Thread: Another shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another shooting

link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/borderl...an-storming-in

Twelve people, including a sheriff's sergeant, were killed in a mass shooting at a crowded Southern California bar Wednesday night. The Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks was filled with college students when witnesses say a gunman, dressed in a trench coat, shot the bouncer at the front door then fired multiple rounds. Police found the shooter dead inside, possibly from a self-inflicted wound.

"It's a horrific scene in there. There's blood everywhere," Ventura County sheriff Geoff Dean said Thursday morning.
    Many of the people at the bar were local students, there to celebrate "College Country Night." Witnesses say people were dancing and having a good time when someone stormed in, and began firing.
    Click the link for the rest of the story.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

One of the people who survived this shooting told CBS station KCBS-TV he survived the Las Vegas shooting last year.
    Let see that was a country music event too
    Aren't country music fans generally considered conservative
    I wonder if we'll ever get a motive probably jealous boyfriend or something
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Didn't read the article posted but TV news said he used a .45 pistol. Too bad people in commiefornia are not allowed to be armed. He had to make many mag changes to do that much damage. The dead officer was said to have been shot multiple times.

Sad times we live in.

With due respect to those affected by this, I am glad he didn't use that dreaded AR-15.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Didn't read the article posted but TV news said he used a .45 pistol. Too bad people in commiefornia are not allowed to be armed. He had to make many mag changes to do that much damage. The dead officer was said to have been shot multiple times.

Sad times we live in.

With due respect to those affected by this, I am glad he didn't use that dreaded AR-15.
    He had a Glock 21, which is the 45 ACP version. The media is making a big deal out of the fact that he had ONE high cap among the spare magazines. He was 28 yrs old and a Marine Corp Vet. California banned the NEW acquisition of high caps in 2000 for residents, but those of us who had them before were allowed to keep them. This guy would have been 11 yrs old at the ban date so he could NOT have legally owned a handgun or any high cap magazine (no legacy -or grandfathered ownership). So he definitely illegally acquired them. But shit man, he was a Marine Corp vet. Not hard to score high caps when you're fighting in the sand box.

Again, if someone had a CCW and was armed, they could have capped him, though I'm reading now that he was trained and shooting tactically. It's my own nightmare, facing off against a shooter who knows what he's doing.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    He had a Glock 21, which is the 45 ACP version. The media is making a big deal out of the fact that he had ONE high cap among the spare magazines. He was 28 yrs old and a Marine Corp Vet. California banned the NEW acquisition of high caps in 2000 for residents, but those of us who had them before were allowed to keep them. This guy would have been 11 yrs old at the ban date so he could NOT have legally owned a handgun or any high cap magazine (no legacy -or grandfathered ownership). So he definitely illegally acquired them. But shit man, he was a Marine Corp vet. Not hard to score high caps when you're fighting in the sand box.

Again, if someone had a CCW and was armed, they could have capped him, though I'm reading now that he was trained and shooting tactically. It's my own nightmare, facing off against a shooter who knows what he's doing.
    They're just amazed that someone would, actually, ignore the law and used a banned device. All Libs believe, in their hearts, that if you enact a law, everyone will blindly follow it (even criminals).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    They're just amazed that someone would, actually, ignore the law and used a banned device. All Libs believe, in their hearts, that if you enact a law, everyone will blindly follow it (even criminals).
    They 'know' that crazies or criminals will never follow the law. It's just a 'fuck you' to the law abiding gun owners. They despise the gun culture and revel in poking us with sharp sticks whenever they can. They'll LIE and whip up the low information public with emotion in order to appear 'virtuous'.