Thread: New York is SOOOOOOOO safe.......

New York is SOOOOOOOO safe.......

Just another case of New York turning ordinary people who have done nothing wrong into instant felons. Fortunately, the judge in this case has a working encephalon and did the right thing.....

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

Gun in car – a 'careless mistake' - lands Idaho teen 4 months in jail.
    Simeon W. Brovont thought nothing of it when the New York State trooper asked him if he had any weapons in his car.
    Yes, he did, the 18-year-old Brovont replied. The Idaho resident had his unloaded .22-caliber handgun on the back seat.
    The teenager didn't have a [New York State] pistol permit, because in the state where he lives, such permits are not required.
    It didn't take long for Brovont to find out how much trouble he was in.
    Police arrested him on a charge of possessing an unlicensed handgun.

To add some theatrical insanity to the story.......

Authorities dispatched a bomb squad (WTF??????) to search Brovont's car.
    Fortunately......

He was facing a felony record for the rest of his life, but Niagara County Judge Sara Sheldon on Thursday granted him youthful offender status.
    She also sentenced Brovont to time served.
    The only thing the kid was guilty of was being stupid enough to drive interstate with a firearm and not first check into the individual state laws.

Thank goodness that the judge treated the case properly. No felony, no criminal record.

What good would prison have done for ANYONE on the planet?

Not the kid.
    His life as a convicted felon would be ruined.
    To survive in prison, he would probably have had to join a gang which would train how to be an ACTUAL criminal.
    He would come out of prison with a lot of his lifetime wasted, bitterly enraged at the injustice done to him and, with his "criminal training", he would now actually be a danger to everyone.

Not the rest of "society".
    How is a law abiding kid, from a good family, with no priors, having merely been ignorant of NY's insane laws, a "danger" to anyone?
    Would New York be "safer" with an innocent teen kid being locked up with real criminals?

At least this kid learned two valuable lessons:

1. NEVER come anywhere near the hellhole of NY State again
    2. Check state laws before traveling with a gun

GOD I so do hate New York. When will I ever be able to escape this hellhole?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Meanwhile on 10/10/2018 in the Bronx.

https://abc7ny.com/video-shows-peopl...round/4457590/

MORRISANIA, Bronx (WABC) -- Two young men were wounded in a shooting on a Bronx playground Wednesday afternoon.

The shooting happened at about 4:45 p.m. inside a park on Morris Avenue near 166th Street, directly behind Junior High School 22, in the Morrisania section.

Video obtained from Mcclellan Deli show terrified people fleeing the scene.

The victims, a 20-year-old who was shot in the abdomen and an 18-year-old who was shot in the neck, were taken to Lincoln Hospital in serious but stable condition.

The Department of Education says JHS 22 and the IS 184 campus were briefly placed on a shelter-in-place out of an abundance of caution.

Police are investigating the circumstances that led to the shooting.

The suspect is described as a black male in his 20s, approximately 6-feet tall and 170 pounds.

A witness tells Eyewitness News the suspect entered park and fired several rounds, then fled on foot in an unknown direction.

So far, there have been no arrests.

Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

This is a great example of what recent gun control laws are designed to do, make felons out of law abiding citizens. The laws have nothing to do with safety but with disarmament of the populace. Thanks for sharing and I have given it a wider audience.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    This is a great example of what recent gun control laws are designed to do, make felons out of law abiding citizens. The laws have nothing to do with safety but with disarmament of the populace. Thanks for sharing and I have given it a wider audience.

Great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Meanwhile on 10/10/2018 in the Bronx.

https://abc7ny.com/video-shows-peopl...round/4457590/

The suspect is described as a black male in his 20s, approximately 6-feet tall and 170 pounds.

Anyone surprised?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

It really amazes me that the breadbasket of our freedoms have become the tyranny they fought against. My Brother in law was arrested in NJ for traveling though that state from SE PA to NE PA because it was simpler to travel on NJ highways along the Delaware river. He had to surrender an unloaded shotgun in a case to avoid jail time.

It sounds as if NY & NJ aren't the only ones. Any East Coast state north of the Carolinas should be avoided like the plague.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    It really amazes me that the breadbasket of our freedoms have become the tyranny they fought against. My Brother in law was arrested in NJ for traveling though that state from SE PA to NE PA because it was simpler to travel on NJ highways along the Delaware river. He had to surrender an unloaded shotgun in a case to avoid jail time.

Surrender a shotgun? Sounds like extortion plain and simple.

Was the shotty illegal in NJ? I don't see anything in NJ law about it.

Why, then, was his shotty stolen from him?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Surrender a shotgun? Sounds like extortion plain and simple.

Was the shotty illegal in NJ? I don't see anything in NJ law about it.

Why, then, was his shotty stolen from him?
    Same reason trroops who just came back from war were found with some loose rounds and arrested, because it's a police state. Try traveling through some states where federal law has the prescribed storage laws that make it legal to travel through them unmolested. The Federal law is on your side, NJ and NY law apparently isn't. I'll have to ask him again, but I think NJ storm troopers decided he could've just traveled to his cabin in PA from his original starting point in PA without crossing into NJ.

Don't be going places you don't belong. I wouldn't consider going anywhere northward or eastward of Pennsylvania. I'd love to visit Maine, Vermont and New Hampsheah, but I refuse to pass through or over enemy territory to do so.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Don't be going places you don't belong. I wouldn't consider going anywhere northward or eastward of Pennsylvania. I'd love to visit Maine, Vermont and New Hampsheah, but I refuse to pass through or over enemy territory to do so.

Be thankful you don't LIVE here.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Be thankful you don't LIVE here.
    Amen to that !!
    Illinois will probably be that bad if "Jaba the Hutt" wins next month.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

LOL @ "abundance of caution".
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"