Thread: Semi-auto version of the Tac-14

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Semi-auto version of the Tac-14

I own and prefer the Shockwave over the standard Remington Tac-14 however I like the wooden stocked version of the Tac-14 more than the Shockwave. This new Tac-13 I like best of all!

https://www.remington.com/other-products/v3-tac-13

Being a semi-auto it might be a lot softer shooting than the pumps which I don't find objectionable but this should be better.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Mossberg has "retro" wooden version of the Shockwave, Persuader, and 590A1 out this month. I'll be getting a retro shockwave and 590a1 for sure.

Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 12-20-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Mossberg has "retro" wooden version of the Shockwave, Persuader, and 590A1 out this month. I'll be getting a retro shockwave and 590a1 for sure.

Ghost ring sights and a headt shield? Being a590 owner my interest is peaked I was always told this combo was impossible

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

When they first came out I liked the forearm on the Shockwave better than the Remington plus the Shockwave held one more round. Then Remington came out with the wood furniture and I believe the capacity increased to match the Mossberg. Then Mossberg has a wood version and now this semi-auto from Remington.

I'm not a huge fan of the plastic furniture on this Tac-13. Price is pretty high too though a member on another forum said he picked one up for $900 and change. Think I'll wait until they come out with a wood stocked version and the price drops. A semi-auto probably should cost more than a pump but 4x or 5x more!
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 12-21-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Black ace tactical makes their own and has them for $449 plastic, and $574 wood.
    http://www.blackacestactical.com/no-nfa

I have a 12 gauge shockwave, after shooting both 2 3/4 buckshot and the aguila mini shells, I only shoot the mini’s. I would like a semi auto but don’t think I would buy one that can’t feed the mini shells
    Initial Success or Total Failure