Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Government Shuts Down, Nation Decends into Riots, Looting, Cannibalism

  1. #1
    Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the East Texas woods
    Posts
    6,104

    Government Shuts Down, Nation Decends into Riots, Looting, Cannibalism

    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    13,458
    Apparently there's a lot of fedz who are simply not needed in the actual day to day operation of the fedgov. This could turn into substantial savings in payroll and pensions.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    10,873
    National Lampoon, of old, would be proud of Daniel.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  4. #4
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,055
    What a HOOT !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  5. #5
    Senior Member jet3534's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West VA
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Apparently there's a lot of fedz who are simply not needed in the actual day to day operation of the fedgov. This could turn into substantial savings in payroll and pensions.
    It is a mistake to think that because certain government employees can be done away with on a temporary basis they can be done away on a permanent basis.

    Let me give you a single example. For the short term an agency contracting office is non-essential. In the long term an agency cannot operate without a contracting office. Same goes for human resources and similar overhead functions.

  6. #6
    Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    3,717
    Love it !, this is what the leftists want the useful idiots to believe.....keep em scared and cowering in their safe spaces, sad part is all of the republicrats are getting sucked in as well and it's pure bullshit

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    13,458
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    It is a mistake to think that because certain government employees can be done away with on a temporary basis they can be done away on a permanent basis.

    Let me give you a single example. For the short term an agency contracting office is non-essential. In the long term an agency cannot operate without a contracting office. Same goes for human resources and similar overhead functions.
    Care. The vast majority of the fedgov could be done away with, it has three constitutionally mandated jobs, secure the borders, regulate commerce between states and foreigners, and regulate the currency.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8
    Senior Member jet3534's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West VA
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Care. The vast majority of the fedgov could be done away with, it has three constitutionally mandated jobs, secure the borders, regulate commerce between states and foreigners, and regulate the currency.
    Do we really want to do away with the Dept. of Agriculture meat inspection program?

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    13,458
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Do we really want to do away with the Dept. of Agriculture meat inspection program?
    There's something in the US Constitution about the rest of the powers belonging to the states and the people. Also, how did we get along without all these fed agencies?
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •