Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2019 - How is the weather where you're at? :D

Winter 2019 - How is the weather where you're at? :D

As you well know I'm in Northern California (Napots is in Central California near Sacramento). Hey Napots, you heard that we had TWO tornadoes near the coast? on Jan 6th? Didn't cause any damage, but it's funny to see from time to time.

So any of you guys experiencing any storms? or just weird weather?

Fairly mild winter here so far
    Mid to upper forties yesterday howling winds last night and now lower twenties
    Not much snow at all a few flurries today though
    It's been like that all season
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

yesterday it was nearly 70. today 45. which is about normal for the high. it least it's not raining for a few days.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    For Indiana review, see Full Otto.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

On east coast of MD, it's been averaging in the 40's, with a few days hitting the 60's. Nights have been in upper 30's. This week, we're gradually getting colder with snow showers predicted for Sun. into Mon.

We've had a lot of rain, both this summer, fall, and winter, so far. Fields are still flooded and have been most of the fall.

Being on mostly flat land, there aren't too many places for excess water to go....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Been fairly mild with no snow cover here is SE Wisconsin. Today it got cold, mid teens.
    No complaints, about lack of snow and mild temps.

Tank, its funny you mention tornadoes, every so often I hear of warnings but I've never seen one. I cant recally them touching down, if they have the damage has been very minor, not like in the midwest.

It was windier than shit out here a few days ago, 50 mph gusts. I moved to the sierra foothills last year out of the valley.

Its been in the 30s-40s for the last week or so but last night and today we finally started getting some winter. Broke out the snowblower before and after work.

Far north Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    As you well know I'm in Northern California (Napots is in Central California near Sacramento). Hey Napots, you heard that we had TWO tornadoes near the coast? on Jan 6th? Didn't cause any damage, but it's funny to see from time to time.

So any of you guys experiencing any storms? or just weird weather?

It varies between cold and warm. Way nicer than normal.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Last week we had 4-5 days of freeze warnings with highs in the low 50s, and that's the end of winter for us. Just checked the next 30 days and it's 70s from here on....well at least until march when it starts to hit 100

Hey Uber, miss this place yet

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Tank, its funny you mention tornadoes, every so often I hear of warnings but I've never seen one. I cant recally them touching down, if they have the damage has been very minor, not like in the midwest.

It was windier than shit out here a few days ago, 50 mph gusts. I moved to the sierra foothills last year out of the valley.
    WE get small tornados out here from time to time. Usually about once every few years. I once was driving south on the 880 freeway and had to drive RIGHT UNDERNEATH a funnel cloud that had NOT touched down yet. It was kinda white knuckle for me, but most California drivers don't even know what to do in a tornado anyways. hahahaha. They're usually pretty small and short lived. I've seen about five funnel clouds in the last 15 years myself, again they're small and most of the time they don't touch down.

A small tornado did do some damage at some homes about 8 miles from my house back in 2005. Weird.

The St. Louis area has had a LITTLE snow already with some cold (single digit lows), but not much. That may be about to change. The forecasters are waiting to see what the storm coming in from SoCal that will start late Friday and run for 24-36 hours will bring. Earlier today, they were calling for 6-10" with St. Louis in the bullseye. The graphics indicate that the storm will stretch from Springfield, IL on the north to Cape Giradeau, MO on the south. Low this morning was 20 and I started my fireplace burning. Highs Fri - Sun. in low to mid-30s but lows in the low to mid-20s so what melts during the day will refreeze at night. MoDoT and IDoT have already issued travel advisories, esp. for Sat. & Sun. morning.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Late weather reports are saying that winter finally arrives Saturday morning with the prediction of snow in the Indy area of 5 or so inches.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post

Hey Uber, miss this place yet

There are some great things about Az that's for sure, but Ive dreamt of living and owning property in Northern Idaho all my life.
    Im so blessed to be here, and I cant say enough for the gun culture.
    Guns and Idaho are hand in hand brother!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

We have had snow on the ground here in central NH since early Nov! It's been up and down in the temps so hopefully it starts to warm up a bit.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Snow hasn't gotten here yet but I can read the sky and it isn't far off. They have now upped the potential total to up to 7 inches or more.

The news reports haven't listed an "official" number for St. Louis yet but I have 6" on my patio as of 9 p.m. CT.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Winter has finally arrived. In the last hour we have gotten more snow than in the previous 3 months combined!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

We had a tornado in the little town of Port Orchard a few weeks ago. We get about 2 a year and rarely do they cause damage, but this one did. Currently I am traveling and am in Omaha where it is snowing pretty good. Going back to Seattle where it has been raining more than normal (I think), but it has been pretty mild. Only down to freezing a couple of times.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

As of about 6:30 a.m., KMOX radio in St. Louis was reporting 9.3" at the St. Louis airport and 8.3" in the town in Illinois nearest to me. They were ALSO forecasting another 3-5" during the day today.

This is my patio table, one of those open-weave metal mesh types. I ain't even gonna TRY to get out today or tomorrow !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast