Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never let a woman go to the auto dealership by herself

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Never let a woman go to the auto dealership by herself

So my wife decided she needed a new F150 Supercrew, she had said after I retire I'm buying one... She's a good 8-9 years from retirement..... She not only buys the truck with supposedly advertised 0%/72 months which isn't true, You can chose the rebates or the 0% very misleading to start with. She goes on to purchase the snake oil coating at $699, then buys the extended warranty that lasts another year and 60K miles for 3K........... I didn't mind her buying the vehicle, but the $3600 of snake oil could've netted her a truck with way more options. Total price was 42K with 5% interest by wells Fargo. I'm so pissed about the snake oil and financing, we have phenomenal credit as we haven't bought a new vehicle since 2001.

My wife would never buy a Ford.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I've seen that too many times. At least she got a good truck .

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Not sure what your "snake oil" entails, but when I bought my Mazda 5, I went for the Platinum Service Plan (the highest one they offer) and have been glad I did ever since. Almost all my regularly scheduled service appointments cost me nothing. I, even get a free detail once a year. Other than a few small replacement parts, I've paid almost nothing to keep it in tip-top shape.

I don't remember how much my Platinum cost, but I've been very satisfied with it.

As long as I'm the original owner, my Platinum Plan won't lapse.

As far as extended warranties, every time mine gets ready to expire, they offer me a new one. I can decide if I want to renew it or not.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Those coatings aren't snake oil, I regret not getting it on my car

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
    My wife would never buy a Ford.
    Ditto! If I buy American, it is always Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When not, I stay with Toyota! I could never own a Ford in good Confidence! Always the Enemy of Chevy and General Motors! I would Die before owning a Ford. The last time Enterprise Car Rental gave me a Damn Ford, I gave the Manager Holy Hell! Told him I was Renting the Car, and I should be able to Pick what Car I wanted!!! You have a very Smart Wife. All Ford had going for it, was the Mustang! the Days of the 1971 429 BOSS Engine are long gone! It was sad to see the Trans Am go bye bye! Remember Ford means Fix or Repair Daily, or Found on the Road Dead. Go Chevy! Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Ditto! If I buy American, it is always Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When not, I stay with Toyota! I could never own a Ford in good Confidence! Always the Enemy of Chevy and General Motors! I would Die before owning a Ford. The last time Enterprise Car Rental gave me a Damn Ford, I gave the Manager Holy Hell! Told him I was Renting the Car, and I should be able to Pick what Car I wanted!!! You have a very Smart Wife. All Ford had going for it, was the Mustang! the Days of the 1971 429 BOSS Engine are long gone! It was sad to see the Trans Am go bye bye! Remember Ford means Fix or Repair Daily, or Found on the Road Dead. Go Chevy! Paul
    funny I thought with my ranger it stood for Fucker Only Runs Downhill

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    So my wife decided she needed a new F150 Supercrew, she had said after I retire I'm buying one... She's a good 8-9 years from retirement..... She not only buys the truck with supposedly advertised 0%/72 months which isn't true, You can chose the rebates or the 0% very misleading to start with. She goes on to purchase the snake oil coating at $699, then buys the extended warranty that lasts another year and 60K miles for 3K........... I didn't mind her buying the vehicle, but the $3600 of snake oil could've netted her a truck with way more options. Total price was 42K with 5% interest by wells Fargo. I'm so pissed about the snake oil and financing, we have phenomenal credit as we haven't bought a new vehicle since 2001.
    OUCH !!

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post

My '08 Ranger doesn't have the extended warranty but my '11 Hyundai Elantra does. The Ranger has less than 7500 miles on it and, except for oil filters, wipers, and the battery that was just changed ~6 months ago, everything is still original.
    The Elantra has the extended warranty as a part of the dealer's "preferred" club. I paid $1500 for it and get free oil changes as often as every month (unnecessary) and a free wash anytime. Anything major has a $100 deductible but covers everything for 10 years. The only thing I have needed it for was an electrical problem earlier this year that ruined the battery. Saved me about $250 for the computer parts that had failed. BTW, the car has a little over 40K on it.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Don't forget:

Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

ahhh micropenis shit.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Don't forget:

Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead
    Then there's "four old rusty doors"

I'm actually interested in what the new Bronco finally turns out like
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    GMC.....got mechanic coming

Dodge....dead old dog got exed

Ford...9 out of 10 Fords are still on the road, because they couldn't make it home
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

You can cancel the extended warranty and get a refund/partial refund. You are stuck on the coating though.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Got a pic?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I've bought Fords for my last three auto purchases. Plenty happy with them. Ford didn't take any taxpayer money like the others did as far as I know. Is that a reason I bought Ford? Nope, I bought what was the best value at the time.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I've bought Fords for my last three auto purchases. Plenty happy with them. Ford didn't take any taxpayer money like the others did as far as I know. Is that a reason I bought Ford? Nope, I bought what was the best value at the time.
    Now, GMC is about to shut down quite a few plants and put thousands of workers out of a job. Very nice Christmas present, huh?

Rush said this was a political move to show that Trump's economy isn't as good as it really is.

Pretty low of GMC to put thousands of people out of work just to show where their loyalties lie......... (It sure isn't with the workers....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

All our fords have lasted 200K miles without major repairs, Have a 2001 F150 Supercrew from when they first came out, 197,000 miles still running strong, No major repairs. Have had rangers and a broncoII They all made it close to 200K miles, Bodies all were in good shape. Bought two Dodges, First had tranny problems with less than 75K, Second a 2500 doors rusting before it hit 36K, 3 power steering pumps and the 4th is on it's way out, snapping shafts. Rear has an issue, all with less than 40K on it. Will never buy a Dodge again in my life. Wife had a Camaro, not impressed, I have a M1009 30K miles rusted out to shit, but the diesel is still in good shape. Ford all the way for me, Had a Mystique with 230K miles finally gave up the ghost, currently have a 98 Contour closing on 200K, still runs great and body is damn good.

Gorgeous! And the truck ain't too bad either.

Our county Surveyors office, where I used to work have several Fords
    The newer ones were more prone to wiring damage from mice
    Not unusual in the boonies I know but as it turned out the coatings were soy based which attracted them more than the old style insulation
    You're probably already aware but thought I'd toss it out there
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

So my wife rides along to the Chevy dealer with our neighbor to have her truck serviced. My wife decides to look at the new trucks while they're waiting for the neighbors to be finished

My wife doesn't have a drivers license, she didn't have a job, she's on medical disability from the epilepsy she developed after her brain surgery, she takes some pretty heavy duty meds to control her seizures and she's a little loopy sometimes.

NEVER THE LESS, she comes home and informs me she just bought our oldest son a new truck, it was being delivered in a couple hours. ( i had planned on getting him a new truck anyway )
    A couple hours later a new 2002 Chevy Colorado Z71 pulls up with a $25,000 window sticker. I wasn't planning on spending that much.

They sold her a 25K truck with no job, no DL, and no insurance !!!

So yea, DO NOT LET WOMEN GO TO CAR DEALERS ALONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast