Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winter 2019 - How is the weather where you're at? :D

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Winter here is Noah's Arc grade so far. Today was a treat, 100% sunny skies and a high of 64. But rain coming back in one more day and will be here until Sunday. Highs during the rain in the 40's.

Well, that old line about "March coming in like a lion" is proving true for St. Louis - AGAIN.
    Forecast for this weekend is SNOW starting Sat. night with 2-3" possible by Sun. morning with ANOTHER 2-3" during the day. Hi temp Sunday forecast to be 23, almost 30 degrees BELOW normal. Then it gets bad with lows Sunday night through Tuesday night of 5, 8, & 12 degrees. Highs on Monday and Tuesday also forecast to be low 20s, again about 30 below normal.

Uhh, what's that you say about "global warming"??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Predictions in Indy similar to St. Louis, high temps this weekend lower than the normal low with depending on who you listen to, anywhere from 2 to 6 inches of snow, followed by sub-zero temps Monday morning.

Can't wait until the summer, and shutting up those complaining about the heat. Something about not being able to lay out on the porch, beer in hand and radio blasting, in the winter wonderland!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post

Uhh, what's that you say about "global warming"??
    Shhhhhhh! Global warming will kill us in 12 years!!! AOC told us so!!!!

I'm still waiting for someone to tell Al Gore to shut the hell up..... >

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

It's a BLIZZARD today!

School & work cancelled. Roads closed, DIA pretty much closed - no flights.

The ups on my pc keeps clicking as the power fluctuates.

Good times.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

70 here right now and sunny, suppose the colo weather will be here in a few days.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

And the roller coaster continues, low twenties the other day to 70 today with a cold front coming through. Unlike the blizzards to the west of us, they are predicting possible tornado conditions, high winds and the standard doom and gloom. Will find out later today, stay tuned to weather in the upper tornado alley.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    It's a BLIZZARD today!
    School & work cancelled. Roads closed, DIA pretty much closed - no flights.
    The ups on my pc keeps clicking as the power fluctuates.
    Good times.
    I saw that on the news !! About 4 FEET of new snow in some of the upper elevations, a 100 car pile-up north of Wellington (?) that had the interstate closed, etc. That's going to hit here today with winds gusting over 60 mph. They expect there to power outages due to downed tree limbs.

Stay warm !
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

School still closed today. My wife's work had a noon-start because of power outage.

It's beautiful now. Sunny & 36 deg.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Driving thru town noticed a full sized trampoline making its way downtown, last seen on the fire station lawn. A lady told me their car port wanted to become their roof so it tried to climb onto the house.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Well so far the cry of wolf has proven like the story, we had a smattering of rain, a few light wind gusts and that is about it. Fortunately the high winds predicted seem to be a few thousand feet up as the clouds are screaming by. The sun is shining and the temp is currently near 70. Fine by me as long as nothing gets stirred up between now and sun-down.

Can't believe the blizzards to the west and northwest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Well so far the cry of wolf has proven like the story, we had a smattering of rain, a few light wind gusts and that is about it. Fortunately the high winds predicted seem to be a few thousand feet up as the clouds are screaming by. The sun is shining and the temp is currently near 70. Fine by me as long as nothing gets stirred up between now and sun-down.

Can't believe the blizzards to the west and northwest!!!
    It'll be here in a few days, and like you said, the strong winds are a few k feet up, may they stay up there too.

The winds that were high up just landed. Wonderful trash day! Now all those large portable trash containers are blowing around like fallen leaves. My old wooden fence is also shaking back and forth. I will be amazed if it stays up. Always nice hearing the house creaking!

And still it could be worse.

St. Louis got lucky !
    The low went north through Iowa and northern Illinois and, other than some heavy rain Wednesday night, all we had on Thursday was a LOT of wind. Gusts were 50-60 mph, depending on location. Today (Fri.) started out very cloudy but the sun came out in the early afternoon. Temp. only got to the low-mid 40s though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345