Thread: Do you thing the BS Kavanaugh 'outrage' will turn out the BLUE WAVE voters?

Do you thing the BS Kavanaugh 'outrage' will turn out the BLUE WAVE voters?

I sure hope the Dems DO NOT gain power. They're so vile and disgusting that I'd almost write off the USA as a lost cause if they did. How is the sentiment where you guys are at?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Most everyone I know backs Kavanagh.

I don't know.

Judging from the sentiment over on Democratic Underground, liberal activists are pumped that Democrats are finally fighting back for a change.

Not even 2 weeks ago, everyone thought the Kavanaugh appointment was a sure thing. Nothing could be done to stop it. The conservatives were going to take over the Supreme Court for the next 30 years.

Yet, now, there is a great optimism, that even if Kavanaugh does get confirmed, at least the Democrats fought like hell to stop him. Threw everything and the kitchen sink into trying to derail him.

One of the biggest complaints during off-year elections that have seen low Democratic turn-out is that the Democrats have no backbone, no spine, and never really stand up to the Republicans, but simply roll over and capitulate when the going gets tough.

There seems to be a different vibe this time around. Lots more liberal activists eagerly looking forward to voting for even the Democrat incumbents, anything to put an end to the MAGA movement once and for all.
    Last edited by LAGC; 09-29-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I don't know.

Judging from the sentiment over on Democratic Underground, liberal activists are pumped that Democrats are finally fighting back for a change.

Not even 2 weeks ago, everyone thought the Kavanaugh appointment was a sure thing. Nothing could be done to stop it. The conservatives were going to take over the Supreme Court for the next 30 years.

Yet, now, there is a great optimism, that even if Kavanaugh does get confirmed, at least the Democrats fought like hell to stop him. Threw everything and the kitchen sink into trying to derail him.

One of the biggest complaints during off-year elections that have seen low Democratic turn-out is that the Democrats have no backbone, no spine, and never really stand up to the Republicans, but simply roll over and capitulate when the going gets tough.

There seems to be a different vibe this time around. Lots more liberal activists eagerly looking forward to voting for even the Democrat incumbents, anything to put an end to the MAGA movement once and for all.
    I find this very funny, because the rest of the country is sick of the republicans constantly rolling over and giving the dems all they want. Always the democrat "what's mine is mine and what's your's is negotiable" and the republican response - "ok".

In Indiana Donnelly is pulling out all stops trying to keep his democrat senate seat. I hope people realize he is nothing more that a yes man for Chuckie and Dianne.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Most people, around here, are sickened by what the Dims are doing.

Again, the Dims are showing everyone who they really are and most people don't like it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

From what I gather (I don't watch cable/dish news nowadays) the dims have finally reached the point that only their rock bottom base still supports them. The rest of the dim voters that have been life-long dims and don't like "conservatives" are completely turned-off by the absolute corruption and lack of any ethics by the current so-called dim leadership. Not to mention that they're openly supporting the Antifa scum which are communist/anarchist idiots.

Just wait until the Antifa attacks start - and anybody that doesn't already know will see them for what they are.

I think if things keep on the way they are now, the conservative right will be doing well in the mid-terms and beyond. At least until we come the inevitable "correction/reset" that has to happen. Who ever is in power at that time will be blamed... and all indications are it's going to be bad. Thought I have seen some analysis indicating that we may actually come out on top - globally though still experience hard times. -due to things that the Trump administration is doing.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Yeah, God forbid America were to become great again.

Fuckin' liberals.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Yeah, God forbid America were to become great again.
    Didn't you hear Meghan McCain at her father's eulogy?

America doesn't need to become great again, because it always was great.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I sure hope the Dems DO NOT gain power. They're so vile and disgusting that I'd almost write off the USA as a lost cause if they did. How is the sentiment where you guys are at?
    Providing an honest answer to your question is uncomfortable, but my conclusion is our once great country is a lost cause. The control of the media and educational institutions by the left and the ongoing change in US demographics does not bode well for the future. The attacks on Kavanaugh by Dim members of Congress and the lukewarm defense by Republicans is one of the most disgusting things I have seen in my lifetime. The fact that out Government can be derailed by false unsubstantiated accusations from a single deranged loon.... What can be said other than it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I find this very funny, because the rest of the country is sick of the republicans constantly rolling over and giving the dems all they want. Always the democrat "what's mine is mine and what's your's is negotiable" and the republican response - "ok".
    Sad but true. The Republicans are always ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Last edited by jet3534; 09-29-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Most everyone I know backs Kavanagh.
    True but this doesn't matter since many Republicans now think backing Kavanagh will cost them the women vote. And the truth is that most women have faced some sort of sexual assault at some point by a man or men. Kavanaugh is a man. Therefore, he is guilty. This is the way many women think.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    why is she holding a giant IUD. God liberal women are fucking strange.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Most people, around here, are sickened by what the Dims are doing.

Again, the Dims are showing everyone who they really are and most people don't like it.
    I think Senator Graham pointing out that the Democrats not only attacked Kavanaugh but also stabbed Ford in the back was great and is having a positive effect in showing how unethical and uncaring Democrats are. I know this has stirred up the Democrat base, but it is also stirring up the Republican base and pushing independents and Libertarians away from the Democrats, at least the ones that I know. It is up to us to make sure these people don't just get mad, but that they also vote.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Didn't you hear Meghan McCain at her father's eulogy?

America doesn't need to become great again, because it always was great.
    Didn't you hear Governor Cuomo, "America was never that great."
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

neither of them, ever met a microphone or a camera they could resist. talking heads all want to say something profound.