Thread: Interesting thing I noticed in California political races...... :D

Interesting thing I noticed in California political races...... :D

Though I live in a monolithic "Blue State Libtard" area I've noticed something very interesting.

In over TWENTY local races I've looked at (Mayor, City Councilmember, County Commissioner, etc) I've noticed that all the DEMOCRAT candidates were WHITE LIBERALS (no surprise there), but all the REPUBLICAN (pro gun, conservative values, etc) candidates were LATINOS, BLACK or ASIANS. Weird. This is the first time I've seen SO MANY nonwhite candidates on the Republican ticket. I think they're slowly getting OFF the Democrat Plantation. Which is a good thing.

One race (a few cities away), all of the Republicans running for office were Hispanic (in a town that was dominantly Latino). All the Democrats were White. Hmmmmm. Give it time. We'll be able to flip it to RED some day This is the first Time I've felt that way. Not right away, perhaps decades from now, but I have hope.

We may not FLIP California back to RED any time soon, since so many the Minorities have drunk the Kool-Aid of the Democrats, BUT I'm seeing definitive 'CRACKS' in their walls, and it's a GOOD thing

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Though I live in a monolithic "Blue State Libtard" area I've noticed something very interesting.

In over TWENTY local races I've looked at (Mayor, City Councilmember, County Commissioner, etc) I've noticed that all the DEMOCRAT candidates were WHITE LIBERALS (no surprise there), but all the REPUBLICAN (pro gun, conservative values, etc) candidates were LATINOS, BLACK or ASIANS. Weird. This is the first time I've seen SO MANY nonwhite candidates on the Republican ticket. I think they're slowly getting OFF the Democrat Plantation. Which is a good thing.

One race (a few cities away), all of the Republicans running for office were Hispanic (in a town that was dominantly Latino). All the Democrats were White. Hmmmmm. Give it time. We'll be able to flip it to RED some day This is the first Time I've felt that way. Not right away, perhaps decades from now, but I have hope.

We may not FLIP California back to RED any time soon, since so many the Minorities have drunk the Kool-Aid of the Democrats, BUT I'm seeing definitive 'CRACKS' in their walls, and it's a GOOD thing
    As a native Californian I have known MANY people of color who are conservative in their thinking. A lot of them vote democrat (not all) but I don't think it would take much to convince them that the republican party would welcome them regardless of the color of their skin.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

a lot of blacks are conservative, until it comes time to vote. then it's the old "daddy was a democrat, grand-daddy was a democrat". here in the south, some can't say much about voting before lbj. that's our fault. with some of them, only white people can be republican.

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    a lot of blacks are conservative, until it comes time to vote. then it's the old "daddy was a democrat, grand-daddy was a democrat". here in the south, some can't say much about voting before lbj. that's our fault. with some of them, only white people can be republican.
    It's hard to break away from your 'tribe'. But it can happen. I was a life long Democrat, that is until Bubba Bill Clinton. His anti Gun antics made me BREAK away completely and go REPUBLICAN. It can happen. The 'trends' are definitely a good sign. More and More minorities are starting to think like WE DO. Strong borders (I know a bunch of Hispanic Conservatives who are strong border folks, don't let the Libtard MEDIA make you think they don't exist).

When "Tricky Dickie" was running in '72 Presidential election, I was still too young. However, Nixon's antics insured that, if I had been old enough, he would NOT have had my vote.
    Since then, there has only been one election where I voted anything other than republican. I knew this candidate had screwed himself with a certain statement he made, but the fact that he had the courage and guts to tell the American people that we MUST pay our debts and that we could not continue the deficit spending. This man also had the courage to have a female VP candidate which may have adversely affected many voters. I voted for Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro mainly for his forthright admission about American "over-spending".
    That's the only time I have voted for a democrat presidential candidate.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”