Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again. Fire footage from Northern California

Here we go again. Fire footage from Northern California

A bunch of my friends told me they had to flee this fire. I saw the sky turn blood red yesterday. The smoke traveled down the state hundreds of miles...

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Holy cow that is crazy. I sure feel for thoae people. I live deep in the woods, so I get a bit nervous when we have long dry spells.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Damn. CA polluting the skies again....and adding to Globull Warming, too.

(I feel sorry for those affected by these fires.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Though NOT my picture, this is what the sky looked like outside my house yesterday and today..... Weird.....

What makes me kinda sad is that this area looked like a nice place to live..... All these houses are no longer....

Yikes

Local news (St.Louis, MO) said this morning that the entire town of Paradise, east of Chino, is no more.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Wow. That live leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Wow. That live leak.
    Yeah. Gruesome.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

The left got their way. No firebreaks, no clear cutting, no lumbering. Hurray for you spotted owl nuts. You killed many more than you saved.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    The left got their way. No firebreaks, no clear cutting, no lumbering. Hurray for you spotted owl nuts. You killed many more than you saved.
    Yep. No more Timber industry due to Tree huggers. No more wood burning BIOMASS plants due to the supposed 'air pollution' and yet the fires themselves create TONS more pollution than any wood burning plant would have made in 20 years........ The timber industry would burn the DEAD TREES in wood burning plants to create electricity. Those are no more.

AN article addressed the causes and it broke down to about 40% California's fault (being that only 40% of the forest land was actually managed by the state) and 60% FEDERAL agency's fault. Yep. You can THANK THE OBAMA REGIME regulations that fucked over their part of the landscape. I don't know if Trump can fix all the FUCKUPS that run the various governmental agencies. I hear there are literally MILLIONS of government bureaucrats if you count all the states and feds who are definitely DEEP STATE and will continue to implement a MARXIST / LEFT WING agenda regardless of who is president at the time. Obama really fucked us good with his administration's forestry management policies. And of course California's own politicians did THEIR Part as well.

(edit post) I must point out that MOST Of the people who live in those BURNED OUT rural areas are RED STATE republicans. The idiot libtards who write and PUSH the idiot regulations and laws are the big city ELITIST types. So they pass the laws but the regular folks in the rural regions pay the price. >

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Yep. No more Timber industry due to Tree huggers. No more wood burning BIOMASS plants due to the supposed 'air pollution' and yet the fires themselves create TONS more pollution than any wood burning plant would have made in 20 years........ The timber industry would burn the DEAD TREES in wood burning plants to create electricity. Those are no more.

AN article addressed the causes and it broke down to about 40% California's fault (being that only 40% of the forest land was actually managed by the state) and 60% FEDERAL agency's fault. Yep. You can THANK THE OBAMA REGIME regulations that fucked over their part of the landscape. I don't know if Trump can fix all the FUCKUPS that run the various governmental agencies. I hear there are literally MILLIONS of government bureaucrats if you count all the states and feds who are definitely DEEP STATE and will continue to implement a MARXIST / LEFT WING agenda regardless of who is president at the time. Obama really fucked us good with his administration's forestry management policies. And of course California's own politicians did THEIR Part as well.

(edit post) I must point out that MOST Of the people who live in those BURNED OUT rural areas are RED STATE republicans. The idiot libtards who write and PUSH the idiot regulations and laws are the big city ELITIST types. So they pass the laws but the regular folks in the rural regions pay the price. >
    Utopia at its finest.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Tank, how is the air where you are at? A lot of schools and universities are closed right now. My work sent me home.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

if trump tries to fix it, some judge will issue a restraining order.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Tank, how is the air where you are at? A lot of schools and universities are closed right now. My work sent me home.
    As I said in an early post about the previous fire, States that the smoke is drifting over should get their AG's to file lawsuits against CA and sue them for man-made air pollution. Hit them in the courts and the pocket book....maybe that'll shake them up a little.

CA could have PREVENTED most of this fire from destroying so much property, killing so many people, and creating this air pollution if they had followed accepted (as most other states do) sane forestry practices such as controlled burns and creating fire breaks, etc.

But, CA refused to follow those forestry practices and now everyone is seeing the results....

Hopefully, a lot of those affected by this fire will move out of state to places that have saner laws.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Damn Weevil. That looks like "Dante's Inferno". All that guy needs are horns, tail, and a pitchfork !
    I read a clipping in the local paper today that said the fires have made the air in SF "toxic". Maybe it will help fumigate the Bay area.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If it wasn't so sad that over 1000 people are now reported as "missing" as the confirmed death toll approaches 100, I would be laughing at the commiefornia government fining farmers for clearing the land because of some "protected" rat. And the banning of logging, and clear cutting, and other things that might have prevented the fire from spreading.

Not to mention keeping the infrastructure up as it was an electrical spark from their powerlines that was reported as starting the fire.

Truly my prayers are for those who have lost family members, and the finding those that are missing to be actually safe. Yes, even for commiefornians.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Damn Weevil. That looks like "Dante's Inferno". All that guy needs are horns, tail, and a pitchfork !

Awesome pic!

If ever there was Hell on Earth these wildfires are it. They are a power and force of nature that most people can't even comprehend....nothing can stand against the fury they bring.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    If it wasn't so sad that over 1000 people are now reported as "missing" as the confirmed death toll approaches 100, I would be laughing at the commiefornia government fining farmers for clearing the land because of some "protected" rat. And the banning of logging, and clear cutting, and other things that might have prevented the fire from spreading.

Not to mention keeping the infrastructure up as it was an electrical spark from their powerlines that was reported as starting the fire.

Truly my prayers are for those who have lost family members, and the finding those that are missing to be actually safe. Yes, even for commiefornians.
    In general the people affected aren't the ones making these stupid decisions, the LA area and Bay area run the whole state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast