Thread: Anybody else getting a smidge nervous over the stock plunge?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Anybody else getting a smidge nervous over the stock plunge?

Maybe it's just a correction? Maybe some serious foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Maybe it's just a correction? Maybe some serious foreshadowing?
    It's a correction. ALSO one of the major reasons for the stock plunge is those fascist LEFTIST TECH COMPANIES taking a hit. Are you unhappy that leftwing censors like Facebook is taking a hit? Hell, I'll take a little cascade effect on my portfolio to see those fuckers suffer.

Also the MEDIA likes to push headlines like it's the END OF THE WORLD. You gotta think long term. Don't panic and sell off your stocks at rock bottom prices. If your investment companies will be around for a while, then hang on to them. I remember the crashes of 1987, the dot com crash of 1999, and the housing bubble crash of 2008. Unless you're going to liquidate your portfolio into cash for immediate use (don't hang onto cash for long term, the interest rates are just SHIT) then don't worry about it.

I see a part of the problem being that the media has talked up a bad economy enough for it to become a self fulfilling prophecy as they did in 2008.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

No. As long as President Trump just lets it ride out the correction will be over soon and the gains will outweigh the losses. If he tries to step in like FDR, Bush or Obama the correction will take forever to finish meaning it will be a weapon to use against him in the next election.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

And now the market has rallied back 1086. So weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    And now the market has rallied back 1086. So weird.
    That's what it does. Trump for the LONG TERM (if the Democrats don't fuck everything up, which they CAN) is good for the economy and the market. He's pragmatic in that if he does something and it doesn't work, he changes and does something else. On any issue that we disagree with him on, he CAN be made to change course. That's completely different than OBAMA, who will doggedly follow a destructive path because to him, Liberalism is a religion, and like many liberals, they consider apostasy a death penalty crime