Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Trump Stop the Caravan

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Birth rate is falling because of the media telling young womyn that it's not in fashion to have children anymore. They have been non stop pumping this into their heads for the last 20 years. Then on the other hand forcing this meme that only brown skinned immigrants will save the west from its own demise.
    Last edited by rci2950; 11-02-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Most of them pay FICA taxes, funding SS and Medicare for the rest of us old enough to collect. Yes, with "borrowed" Social Security Numbers often times, but that only means they are paying in without any guarantee they'll ever be able to collect SS when they get older themselves. They also pay sales taxes whenever they buy food or other household items, just like the rest of us. And property taxes through rent.

The simple reality is, the Social Security Trust Funds would have been depleted by now if not for immigrants continually coming in to pick up the slack, due to declining birth rates among American women.

https://www.economist.com/democracy-...s-deep-decline

The current American birth rate among women has just fallen to a 30-year low this year, of only 1.76 live births per woman! A society cannot sustain itself with an aging population without a birth rate of at least 2.1 per woman!

So long as American women are refusing to have kids, we NEED more workers coming in or none of us are going to be able to enjoy our government checks in the mail starting at age 62.
    There are so many negative effects that its not even funny. The thought that there might be a little bit more ss money for me 25 years from now does not offset the huge burden in the mean time. I would bet that if you really looked at it that the depression in wages more than makes up for it i.e., someone making minimum wage paying SS tax on basically nothing working a construction job as a laborer is less of a benefit than someone making 20-25 an hour paying SS tax. Now there are no semi-skilled jobs that pay halway decent.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Non-citizens aren't eligible for welfare. They aren't looking for any handouts.

Migrants are, however, hard-workers willing to do many manual labor jobs
    That may be true of migrants has been for decades
    But not so for the immigrants we're getting
    Two different groups which is why "migrants" is all we hear these days the "immigrant" has been dropped
    That's intentional
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    There are so many negative effects that its not even funny. The thought that there might be a little bit more ss money for me 25 years from now does not offset the huge burden in the mean time. I would bet that if you really looked at it that the depression in wages more than makes up for it i.e., someone making minimum wage paying SS tax on basically nothing working a construction job as a laborer is less of a benefit than someone making 20-25 an hour paying SS tax. Now there are no semi-skilled jobs that pay halway decent.
    You need to come to a jobsite in AZ if you want to see the effects of illegal immigration. Since Regan's first amnesty we have been flooded with low skill workers who will work for a can of beans and a tortilla, and contractors have taken advantage of them.
    Here's another way to look at it; you have a qualified journeyman tradesman earning $25/hr or two semi-skilled laborers ( who were trained by the journeyman ) making $12.50/hr.

That journeyman was me for over 10 years, i was burdened with teaching a crew to basically take my job away some day! Try getting a 100,000 sq.ft commercial roof installed with one journeymen and 8 guys who speak very limited english with NO EXPERIENCE. These are not simple roofs they are steel decks with full tapered insulation systems and a 30 year roof system on top, usually there are 30+ HVAC curbs and a shit ton of other mechanical and plumbing penetrations.

The fucked up part is i was part of the problem and i didn't have any choice, there were no young american workers willing to learn this trade for the shit wages that are being paid, so guys like me were forced to teach these guys to do our jobs for labor wages.

And that's the way things are here in the trades, it's almost impossible to find a job making $25.00/hr as a commercial master journeyman/foreman, when i retired the company i worked for was paying journeyman $17-18/hr if they had 10 years of commercial roofing experience and you better speak mexican if want to get shit done on a jobsite

The idea that the illegals pay into the SS system and are keeping it afloat is bullshit, we rarely hired a guy who claimed less than 10 dependents, and the burden their families put on the system outweighs any contributions, go to a city hospital emergency room on a weekend and the number of illegals getting free medical care will open your eyes, I'm not talking about serious emergency injuries, but cold and flu symptoms and simple medical shit that should be taken care of at home

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    That may be true of migrants has been for decades
    But not so for the immigrants we're getting
    Two different groups which is why "migrants" is all we hear these days the "immigrant" has been dropped
    That's intentional

Neither phrase should be used. Illegals are not "immigrants", nor are they "migrants". Any non-US citizen who doesn't have the legal right to be here (i.e. citizen or green card) is simply a criminal.

And, I don't care how long an illegal has been here... illegal is illegal.

If I rob a bank and get away with it for 10 years and even paid my kid's college tuition out of the money, does that mean it's now OK because it's been 10 years? Does that mean since the money was spent on an "innocent child" that it's OK?

If so, point me to the nearest bank. This business of going to the office every day is getting on my nerves. I need a change. Everyone should GIVE ME free money.

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

An Interview With Rev. Samuel Rodriguez on the Migrant Caravan
    https://stream.org/a-message-from-re...of-immigrants/

Pastor Sam Rodriguez: Let’s lay it out. Let’s outline it.

1. We are a sovereign nation. As a sovereign nation we not only have a mandate, we have a responsibility and a clarion call to protect our borders and protect the sovereignty of our nation. We are not anarchists. We cannot embrace the idea of lawlessness or chaos.

2. 14,000 people headed toward our borders without an invitation from the United States of America is a recipe for chaos. It’s a recipe for confrontation that can and should be avoided.

Let me explain. I do believe the vast majority of individuals coming up are good-hearted people. But, they are good-hearted people being exploited by political operatives from Honduras. We are privy to the fact that a leftist leader in Honduras initiated through social media the first caravan. So the purpose and timing of it to coincide with the mid-term election is not in any way a coincidence. There is an intentional political objective behind this caravan coming up at this precise moment.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Hey Krupski if you owned an illegal firearm for 10 years it now becomes legal.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    As a further comment on Camp of the Saints, (assuming I accurately remember something I read over 40 years ago) in the book people were forced to take immigrants into their homes. Well here it is. Note the comment about the municipality being ORDERED to take 400 illegals.

https://www.infowars.com/swedish-pub...eir-own-homes/
    We fought the Brits for forcing us to house their troops in our homes.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    You need to come to a jobsite in AZ if you want to see the effects of illegal immigration. Since Regan's first amnesty we have been flooded with low skill workers who will work for a can of beans and a tortilla, and contractors have taken advantage of them.
    Here's another way to look at it; you have a qualified journeyman tradesman earning $25/hr or two semi-skilled laborers ( who were trained by the journeyman ) making $12.50/hr.

That journeyman was me for over 10 years, i was burdened with teaching a crew to basically take my job away some day! Try getting a 100,000 sq.ft commercial roof installed with one journeymen and 8 guys who speak very limited english with NO EXPERIENCE. These are not simple roofs they are steel decks with full tapered insulation systems and a 30 year roof system on top, usually there are 30+ HVAC curbs and a shit ton of other mechanical and plumbing penetrations.

The fucked up part is i was part of the problem and i didn't have any choice, there were no young american workers willing to learn this trade for the shit wages that are being paid, so guys like me were forced to teach these guys to do our jobs for labor wages.

And that's the way things are here in the trades, it's almost impossible to find a job making $25.00/hr as a commercial master journeyman/foreman, when i retired the company i worked for was paying journeyman $17-18/hr if they had 10 years of commercial roofing experience and you better speak mexican if want to get shit done on a jobsite

The idea that the illegals pay into the SS system and are keeping it afloat is bullshit, we rarely hired a guy who claimed less than 10 dependents, and the burden their families put on the system outweighs any contributions, go to a city hospital emergency room on a weekend and the number of illegals getting free medical care will open your eyes, I'm not talking about serious emergency injuries, but cold and flu symptoms and simple medical shit that should be taken care of at home
    And there's the key. Arrest and charge the business owners taking advantage of the foreign criminals, from ceos of meat packing plants to the guy who owns a roofing company, mandatory sentencing. This should be Trump's next objective after the China tariffs. Not only would it reduce the level of foreign criminals inside the US but discourage others. The presence of the foreign criminals in the US is what allows employers to pay less than a living wage.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    An Interview With Rev. Samuel Rodriguez on the Migrant Caravan
    https://stream.org/a-message-from-re...of-immigrants/

Pastor Sam Rodriguez: Let’s lay it out. Let’s outline it.

1. We are a sovereign nation. As a sovereign nation we not only have a mandate, we have a responsibility and a clarion call to protect our borders and protect the sovereignty of our nation. We are not anarchists. We cannot embrace the idea of lawlessness or chaos.

2. 14,000 people headed toward our borders without an invitation from the United States of America is a recipe for chaos. It’s a recipe for confrontation that can and should be avoided.

Let me explain. I do believe the vast majority of individuals coming up are good-hearted people. But, they are good-hearted people being exploited by political operatives from Honduras. We are privy to the fact that a leftist leader in Honduras initiated through social media the first caravan. So the purpose and timing of it to coincide with the mid-term election is not in any way a coincidence. There is an intentional political objective behind this caravan coming up at this precise moment.
    Well said !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123