Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2019 - How is the weather where you're at? :D

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    The Grain pick up point is on 27th & State St. rail yard in Chicago Hts. IL.
    I used to study Tai Chi west of there on Campbell ave
    You may have already driven past my house
    When 65 gets shut down they sometimes route traffic east over to 1000 w
    Give a honk if you can't stop

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

We had the craziest thunderstorm I have ever seen at about 11 last night, there were lightening flashes a few times a second, I almost thought it was a power line arcing or something for about 10 minutes thunder all around. I have never seen anything like that. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a thousand strikes.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    It has been very wet and in the low 40's, so on the cold side for Atlanta GA area. 2nd wettest year on record was 2018 for GA. Low 40's to mid 50's to near 70 at times in the last 3 weeks. This weekend it will start in the 60's but end at 19 give or take a degree. Kind of all over the place so far, but thankfully, no snow.
    What year was the 2" of snow you got there. I was a service manager for a roofing contractor then and i had the maint/repair contract for home depot in AZ. I had talked to my contact in Atlanta and he said it had taken him 8 hours to get home, it was normally an hour.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The weatherman is saying that Sunday's temps are going to be in the 50's, then drop to the teens during the night with wind chills at -15 Monday.

Looks like Winter is finally getting to the East Coast....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Well, the final tally for last weekend's storm in St. Louis was 11.5" and it didn't make the Top 5.
    The worst one day storm in St. Louis was 1/5/1912, over 100 years ago with 15.1". That winter also took the record for most in the season, Nov. 1911-April 1912 with just over 67" !! The #3 - #5 most one day totals were all prior to 1920 but the #2 was 1/31-2/1/1982.
    I had a 4' drift in my driveway that winter.

Last fall, one of the major TV meteorologists in St. Louis was retiring and made his final 90 day prediction. Dave Murray (used to be on GMA) expected this winter to be a "near normal" to "above normal" snowfall. The average is 17.7" and the last two winters totals were ~3.5" and ~6.5", far less than "normal". This year, we are already at 18.3" with more snow (and ice) forecast for this weekend. The low Saturday night is forecast to be ~9 degrees.

I love my wood-burning fireplace !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Looks like St. Louis is going to get buried again as you will get it before we get it. Predictions for Indy this weekend is 5-8 inches, then temps dropping to single digits on both sides of zero (high and low).

Enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I used to study Tai Chi west of there on Campbell ave
    You may have already driven past my house
    When 65 gets shut down they sometimes route traffic east over to 1000 w
    Give a honk if you can't stop

You know I'll take you up on that, looking at this weekends weather and i'm in Indy Monday morning we might be sharing a twelver . lol

You know I'll take you up on that, looking at this weekends weather and i'm in Indy Monday morning we might be sharing a twelver . lol
    PM sent

PM sent
    I replied and if I get the chance I'll be giving you a call or text if that's okay ?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

You guys drink one for me. Otto is a great host with a nice spread.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

I replied and if I get the chance I'll be giving you a call or text if that's okay ?
    Got it
    Just a note this county is on central time

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    You guys drink one for me. Otto is a great host with a nice spread.
    Thanks man we'll get er done again I hope

I was keeping up with it just fine yesterday
    Then the winds turned from the north howling down lake Michigan
    Having an east west driveway all my previous work was pretty much undone
    Just got it cleared again

Managed to keep a path to the mancave though

My area saw a layer of ice followed by maybe 2 inches of snow. And like the 8 inches of snow predicted for my area, we got the same high winds, as in zero. Wanna build a wall Mr. President? Defund the National Weather Service. All TV and radio stations now have many meteorologists. Neither they nor the NWS can predict the weather to any reasonableness, and when they do get it right, well a broken clock is correct twice a day, right?

St. Louis got lucky this weekend. The snow that had been forecast for Sat. night/Sun. morning held off until Sun. afternoon and was only about 0.5" (officially).

'nut - I hear ya on those weather prognosticators. It has been a frequent joke of mine where I ask "What other business can you be in, make that kind of money, and be wrong 50% of the time?"
    (Other than politics, of course.)
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Just got the drive and walkways shoveled again.
    Did the same yesterday just a couple inches each time still would rather not
    It's supposed to get pretty brutal mid week with below zero temps

Meanwhile this asshat is trying to stay relevant

Al Gore Says Global Warming Is Causing Central American Caravans
    https://stream.org/al-gore-says-glob...ican-caravans/
    Former Vice President Al Gore said the recent Central American migrant caravans seeking asylum in the U.S. were fleeing the ravages of global warming.

I wish Algore would send some global warming our way Otto. They are predicting record low temps this week. Even if they are wrong, it is still !&^@&@%$$ cold!!!!

Unfortunately our state and utilities are on board with this stuff
    Whether by regulations or a younger generation who actually believe it
    We've been fighting wind farms in our county for the last several months
    Trying to at least get adaquate setbacks since they are super turbines used so far only in the ocean
    Causing quite a riff in the community which is typical
    To add to it NIPSCO is shutting their coal plant down in a couple of years
    Our property tax is due to increase by 20 to 30 percent
    Wind farms get tax abatements
    Trying to bring in new bussines to replace it only adds to the problem
    Any substantial employer wants green energy before they'll consider setting up shop
    Having gotten involved I've been getting an education
    Here's a brief discription of some of what's going on like it or not:

https://stopthesethings.com/2018/12/...ar-power-push/
    Renewable energy ‘champion’ South Australia blew up its last coal-fired power plant last year and now suffers the world’s highest power prices, mass load shedding and blackouts.In a case of déjà vu all over again, the Hoosier state, Indiana wants to follow SA’s idiotic example.Those behind it have no hesitation in turning night into day, with claims that an immediate 12% hike in retail power prices actually represents a ‘saving’ to power consumers. Go figure.
    Just like the lunatics in South Australia, the plan involves destroying reliable conventional generators and claiming that baseload power can be delivered, instead, by way of a total reliance on sunshine and breezes. And comes with the even more ridiculous claim that power prices will (eventually) fall.
    Indiana ranks seventh in the nation in coal production and generates 68 percent of its power from coal. Together, affordable coal and natural gas generate 95 percent of Indiana’s electricity. As a result, Indiana electricity prices are substantially lower than the national average. National electricity prices are 10 percent higher than in Indiana.Unfortunately, NIPSCO wants to put an end to these low prices. It is proposing to shut down two perfectly functioning coal power plants that provide much of NIPSCO’s low-cost electricity. In their place, NIPSCO wants to build expensive wind and solar power equipment and battery storage for when the wind isn’t blowing or the Sun isn’t shining.
    NIPSCO is a government-protected monopoly utility, with Indiana state government guaranteeing NIPSCO a profit of approximately 10 percent for every dollar it spends. Accordingly, NIPSCO has a financial self-interest to engage in costly business practices.

Then there's George Sorros buying our coal and selling it overseas
    I better stop now I'm getting upset
    Sorry I didn't set it up as a segue

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Meanwhile this asshat is trying to stay relevant

Al Gore Says Global Warming Is Causing Central American Caravans
    https://stream.org/al-gore-says-glob...ican-caravans/
    Former Vice President Al Gore said the recent Central American migrant caravans seeking asylum in the U.S. were fleeing the ravages of global warming.
    This just proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Gore has no idea of why these people are invading America.

He just blankets everything with the Globull Warmins lie. (If you tell lies long enough, you start to believe your own lies.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Biggest snowfall here this winter.

3 Honda snowcones
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Little snow but lotsa cold. Read that some places like MN are asking folks to turn down tstats to reduce gas usage.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast