Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was watching a youtube vid about the moon. Very interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Says who?
    well the discussion did morph into "creation" and "evolution"
    Who do you think?
    I just see it as two perspectives trying to explain the same thing
    which led me reply to LAGC's
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    That must explain why feminists are so pissed all the time.
    A better explanation is that they're all Dimocrats.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    With all due respect for "The Book", my opinion is that it's just a book. Written by man. Claimed to be the "Word of God" simply because it says so. Unprovable circular logic.

And, if the content of the Bible is, for the most part, accurately written, I still believe that things it states are RELATIVE or PARABLES.

For example, God said "Let there be light and there was light and God saw that the light was good". Does this describe the ignition of our star (the sun) or does it describe the big bang?

Another example: "Adam and Eve". If true, we are ALL related and ALL relations are incestuous. So why then does the design of humanity REQUIRE genetic diversity and why do incestuous relations usually result in genetic defects, deformity and death?

Another one: God created everything in 6 days and on the seventh day He rested. 6 DAYS? What is a day? Today's 24 hour day, or the MUCH shorter day that the earth had when it was formed? Or maybe a "day" is relative and means "year" or maybe "billion years" or maybe a nanosecond. How long did it take the big bang to form after God said it should be so? NO MAN KNOWS and NO MAN has any right or authority to write down a figure and then, without God's permission, sign God's Name to it.

How about "created in His Image"? Does this mean humans were poofed instantly into existence and amazingly looked like God, or does it mean that God created hydrogen, than allowed gravity to collapse the hydrogen into the big bang, which created the universe and stars that eventually went nova and created all the other elements and planets and finally some of these elements combined on countless planets, formed the first life which (at least on earth) evolved into humans?

And if it happened in the latter manner, isn't it still true that we were created in God's Image... meaning we turned out EXACTLY AS GOD INTENDED? Who cares if it took 14 billion years... God got what He wanted, right?

The Bible is full of absurdities and contradictions. It's also full of good stories that describe morality and decency. The Ten Commandments I am sure are just good old common sense, not some amazing, previously unknown laws carved into stone by God.

I mean, does God REALLY need to COMMAND us to honor our parents? Not to steal? Not to kill? It's kinda self evident.

Although I do completely believe in God because I can see evidence of Him anywhere I look, I have zero FAITH. I don't believe ANYTHING just because some person or some book says that I should. But when I look at the stars, or (barely) understand the wonder of the universe, or simply think about DNA or simply how babies are created, there is no way it could be ANYTHING other than God.

Geez... DNA... an single molecule that contains the full blueprint for every part of a living organism. Can you imagine trying to define every cell of a living organism on paper or with a computer? Impossible! Yet, a single DNA molecule does it all (and in fact large parts of a DNA molecule are though to be junk or redundant data). If THAT'S not proof of God, nothing is.
    The book is called Tornado in a Junkyard. I think you missed something here, It isn't the Bible, Its shows through logic and science the facts Evolution has giant holes in it's theory. Sad that LAGC just regurgitates what his professors say, without reading a single book that completely obliterates theories that are not proven. I thought that was the purpose of science? Proving water boils at a certain temperature that can be repeatedly proven by any person or scientist?
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 10-04-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    The book is called Tornado in a Junkyard. I think you missed something here, It isn't the Bible, Its shows through logic and science the facts Evolution has giant holes in it's theory. Sad that LAGC just regurgitates what his professors say, without reading a single book that completely obliterates theories that are not proven. I thought that was the purpose of science? Proving water boils at a certain temperature that can be repeatedly proven by any person or scientist?
    No offense, but a theory hasn't been proven. Facts are proven and repeatable, and theories are just the best explanation of observations seen.

When a theory is proven, it's no longer called a theory, it's called a fact; when it's shown to be wrong, it's tossed aside and they start looking for a better theory.

There have been many theories about life in the past, but, so far, only the Bible and evolution are still looked at as possibly correct, even though one may believe differently.

