Thread: just purchased two M95 carbines.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

just purchased two M95 carbines.

So picked these up yesterday for a really good bargain. One Hungarian and one Austrian. Both appear to be refinished. Bores are frosted but strong. The austrian one has light surface rust that i will fix later today. Came with a grocery bag of nazi ammo on clips in cardboard cartons. I am guessing about 50 rounds. I dont plan on shooting the nazi ammo as it is probably now collectable and is likely corrosive. I have a source for new prvi stuff and once i have enough brass accumulated i will roll my own. I have a few questions for you guys. How do i know if either of these were cut down or purpose built carbines? What is the proper shooting technique? Do i work the bolt while the rifle is still shouldered? Does anyone have an english language manual? What did the germans use these for? The ammo is nazi marked but rifles are not. Is there a way i can tell if these were used by the germans? An other info would be appreciated,

Pics can be clicked to enlarge.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

After today, it's all historical.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Nice. I had a 95/34 back in 2002. Make sure you tighten the action screws before shooting it. Took mine to the range and after quite a few rounds the stock split from the forearm through the wrist. Was able to glue and pin it back together. Ended up selling it to another forum member later one

As I scallops the recoil was stout but not overwhelming. Work the bolt from the shoulder.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice looking pair of M95 rifles.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Not up on the M95 but I know nice looking rifles when I see them!