Thread: Selling Guns Via GunsAmerica or Gun Broker

Selling Guns Via GunsAmerica or Gun Broker

Does anyone here have any experience selling guns online via Gun Broker, GunsAmerica, etc. If so is this a recommended approach for selling a few guns? Are there any concerns or caveats?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Bought and sold a couple on Gunbroker. Always check the rating of the person buying your firearms, and when you receive either a copy of the FFL even if you receive payment, call the FFL directly to make sure they are aware of the transfer and that the seller is real. Also call the dealer after getting confirmation of their receipt to make sure they got it, and they verify condition of the package. Usually you will have no problems but contacting the dealer at least made me feel better.

Always get a bank issued check in your name to guarantee funds, or a postal money order. While there are other money orders out their, USPS is the safest.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Bought and sold a couple on Gunbroker. Always check the rating of the person buying your firearms, and when you receive either a copy of the FFL even if you receive payment, call the FFL directly to make sure they are aware of the transfer and that the seller is real. Also call the dealer after getting confirmation of their receipt to make sure they got it, and they verify condition of the package. Usually you will have no problems but contacting the dealer at least made me feel better.

Always get a bank issued check in your name to guarantee funds, or a postal money order. While there are other money orders out their, USPS is the safest.
    Good advice - particularly about contacting the FFL -- but wouldn't I be verifying that the buyer is real i.e., the FFL is aware of the buyer? I am a little nervous about the process but I think I will start with one gun (probably a Romak-3) and see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post

I sell on Gunbroker on a weekly basis, haven't had any issues in years.
    Setting a price sometimes is slow but Ive found to put things up starting at $1 with a reserve is usually the way to go. Ive got three guns up right now that bidders have taken all three up higher than I would have taken with an outright price.