Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any election predictions?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Any election predictions?

I'm predicting we gain seats in the senate and hold the house by one or two seats.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Rush Limbaugh, in an exclusive interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, predicted Republicans will hold both houses of Congress next month – defying the Washington wisdom that Nancy Pelosi is in line for speaker.

“We hold the House and increase the Senate,” the conservative talk radio host predicted in an interview set to air Thursday night on Fox News' "Hannity" at 9 p.m. ET.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rus...ains-in-senate

Vice President Mike Pence is also on record today predicting the Republicans will hold the House.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

All eyes on Texas tonight. That's going to be the real nail-biter to watch as the numbers stream in.

I know Ted Cruz is expected to come out on top, but Beto is giving him a real run for the money.

Control of the Senate could very will hinge on that race, so it will be interesting to see how close the final tallies are...

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I'm predicting we gain seats in the senate and hold the house by one or two seats.
    I sure hope so but I'm worried. Remember that so many low information voters get their 'news' from Google Also has Drudge Report changed into something weird? All I'm seeing is BLUE WAVE FORMING news which actually freaks me out a bit

I voted straight Republican ticket today, and did my best to rally my conservative friends to turn out to vote today. I believe that I was successful; however history is not in favor of the GOP. Let's hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I sure hope so but I'm worried. Remember that so many low information voters get their 'news' from Google Also has Drudge Report changed into something weird? All I'm seeing is BLUE WAVE FORMING news which actually freaks me out a bit
    Drudge has turned into a liberal website linking to Washington Post, NY Time, Vox, and the like. The blue wave thing was from ABC. There could be a blue wave. The mass media has been pounding on Trump for two years.

Something that gives me hope about the country -- I was at the gym last night and Monday Night Football was on the TV in the weight room. At half time it look like the first 50 rows closest to the field were only about 30 percent filled. Did anyone else notice this? The boycott must be far more effective than is being reported.

I saw a high turnout when voting today whatever that means.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I predict millions of illegal votes disenfranchising legitimate voters.

Alright it looks like the Democrats will take control of the House (Just as I thought) Does anyone know how the Senate looks; will the GOP hold onto the majority?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Alright it looks like the Democrats will take control of the House (Just as I thought) Does anyone know how the Senate looks; will the GOP hold onto the majority?
    Senate looks pretty grim for the Dems.

Both Donnelly (D-IN) and Bredesen (D-TN) went down, and Heitkamp (D-ND) is getting smoked so far, so that gives the R's a +3 advantage right there.

Nelson ain't doing too hot in Florida right now, so even if Ted Cruz goes down and the Dems win all other contested seats, the GOP is still going to increase their majority in the Senate.

Definitely not much of a Blue Wave. More of an ankle-deep, azure stream of piss, after all, I'd say.
    Last edited by LAGC; 11-06-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Well the newsless media predicted the Indiana Senate race to be down to the wire, but republican Braun kicked the heck out of incumbent Donnelly 54% to 42%.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Well the newsless media predicted the Indiana Senate race to be down to the wire, but republican Braun kicked the heck out of incumbent Donnelly 54% to 42%.
    I think both him and Heitkamp (of North Dakota) fell on their own swords in opposing Kavanaugh in their deeply red states. They both took a dive in the polls immediately after that, and never recovered.

Notice how Joe Manchin (D-WV) sailed to victory. He was the only Dem who ended up voting to confirm Judge Kav.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I think both him and Heitkamp (of North Dakota) fell on their own swords in opposing Kavanaugh in their deeply red states. They both took a dive in the polls immediately after that, and never recovered.

Notice how Joe Manchin (D-WV) sailed to victory. He was the only Dem who ended up voting to confirm Judge Kav.
    I don't like Joe Manchin, but he probably should be viewed as a moderate. He claims to be for a border wall and keeping out illegals. Strangely for a dim he does not want homosexuals in the military. His NRA rating slipped to a D this election but had been an A. I am not sure if the sponsoring of his Manchin-Toomy bill fully justified the drop from an A to a D. Living in WV I fell qualified to say the Manchins opponent (a very strong supporter of the 2nd Ammendment) ran a poor campaign.

Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses on religious grounds, loses re-election bid

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kim...e-election-bid

Whoops.

Why does it take some counties so long to report anything at all? Montana and Arizona are examples, Nevada also. They have to cook the numbers? On another note if I ever hear the metoo BS Dems speak up again I'll puke, the craps elected a muzzie, twice woman beater, jew hating scumbag to be our top law enforcement agent in this state......
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 11-07-2018 at 02:33 AM.

I'm interested in seeing where the chips fall in Montana as well. Keep in mind that it is a quite rural state, with probably quite antiquated infrastructure when it comes to voting equipment. So it just takes longer to transport and tabulate the ballots.

I'm interested though in seeing if Jon Tester survives the night. He's another red state Dem that voted against Kavanaugh.

So far, the trend of the night seems to be big Democratic gains in suburban areas (hence the flipping of the House) whereas all the red state Dems in the Senate are getting massacred, those who voted against Kavanaugh.

Diane Fineswine is such a stupid bitch. The Democrats had a real shot at flipping the Senate as well if she hadn't pulled her #MeToo bullshit on Kavanaugh at the 11th hour. It really does appear to be the pivotal factor as to what this election boils down to tonight.

The Republicans are just lucky only a fraction of the Senate was up for grabs tonight. If the entire Senate had been on the table, including the more urban states, the Dems could have taken it all tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I'm interested in seeing where the chips fall in Montana as well. Keep in mind that it is a quite rural state, with probably quite antiquated infrastructure when it comes to voting equipment. So it just takes longer to transport and tabulate the ballots.

I'm interested though in seeing if Jon Tester survives the night. He's another red state Dem that voted against Kavanaugh.

So far, the trend of the night seems to be big Democratic gains in suburban areas (hence the flipping of the House) whereas all the red state Dems in the Senate are getting massacred, those who voted against Kavanaugh.

Diane Fineswine is such a stupid bitch. The Democrats had a real shot at flipping the Senate as well if she hadn't pulled her #MeToo bullshit on Kavanaugh at the 11th hour. It really does appear to be the pivotal factor as to what this election boils down to tonight.

The Republicans are just lucky only a fraction of the Senate was up for grabs tonight. If the entire Senate had been on the table, including the more urban states, the Dems could have taken it all tonight.
    What's this, I agree with you mostly for the second time in my life? I think pulling false allegations might not be in the Dems best interest when Trump picks another after you guys get done playing weekend at Bernies with the dead lady.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast