Thread: Krupski Aftermarket PS for HP 18 pin motherboard

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Krupski Aftermarket PS for HP 18 pin motherboard

Krupksi or anyone that might know. I bought an HP Z620 dual processor workstation that has a HP proprietary 18 pin motherboard, and intend to put two Nvidia 1070 video cards in it. The 800 watt power supply doesn't have four 8 pin connectors for the video cards, It only has two 6 pin on the same cable. I have an EVGA 750 G1+ that has enough cables for the two video cards, has an 18 pin output that is meant to attach a modular cable that terminates in a 24 pin(normal motherboard). Can I hook up the 18 pin output to the 18 pin motherboard? Would the pinout be correct? I don't want to fry the motherboard naturally.

Never mind, the solution is a 24 pin to 18 pin cable available on Ebay or amazon, I forgot I had ordered one, It was on my desk in front of my face....... DOOOOH

Do the holidays have you all "stressed out"?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Never mind, the solution is a 24 pin to 18 pin cable available on Ebay or amazon, I forgot I had ordered one, It was on my desk in front of my face....... DOOOOH
    With proprietary stuff I always try to do a pinout voltage check since they may have voltages going to places the adaptor isn't designed to provide.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Problem is I can't find a pinout for the HP motherboard connector, but you're right, I should test the cable with the original PS and then test with an aftermarket and the adapter cable. Found out the hard way an EVGA PSU 10+18 to 24 pin cable with the 24 pin to 18 HP cable doesn't work, burned out the EVGA PS instantly....... Thank God it didn't burn up the duel Xeon MB or processors! Anyway I put the HP PSU back in and have one 1070 video card in and running, it's a screamer! Still need to replace the PSU with an aftermarket so I can power the second 1070...... I ordered a regular 24 pin ATX power supply, rather than the 10+18 more modern PSU's have, I'll check the pin out with the 24-18 pin adapter.