Thread: Picked Up One Of My Bucket List Guns Today

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Picked Up One Of My Bucket List Guns Today

A friend calls and says a guy is bringing over a Savage 99 in .308 and wanted to know if I were still interested in one (I mentioned to him about 2 years ago that I was looking for one). I told him, yes, I am still interested and if he comes over with it, to give me a call. About 3 hours later, he calls and says the guy brought him the rifle and it was there if I wanted it. I told him I'd be there within the hour.

The metal is immaculate and there are a few chips in the finish missing on the forearm, but it looks like it's been well taken care of. And, it's topped off with a scope and see-through mounts.

So, for $625, I brought one of my dream guns home.

I've been wanting one for a long time and can't believe it finally happened.

One of my heroes actually preferred this same rifle (I believe he used a different caliber 99, but it was still a 99).

Scroll down the linked page and there are a few of his photos with this rifle. I can't make it out, but it looks like his wife had one, too.

https://www.pinterest.com/huff52mek/...apman-andrews/

When I get the ability to take a decent photo, I'll post a photo of the one I bought.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

"Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Congrats on picking up one of your dreams! Savage 99 is a really nice rifle!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Good for you. A 99 in .308 is on my short list too. Looking forward to the photos.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I have one in 243,it's a great shooter.your really going to like the 99!!