Thread: It's a big day for some on this side of the border

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

It's a big day for some on this side of the border

Pot is officially legal today. Went with my friend to wait in the line. Hour and a half wait. All kinds of normies in the line. Weirdest thing.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

6 paper joint time

Need to do they same here and remove it as a schedule 1.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I walked into a pot store in Telluride and said I want the stuff David Lee Roth smokes. He sold me stuff called Bruce Banner.

Oh Wow man

Canada’s most famous stoner, comedian and actor Tommy Chong, is unsure if he can make it back home for the day cannabis is legalized because he has lost his passport

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8587691.html
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Better check your gun laws, Here if you use narcotics or pot, you're prohibited.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Better check your gun laws, Here if you use narcotics or pot, you're prohibited.
    That's because you are in the land of shall not be infringed
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Ah yes, free to do what we're told. The founders would be so proud to see us filling out 4473 forms and promising to never inhale.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Buy private-party. That way you don't have to fill out any 4473's and you can still inhale.

Last edited by LAGC; 10-17-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Buy private-party. That way you don't have to fill out any 4473's and you can still inhale.

too bad you support a party that has universal background checks as a main part of its platform so you'll have to do forms on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    too bad you support a party that has universal background checks as a main part of its platform so you'll have to do forms on everything.
    What flies in Cali, won't fly in flyover country. Most Dems outside of the really urban states (Cali / Illinois / New York) just aren't that gung-ho on gun control.

And don't forget who controls the Supreme Court now. I don't think we're going to be seeing much gun control come out of Washington any time soon. At least nothing comprehensive that survives High Court scrutiny.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post

From the current 4473:

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
    decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post

Who's to know?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Who's to know?
    There's some things the government doesn't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    There's some things the government doesn't need to know.
    And therein lies the problem, the lack of privacy from multiple "watchers".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”