Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2019 - How is the weather where you're at? :D

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Fucking crazy here. Current temp is 6 below, next week its supposed to get into the 50's next week.

Winter has been pretty mild until the past couple weeks, then it bit us in the ass.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

-31 tonight, going to be +30-40 this weekend. Work shutdown past two nights, to prevent fuel gelling up on our trucks. Even Mindot pulled it's plow trucks off the road because of gelling problems.

Krupski - the St. Louis area didn't have quite that much snow (officially, 11.5") two weeks ago. But, we set a new record low HI temp of 8 degrees Wednesday (old record for the date was 10) with a -6 low the night before (WC was -25 to -30).
    My wood-burning fireplace ran non-stop from Monday afternoon until I let it die during the night last night. I had to so I could clean it out. And the weekend is supposed to be in the mid-50s on Saturday and mid-60s on Sunday, then back to 20s for highs by Thursday.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Krupski - the St. Louis area didn't have quite that much snow (officially, 11.5") two weeks ago. But, we set a new record low HI temp of 8 degrees Wednesday (old record for the date was 10) with a -6 low the night before (WC was -25 to -30).
    My wood-burning fireplace ran non-stop from Monday afternoon until I let it die during the night last night. I had to so I could clean it out. And the weekend is supposed to be in the mid-50s on Saturday and mid-60s on Sunday, then back to 20s for highs by Thursday.
    Ain't globull warming grand?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Locally they are celebrating the expiration of the wind chill warning as the temp slowly climbs. This is followed by a winter storm advisory predicting up to four inches of new snow!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Locally they are celebrating the expiration of the wind chill warning as the temp slowly climbs. This is followed by a winter storm advisory predicting up to four inches of new snow!
    It just started falling here
    Light breeze out of the east and still cold
    Took the car out finally today for a short ride
    It was stuck to the floor a little
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

At least you can tell when you have visitors with all this snow
    I wonder if he got him

He was working hard enough for it

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Just checked 33 F outside temp, calling for rain this evening.

Well it's SNOWING in the San Francisco Bay Area. Yikes. I just wish Nancy Pelosi would get snowed in, but she's in Washington DC, mucking everything up for the rest of the country.

Photo of the San Jose Hills

Last week we got a ton of snow, tonight and through Thursday it looks like up to three inches of rain. With the ground frozen, I think I will build a small Ark and prepare to set sail. At least it is warm enough this isn't snow!

It was 70 here today, but going down to 53 tomorrow and going into the upper 60's Thu and Fri.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    It was 70 here today, but going down to 53 tomorrow and going into the upper 60's Thu and Fri.
    Jeezuz. How in the heck is Wyoming that warm????

Raining like mad for last day or so and will continue, bitch part is will be mowing by end of month.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Well, we just broke all of the snow records for northern AZ. Flagstaff has 40 inches so far with more coming this afternoon, needless to say all of the roads in and out are closed. The snow levels have dropped down to 2000 ft, 20 miles north of me there is 8 inches of snow in the desert, we're heading up to get some photos of the snow on the Saguaro cactus ( our state tree )

Lord I love Indiana in the winter/spring. Heavy rain, snow and wind gusting over 60 miles per hour, with the sounds of chainsaws in the background.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Lord I love Indiana in the winter/spring. Heavy rain, snow and wind gusting over 60 miles per hour, with the sounds of chainsaws in the background.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Well, we just broke all of the snow records for northern AZ. Flagstaff has 40 inches so far with more coming this afternoon, needless to say all of the roads in and out are closed. The snow levels have dropped down to 2000 ft, 20 miles north of me there is 8 inches of snow in the desert, we're heading up to get some photos of the snow on the Saguaro cactus ( our state tree )
    Globull warming. Same here in MN, I barely have room to plow all the snow if it comes in March.

Like 'nut, St. Louis had wind gusts Sat. night/Sun. morning that peaked at 66 mph. The "roar" woke me up about 12:30 a.m. Sunday as it sounded like a train going by my window. FORTUNATELY, no trees or branches came down in this area but over 10K people in St. Louis lost power due to downed lines, many from tree branches falling on them.
    Thursday's forecast is for rain, freezing rain, ice, and maybe a little snow.
    Great way for February to end, isn't it?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Like 'nut, St. Louis had wind gusts Sat. night/Sun. morning that peaked at 66 mph. The "roar" woke me up about 12:30 a.m. Sunday as it sounded like a train going by my window. FORTUNATELY, no trees or branches came down in this area but over 10K people in St. Louis lost power due to downed lines, many from tree branches falling on them.
    Thursday's forecast is for rain, freezing rain, ice, and maybe a little snow.
    Great way for February to end, isn't it?
    Got the same thing here, today. High sustained winds, gusting to 55-60 mph. Now, the winds are dying down and the temps are going back down into the 20's and 30's.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast