Thread: Automatic Weapons Are Legal, But It Takes A Lot To Get One Of The 630,000 In The U.S.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Automatic Weapons Are Legal, But It Takes A Lot To Get One Of The 630,000 In The U.S.

After today, it's all historical.

Typically they aren’t any more difficult than any other class 3 weapon, in terms of paperwork, however they do require a significant outlay of cash ... that being said, they have proven to be a good investment, that you can play with.

I didn’t read the article, but maybe I should?

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I wish I had done a little investing back in the early 1980s...

I would be hesitant to invest the large sums required today. If they ever get a case to the SCOTUS after one or two more Trump appointees, your investment would end up like a "pre-ban" AR15. The 1986 ban is completely unconstitutional. That was known when it was passed.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I wish I had done a little investing back in the early 1980s...

I would be hesitant to invest the large sums required today. If they ever get a case to the SCOTUS after one or two more Trump appointees, your investment would end up like a "pre-ban" AR15. The 1986 ban is completely unconstitutional. That was known when it was passed.
    Most Machine gun owners that I've talked to would be ok with it ... especially the one that have owned them for several decades.
    As for me, I would have wished I'd sold them while the prices were still high but overall, meh ... than I could convert all my semi HK's to full and buy DIAS's for all my AR's that have a low shelf (which is most) I'd be happy! but to be honest, I probably wouldn't shoot them any more than I do now. In fact I've considered selling my FA's and buy a few more Binary triggers and calling it good.
    I'd really like to have a couple more HK Binarys, one for my Scorpion, one for my Bushmaster ACR ... then a few more Echo's for the AR's ... as for my M16, its still rare and would have a slight premium just because it's and M16 and not a conversion, just like what's in the market now ... M16's bring a substantial premium over converted AR15's

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Too bad we don't have a federal law that guarantees the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That would allow us to own new P90s, new MP-5s, new M-4/M-16s . And for AK-nuts, a real deal Avtomat Kalashnikova.