Thread: Ruger PC Carbine

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Ruger PC Carbine

Has anyone obtained a Ruger PC Carbine yet?

I'm thinking about getting one, but since I already have a Kel-Tek SUB-2000, and 1 or 2 more 9 mm carbines, I'm wondering if I really should add this one to the herd.

I like the looks of it and I like how it will accept Glock mags and breaks into two parts for transport, but the Kel-Tek folds in half and is quicker to bring into action from the folded position.

Anyone shot one? If it's a Ruger, it should be pretty accurate.

Like I said, I'm wondering if I can justify getting it....?

"Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I don't have one, nor have I shot one. But when these came out, I was really interested. I've talked myself out of it... For now...

But, if I was looking for a good home defense setup, I think this (especially with a good red dot sight) would sure fit the bill...

Probably a really fun plinker as well...

Dang it! Now you got me thinking about them again...

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

It’s on my short list but haven’t bought one yet. Based on the ones I’ve handled I like it better than the KelTec and the Beretta Storm. As far as 9x19 pistol caliber carbines go the CZ EVO Scorpion would be my other choice but it’s more expensive and doesn’t take Glock mags.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I have had one for 6 months,very well made,accurate, a little heavy,not bad,I use the glock mag adaptor. I hear they are going to have other mag adaptors in time,like Beretta 92 ect.even caliber conversions.i really like mine and would buy another no problem.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I looked at one and bought the SUB-2000. Faster into firing mode was the deciding reason.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Finally decided I needed to get one of these carbines and just saw this new version.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine...ets/19117.html

I really like the way it looks over the original but don’t know if I want to go ahead and get the original or wait til the new one hits my LGS?

Looks like it’s priced about $60 more than the standard version.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 06-10-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell