Thread: The Leopard Tanks of the Canadian Army. Dec, 18 Video on www.youtube.com

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down The Leopard Tanks of the Canadian Army. Dec, 18 Video on www.youtube.com

Saw one of the craziest Videos on youtube I have ever seen. Some Waco Canadian Army General in December , Was trying to get Rid of all Tanks in the Canadian Land Forces! The Canadians use the Leopard 2A6 Tank. the second best Tank in the World. luckily for the Canadian Army. Another General overrode him, and Cancelled the Wheeled Vehicle Project, I can never see an Army anywhere in the World, getting rid of their Tanks! unreal! We will never give up our Tanks. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Actually they do, America is one of the few major nations that would rather cut up armor than sell it to us. British can't have guns, but they can have armor, I think it's the same for Canadians. It blows. We can import all kinds of demilled armor but can't buy any American modern armor even in wheeled vehicles. Last time I was in Camp Ripley, they had 4 Bradleys that were going to the scrappers...... PISSSED ME OFF. I would've put a bid in to save them.

I own a M923(reinforced cab and hatch/legs for Light weapon system)
    M923A2
    M35A3
    M1009
    M931A2 with everything except front bumper extension and winch(PTO controls ect which would be M932)
    M936A2 wrecker
    M1038 HMMWV

One of my kids in front of scrap to be

Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 01-02-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

By us, you mean Citizens? By the way, how old were those Bradley's? were they M-2 or M-3? When I was at Ft. Know, in 1985/86. We had the Bradley's for Training, we were in the Training BN. now known, as the 12 cav. The Bradley's we had were from the first Lot, remember this is 85/86, and we had Serial Number 4 as well. They were all Fucked up. and they had just been adopted in 1980 with the M-1 Tank. We also still had the 20mm Gun, they were going to go to the 25mm in the next Batch. To me it was a piece of Garbage. The German Mardur Is still the best of all Fighting A.P.C.s I am amazed to see the M-113 still on Duty. At. Ray Barracks in Germany 1/32nd Armor 3rd Armored Division. We had the M-113-A2, and still had the Dragon and Tow, with the M-903 for the TOW. I think the Dragon was on its way out at that time. I think all of Germany had replaced the M-60-A3 Tanks as well by 1989. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021