Usually, a person believes in the Bible OR evolution. There are some people trying to show that the Bible and evolution are inter-related.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    No offense, but a theory hasn't been proven. Facts are proven and repeatable, and theories are just the best explanation of observations seen.

When a theory is proven, it's no longer called a theory, it's called a fact; when it's shown to be wrong, it's tossed aside and they start looking for a better theory.

There have been many theories about life in the past, but, so far, only the Bible and evolution are still looked at as possibly correct, even though one may believe differently.

Usually, a person believes in the Bible OR evolution. There are some people trying to show that the Bible and evolution are inter-related.
    I thought that was what I just said?

I thought that was what I just said?
    I guess you did. I misread what you wrote. It makes more sense now....

Sorry.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    well the discussion did morph into "creation" and "evolution"
    Who do you think?
    I just see it as two perspectives trying to explain the same thing
    which led me reply to LAGC's
    That's pretty much how i see it, it's wonderful to exercise your brain imagining all of the possibilities but the the answer to this question will only be known when we die

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I haven't seen much to address the resonance that the moon exhibited when the seismic impacts were done.... and to clarify what I've seen, the crust of the moon is postulated to be 20-30 miles thick with a hollow center. That's based on the data received from the testing. That, or the core of the moon is solid but extremely low-density.

I am personally, willing to look at the moon in a new light, given everything else that I've learned. Sticking to the old paradigm simply because it's comfortable does not advance understanding.

As to the Bible, the more that I learn, the more I think that it is quite literal. And it is in part, a recompilation of previous records. The Adam and Eve story is meant to recount the "creation" of homo sapient, not necessarily our ancestors which were a product of evolution.

There is a lot of evidence that we are an uplifted species. Genetic evidence.

If you research the history and records of the Sumerian civilization, it is quite intriguing. I believe that the records were actual accounts. And you have to be amazed that "civilization" and everything that comprises it just sprang to life in a very short period of time. I'm talking about agriculture, writing, law, government, mathematics, economies, etc. - all just came whole cloth out of hunter-gatherers. The pictures of the Anunaki rulers being giants historically has been chalked up to being representative of status. But again, I believe the pictures are meant to show actual size difference between the Anunaki and man. And the pictures of the solar system showing Saturn with rings (there's no way they could have know that unless they were told or show in a telescope - which they did not have) along with pluto being shown and Niburu - home planet of the Anunaki - are just eye-opening. You simply can't dismiss this evidence. There simply is no plausible explanation for these pictures other than actual knowledge at the time. None.

We are living in interesting times. Very.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Well then I misunderstood you. What I said about the Bible, though, I still stick to.

As far as evolution being a "theory", how can you say that? It's a simple, elegant system. It's not a "theory".

We even do it. Have you ever tried something new, then obtained a less than optimal result, then tried again (correcting your mistake(s)), maybe over several iterations, until you finally got the result you wanted? That's evolution.

Now, for living things, I'm sure you can agree that there are, occasionally, mutations. The word "mutation" brings to mind something bad (and it usually is), but once in a while the random mutation results in an improvement which may be passed down to future generations.

The failures die off, the improvements live on and in the long run, evolution improves the species.

The idea of a "tornado in a junkyard" has nothing to do with evolution and anyone who thinks it does doesn't understand evolution.

NOBODY said that some chimpanzee got zapped by a stray cosmic ray and became a human. That's not what evolution is. It takes countless iterations and countless centuries for evolution to even create a visible change, but the earth is some 4.5 billion years old... more than enough time for some serious evolution to take place.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

I believe that BOTH creation AND evolution are necessary and, indeed, one cannot exist without the other.

If God created life and there were no evolution, everything would be static and stagnant. No changes, no improvements.

Without creation, there would be nothing TO evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I haven't seen much to address the resonance that the moon exhibited when the seismic impacts were done.... and to clarify what I've seen, the crust of the moon is postulated to be 20-30 miles thick with a hollow center. That's based on the data received from the testing. That, or the core of the moon is solid but extremely low-density.

Link? This sounds like some crazy Scientologist stuff......

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Niburu - home planet of the Anunaki
    Holy crap! Am I still on Gunsnet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123