, officials said."

I'm doubtful, though I know there are a few full autos used in crimes in the US each year. Any local ORD intel here?

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I bet anyplace that has a ton of crime, gangs and guns has a lot of illegally converted semi-arid weapons. If it's a legal full auto weapon, the owner is going to be a law abiding citizen. If a criminal wants a full auto, they will just illegally convert to full auto.

So, not a doubt in my mind it could be a fully select fire automatic weapon...just an illegal one.

ETA: Just to throw out there also, a "bump fire" stock, such as the Slidefire, which would be totally legal.
    Last edited by N/A; 09-14-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

The article said the weapon was recovered. I am curious, I wish we could see a photo of it.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Automatic firearms, short-barreled shotguns, and suppressors prohibited. Short-barreled rifles allowed only for Curios and Relics license holders or members of a bona fide military reenactment group. AOW (Any Other Weapon) and large-bore DD (Destructive Device) allowed with proper approval and tax stamp from ATF.

The gangs have access to loads of combloc weapons if they want them. In 1990 a friend who was a local rap baron (aka singer) told me about an apt in a part of Omaha called little vietnam aka 24th and Lake that was filled from floor to ceiling with belt feds, rpgs, handgrenukes, and a few zillion rounds of ammo. I said what was all that for? He said a local banger showed it to him and said a lot of cops were going to die that summer. Before I decided how I was going to roll this info to opd without getting my friend murdered, the feds and local pd from several nearby pd's rolled it all up in a huge operation that got about a one paragraph blurb in the paper. Since the demise of the soviet union as well as the Yeltsin era, the street gangs have access to huge arsenals of military grade hardware with or without the cia. One guy who left the gangs related how someone would call him and tell him what alley to find a crate of guns and ammo in. The local leos and feds likely set the whole thing up from buy to bust. I imagine soros finances a lot of this stuff today, but the cia likely is much more involved. When I was in law enforcement in Omaha, we knew who was a gangsta, we knew who all of them were and what friends supported them. but you can't just roll them all up, and of course a lot of them were officially protected by higher ups in opd or the city gov. For example, in 1989 or thereabouts, the then chief of police in Omaha was considered to be indispensable for bringing the bloods to Omaha. Before that there was seldom a murder in Omaha, afterwards a murder a week is commonplace. The gangs surely know who they can trust to get weapons from, and since many gangstas have turned to islom, you can be sure they have even more access to weapons via the likes of Iran, the sauds, etc that the local leos and feds don't have an idea of. And of course you have mosloms in cia and other agencies providing arms for the moslom insurrection to take place when they feel froggy.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

This story has been all over the news here but I haven't heard/read about any MG hardware being used.

You know, the media will report anything above a bb gun as an "AK-47 assault rifle" or "automatic weapon".
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.