Thread: I Can't Believe this was in the Chicago Tribune

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I Can't Believe this was in the Chicago Tribune

Two interesting things about this (besides the fact that is was published in the Chicago Tribune) that point out the bias of main stream news reporting, bias that pushes reporting into the area of fake news. First, 98% of mass shootings since 1950 happened outside the US and we rank 64th in the world for mass shootings. I wish we were much farther down, but based on reporting by the main stream media and the statements of politicians pushing for abandonment of the Second Amendment I would expect us to be #1. Second, look at the next to last paragraph which describes how ABC and NBC edited statements from a recent shooting to totally change the meaning. They have been caught doing this more and more. This is why I take much of their negative reporting on conservative topics with a grain of salt until I can confirm the story from some less biased sources.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...9R5UjHJtp6cEvI
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Rule of Thumb with Mainstream Propaganda Outlets: Look at everything they print, or say, as the opposite of what really happened.

You'll be right more often than you'll be wrong.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars