Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So are our bumpstocks as good as gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    How is banning an accessory disarming anyone?

Are you a gun owner?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    I suspect the philosophy of bumpstock owners falls along the line of Molon Labe.

New York's SafeAct has something like 90% non-compliance. New Jersey's mag ban has 100% non-compliance.

Who thinks bumpstock owners will lose them in a "tragic boating accident"?

Actually, it's more like 4%:

Source: https://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-op...on-6754126.php

[NY state police] ...revealed that only 44,000 firearms had been registered. Subtract from that number the firearms owned by police officers and licensed dealers (who have little way to avoid registration), and it's clear the compliance rate for registration among average citizens is less than 4 percent. It's hard to call a law that commands a 96 percent noncompliance rate a success.
    Connecticut gun owners proudly have a similarly large non-compliance rate with their absurd gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    I think the 1934 Miller case is the defining guide - is it suitable for militia purposes? No.

Modern handguns and rifles are, without question. "Choose your battles" and bumpstocks aren't the hill to make a stand on. They are just novelty devices.

Miller WON his original case. He (and we) lost when the verdict was appealed and Miller didn't show up in court.

His appeal was actually lost when the attorney for the government claimed (correctly) that THE PARTICULAR SHOTGUN Miller owned (i.e. HIS SHOTGUN'S SERIAL NUMBER) was never used in Militia service.

I'm amazed that the attorney got away with such a juvenile argument.......

[NY state police] ...revealed that only 44,000 firearms had been registered. Subtract from that number the firearms owned by police officers and licensed dealers (who have little way to avoid registration), and it's clear the compliance rate for registration among average citizens is less than 4 percent. It's hard to call a law that commands a 96 percent noncompliance rate a success.
    Interesting stat. I'm surprised they would admit to it as it shows how it is nearly a total failure.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12