Thread: Trump to Cave Again

Trump to Cave Again

Trump appears to now cave again on funding a wall. Looks like I called it in a previous post on this subject. Trump's doctor needs to check his testosterone level. Most of the other Republicans also need a testosterone check. Like El Rushbo says from time to time - they are a party comfortable in the loser role. What Rush also needs to say is the Republicans consistently disrespect their base. Apparently we are the real low information voters.

I went to one of Trump's rallies. I heard him talk about a nice beautiful wall that Mexico would pay for. What happened? WTF Happened? Other ways to fund my ass. This is code for caving. Fool me once.....

How long will Trump supporters keep tolerating this BS?

Mr. President -- sound off like you got a pair and veto the lib budget.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...void-shutdown/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...f-border-wall/
    Last edited by jet3534; 12-19-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Dude, give him a break, he has to fight the RINO Repugnants AND the Craps. At least he's trying. If we should be pissed it should be at the useless spineless R's in the house and Senate, they've had total control and done nothing the whole time they had total power.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

he didn't "cave". he went out on a limb and the gutless congress sawed it off. i am so disgusted with the republicans i would scream if it would help. i am getting a new congressman and senator this new year. if they don't get with the program, i'm done with them all. if trump runs again, i'll vote for him. anyone that can bear to put up with the rest of them, gets my support.

I just called my Republican Senator and Congressman to deliver the message I will never vote for a Republican again if they don't fund a border wall. Why bother to vote when both parties are destroying our country. The Republicans could fund a wall now with a simple majority vote, but they are getting ready to pass a continuing resolution to fund the government until February allowing the Democrats and Pelosi to take control of the House. This is a sell out of us, the real low information voters and Trump gets a pass from his supporters as we can see from comments here. All of this talk about going out on a limb is BS. All Trump has to do is have the balls to veto any bill that does not fund a wall. A few days of shutting down the Government and the libs will cave. He won't do this. Why? Either he lacks balls or actually plays his voters and really supports illegal immigration.

It takes a great conman to sell the same lie more than once. When he caved the last time on a budget bill he promised a veto on the next budget that did not fund a wall. He apparently lie. Can't blame his lies on the Republicans or Dims. Two years from now Trump will still be talking about a wall and people will think he is sincere. Sad state of affairs.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I remember Richard Tricky Dicky Nixon who during his first term was assuring us he would end the Vietnam "conflict". Then the elections came, the war continued and his mantra was reelect Nixon and he would end the war. Stretching things to achieve a second term is not new. Heck FDR used the war with Japan and Germany to get elected 4 times!

We now have the first illegal gun control from Trump

Bump stocks were legal. No laws are passed. Now bump stocks are illegal and ordered to be turned in. This is an indicator of what what the future will bring if Trump is re-elected. Gun control will be implemented with the wave of a wand.

At this point I think Trump's critics are possibly right that the man in mentally ill.
    Last edited by jet3534; 12-19-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    We now have the first illegal gun control from Trump

Bump stocks were legal. No laws are passed. Now bump stocks are illegal and ordered to be turned in. This is an indicator of what what the future will bring if Trump is re-elected. Gun control will be implemented with the wave of a wand.

At this point I think Trump's critics are possibly right that the man in mentally ill.
    Not sticking up for Trump on this issue, but, if Hitlary had been elected, we wouldn't even have any guns to worry about by this point in her term.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Not sticking up for Trump on this issue, but, if Hitlary had been elected, we wouldn't even have any guns to worry about by this point in her term.
    The overarching issue is not gun control, it is demographics, and Trump caving on a wall (yes he caved) ensures the death of political conservatism in the future. What Hillary may have done is conjecture. What we know is Trump allowed more illegals into the US than Obama.

I am sick of being played by the Republicans to vote the lessor of two evils.

The following should not be forgotten with respect to Trump.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/28/170641...ress-explained
    Last edited by jet3534; 12-19-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Trump ALSO "caved" on bump stocks. From the sounds of it, owners will NOT get compensated for their property. You either turn them in or destroy them yourselves.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Trump ALSO "caved" on bump stocks. From the sounds of it, owners will NOT get compensated for their property. You either turn them in or destroy them yourselves.
    I've heard that some are just drilling a hole and putting a bolt through it to render it a fixed stock. That's technically LEGAL, since one has to MODIFY the stock by removing a part. You can also convert it back if the ban gets overturned in the future. Either way, I wouldn't throw it away or destroy it. Just render it to be a normal stock. thoughts on this?

With respect to gun control expect Trump's New York values to fully emerge if re-elected. Of course, given his caving on the wall, controlling spending, and so forth, it is pretty likely The Orange Man does not intend to run for another term. He is laughing with total contempt at those of us who voted for him. Reading between the lines, i.e., reading his gun control comments made back in February he is probably the reason concealed carry reciprocity was derailed.

This was the best commentary on Trump I read today.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-less-country/
    Last edited by jet3534; 12-19-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Funny thing about bump stocks. Everyone that made one asked for permission/ a ruling from ATFE. They ruled against it. No biggy. Someone persisted and they ruled in favor of the Bumpstock. Vegas shooter has a couple of the stocks so they decide to reverse the decision on Bump stocks.

I'm totally against owners having to destroy or surrender their legally purchased bumb stocks. Worse case the are given full retail compensation. Best case the existing stocks should be grandfathered in.

As far as infringing on our rights, well if you have to ask for permission is it really a right?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 12-20-2018 at 05:58 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    With respect to gun control expect Trump's New York values to fully emerge if re-elected. Of course, given his caving on the wall, controlling spending, and so forth, it is pretty likely The Orange Man does not intend to run for another term. He is laughing with total contempt at those of us who voted for him. Reading between the lines, i.e., reading his gun control comments made back in February he is probably the reason concealed carry reciprocity was derailed.

This was the best commentary on Trump I read today.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-less-country/
    I think you're making quite a leap there. What President in your lifetime had more conservative policies and which one has dismantled more regulation than Trump? Frankly I'm surprised, I expected him to be a liberal in disguise, held my nose to vote for him and I'm super glad I did. Has he failed in a couple areas? Absolutely, but mostly he's up against both his own party and the craps. According to the media he can't make law like Obama did. Every single policy reversal is met by liberal judges and lawsuits along with the R's and D's. Not even to mention every single regulatory agency,intelligence agency and LE enforcement agency actually committing treason I.E. the CIA,FBI and Justice Dept.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I think you're making quite a leap there. What President in your lifetime had more conservative policies and which one has dismantled more regulation than Trump? Frankly I'm surprised, I expected him to be a liberal in disguise, held my nose to vote for him and I'm super glad I did. Has he failed in a couple areas? Absolutely, but mostly he's up against both his own party and the craps. According to the media he can't make law like Obama did. Every single policy reversal is met by liberal judges and lawsuits along with the R's and D's. Not even to mention every single regulatory agency,intelligence agency and LE enforcement agency actually committing treason I.E. the CIA,FBI and Justice Dept.
    agreed!

Spending like a drunken sailor hardly makes Trump a conservative. What exactly are Trump's conservative policies? Just asking. With respect to illegals they are coming into the country at a greater rate than the Obama administration. Is this the President that placed troops over 100 miles from the border before an election claiming they would stop the so called "caravan" of illegals or was that some other President?

Maybe opinions differ as to what a conservative is. To me Ron and Rand Paul are what a conservative should be. Neocons and promoters of the NWO are not conservatives. Have we had a conservative President in my lifetime? Being born in 1951 I would say Dwight Eisenhower. A great and underrated man. My Congressman is a really good conservative I think, but I have to see how he voted on the CR. He has a lot of feds in his district to getting votes may have trumped (no pun intended) being a conservative with respect to a Federal shutdown.

Am I making a great leap thinking Trump is no conservative? I only go by Trumps comments about gun control and the gun lobby made last February.

On a positive note it does look like today Trump (feeling the heat from his base) may possibly reverse himself and veto the continuing resolution. If he does, I will have to rethink my comments in this thread - but if he doesn't reverse his position he is a liar per his veto comments made a week ago.

He has the funds to build the wall via the military funding bill he signed, and the authority as that is a function of the fedgov, to protect the national borders. The bumpstock thing is just another indication of how he views the 2nd A. Dunno how this is going to turn out, but Trump flew on Lolita airlines just like bill and killary, visited epstein's island, and was sued by more than one girl who said he raped her at Epstein island, the girls dropping the suits. Epstein and his friends got sweetheart deals from comey and muller and doj. I suppose epstein is mossad, and mossad has control of whitehouse. They'll have even more control if they get kushner in as chief of staff. Time will tell.

His effort to remove our forces from Syria, where we the people have no interest, is being resisted by the likes of neocons and rinos as well as nwo types everywhere. If he can pull this off he will redeem himself, but I suppose isis or the white helmets will pull a false flag gas attack and blame it on Assad, resulting in an increased US presence rather than removal.
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 12-21-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I heard Trump on the radio about 20 minutes ago. He now appears ready to veto the CR spending bill currently on the table, but I am concerned that his voice sounded shaky. I think the Republicans (and this includes Trump) understand from the heat they got from people like commentators Rush and Ann Coulter, the Freedom Caucus, and base voter like me who lit up the phones of Republican Representatives that they are all finished in politics if a wall does not get built.

Here is my concern - are we going to get a budget bill that funds "border security" and does not fund "a wall?" If so, then the money will get spent for something other than a wall.

As 5.56 points out funds are available now. There is no reason the Army cannot do this other than Trump does not really want a wall. The Army Corp of Engineers has a pretty good dam building track record so it is not like they cannot pour concrete.

I wouldn't be surprised if Epstein was a Mossad agent. Funny how Israel manipulating elections on a massive scale is considered a great thing, but Russian Facebook ads are a cause for outrage.
    Last edited by jet3534; 12-20-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Two days into a shutdown and Trump seems ready to cave. We were told that 5 Billion would give us 100 miles of new fence and repair and existing 100 miles. So rather than the big beautiful wall we are going to get 1.6 Billion and 32 miles of new fence? Next will Trump piss down our back and say it's raining?

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...lion-for-wall/

I remember the Newt caving on a Federal Shutdown after proclaiming his Contract With America. Do any of these Republicans have a spine?

On anther subject, all of you have a great holiday tomorrow and thanks to this board for letting me rant.

Note how the stock market has dropped to record levels for the xmas season courtesy of fed raising rates and the treas sec letting everyone know he called the heads of the largest US banks to check on their liquidity, as if reporting his call to the media wouldn't cause the stock market to get diarrhea. This may be the means the nwo will use to control Trump, by crashing the economy on his watch.

It'd be nice if Trump said f this and just printed US notes that bore debt to no one, and withdraw fed notes from circulation, and arrested everyone at the fed. You know, for fraud, like how we pay them interest on the face value of every note they print out of thin air?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"