Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any election predictions?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

LAGC, Take a look at the Senate map of Texas, tell me there is no illegal voting going on.......... https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...s/2018/senate/

BWAAHAHAHAHAAA Look at Nevada's choices for Senate.... One of them is none of these candidates......... Tell me that isn't a ploy to take votes....And people actually vote that too!!!!!! https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...ate/nv/senate/ That's pretty sad, none of these candidates poll better than the libertarian party
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 11-07-2018 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    LAGC, Take a look at the Senate map of Texas, tell me there is no illegal voting going on.......... https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...s/2018/senate/
    I don't know about illegal voting, unless you're talking about all those anchor babies who are now old enough to vote.

Notice how close that race was, Ted Cruz barely won this year, after winning by double-digits back in 2012.

If these demographic trends continue, Texas will be blue within a few more election cycles.

Indeed, if you look at those Senate races that the Republicans did win tonight, they were overwhelmingly white states.

It's in those districts with more ethnic diversity that the Republicans suffered such heavy losses in the House.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Something tells me Nancy won't be taking the gavel this time though... as much as she was bragging about the prospect earlier today.

Apparently at least 30 of those newly minted House Dems ran on a platform of opposing her leadership as Speaker, so it will be interesting to see how the Speakership fight plays out here in a couple months...

Wouldn't hurt to get a new face in there, for a change. Maybe someone willing to work with Trump (at least a little) instead of obstructing everything as usual.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

Something tells me Nancy won't be taking the gavel this time though... as much as she was bragging about the prospect earlier today.

Apparently at least 30 of those newly minted House Dems ran on a platform of opposing her leadership as Speaker, so it will be interesting to see how the Speakership fight plays out here in a couple months...

Wouldn't hurt to get a new face in there, for a change. Maybe someone willing to work with Trump (at least a little) instead of obstructing everything as usual.
    When have democrats ever told the truth? Bet you Pelosi will be the speaker. I guess you missed almost all the counties on the border of Mexico being blue.....Sure Americans want illegals streaming across their borders into their property, You're being dense on both these issues. Democrats win with illegal votes. Explain again why we don't need voter ID that verifies US citizenship?

I think both him and Heitkamp (of North Dakota) fell on their own swords in opposing Kavanaugh in their deeply red states. They both took a dive in the polls immediately after that, and never recovered.

Notice how Joe Manchin (D-WV) sailed to victory. He was the only Dem who ended up voting to confirm Judge Kav.
    It was crucial the Republicans held the Senate. In the next two years they should be able to get more judicial nominations through. In the long run, this will be more important than holding the house imo.

Leave it to Rush to put the election in perspective. Obama lost 63 House seats in the midterm election. Clinton lost 54.

That being said the biggest issue the Republicans have is demographics. The long term outlook is not good.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Why is the long term outlook not good?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Because those of us who learned about and love the Constitution and elect those who will follow it are dying off.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Been thinking about Trump already giving Peloci the Speaker of the House position. Genius! With democrats hating him so much, they just might vote against Peloci because Trump endorsed her!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Because white people aren't having kids and we're importing a million third worlders ever year legally, and many more illegally.

I don't know about illegal voting, unless you're talking about all those anchor babies who are now old enough to vote.

Notice how close that race was, Ted Cruz barely won this year, after winning by double-digits back in 2012.

If these demographic trends continue, Texas will be blue within a few more election cycles.

Indeed, if you look at those Senate races that the Republicans did win tonight, they were overwhelmingly white states.

It's in those districts with more ethnic diversity that the Republicans suffered such heavy losses in the House.
    LAGC is actually right about this. While there may be a lot of illegals voting as well; I guarantee you that this is mostly a result of anchor babies being old enough to vote. It's time to end birthright citizenship before Texas flips Blue and gives the Democrats a permanent ticket to the White House every cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Because white people aren't having kids and we're importing a million third worlders ever year legally, and many more illegally.
    True, but as I noted before, a lot of the GOP, Pro Gun REPUBLICAN candidates in California are Hispanic, Black or Asian (not all of course, but a lot more than I expected). So The DEMOCRAT party which touts itself as the party of racial diversity, a lot of our races, the WHITE GUY LIBTARD Democrat beat out the conservative Republican Minority candidate. Now losing local races is NOT a good thing, but I will continue to slam the Democrats for being hypocrites on diversity.

As long as we continue to REDPILL minority voters, and THIS is the DEMOCRAT's biggest FEAR, we can be okay in the long run. What we want is the values and culture of America and people who respect the constitution, rule of law and don't seek to sabotage or destroy America.

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    White people are a declining percentage of the population. Republicans are mostly white. This simple fact and the identity politics of the dims make the outlook not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    It was crucial the Republicans held the Senate. In the next two years they should be able to get more judicial nominations through. In the long run, this will be more important than holding the house imo.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/38100...brad-schaeffer

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been hospitalized after falling at her home. The 85-year-old liberal justice was taken to George Washington University Hospital.

“Tests showed that she fractured three ribs on her left side and she was admitted for observation and treatment,”
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been hospitalized after falling at her home. The 85-year-old liberal justice was taken to George Washington University Hospital.

“Tests showed that she fractured three ribs on her left side and she was admitted for observation and treatment,”
    The Republicans don't need the House in order to ram through another conservative Supreme Court Justice.

All they need is the presidency and the Senate.

Democrats should have kept their powder dry with Kavanaugh in hopes of taking over the Senate.

Now they'll be in an even weaker position to prevent another Supreme Court placement should RBG give up the ghost, now that Republicans have increased their majority in the Senate...

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post

She actually fell in her office Wednesday night. The doctors are worried that she might end up with a pneumonia-like condition due to the inability to take deep breaths and cough up the mucus that collects in the lungs.

Be still my beating heart !!

Trump needs to start talking to some new candidates for the SC.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    She actually fell in her office Wednesday night. The doctors are worried that she might end up with a pneumonia-like condition due to the inability to take deep breaths and cough up the mucus that collects in the lungs.

Be still my beating heart !!

Trump needs to start talking to some new candidates for the SC.
    He needs to put up that catholic woman judge next....... Can you imagine the smears between being a woman and Catholic? The hypocrisy of the left can never again be so outstanding.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Some of that can be explained by Betos having about 50% more cash to spend than Cruz. That and for some reason Cruz hates to use signs. Even with those two negatives Cruz beat Betos. That goes more to strength of support than you are allowing.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast