Thread: In case you wanted another reason to prep

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

In case you wanted another reason to prep

Sadly, this is old news. The Chinese and Russians have sold this technology to Iran and NK, I suppose the deal goes like you guys emp America, and after you take the blame, we will nuke and invade. Amd yes we do have the same party poppers, some of them are small enough to attack via cruise missiles individual buildings and nerf their electronics.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Actually my biggest fear is EMP, either natural or by China and Russia joining together to strike us. I've believed China and Russia are going to double team us for many years and we financed our own destruction with China. Can you imagine our electric grid going down? By my reasoning within 2 months 3/4 of our population would be dead. We simply don't have the basic skills our grandparents and great parents had for simple survival, we're totally dependent as a society on the water running from the tap and food being within 5 miles at the grocery store, not to mention the heat coming on in the winter. Think about it. Without electricity stores are emptied out in 3 days. No gasoline, no more propane deliveries, no more diesel, no heating oil deliveries. The people in the cities are totally fucked, most of them don't even store more than a weeks worth of food. When the water isn't getting pumped, that's not going to last long either. I try to prep, long term food, ammo weapons, some fuel for a generator, live near a wildlife refuge, have deer and other animals coming into our yard(wife feeds them), but I don't have the basic skill of gutting an animal. Thankfully I have non electronic books which will teach me quickly. People in the rural areas will survive better but the major population centers will riot and turn into total chaos and destruction.

1 Pat - about a year to 18 months back, there was an article about a medical study that showed how human brain capacity is shrinking. The basis of the study is that humans, esp. the higher tech groups, have "off-loaded" so much of their mental capacity to their electronic devices that we no longer need as much memory capacity, so our brains are shrinking.
    How many phone numbers do you carry in your head? Do we need to remember where waterholes are found? What about good hunting spots? Fruits and nuts to gather and when?

Use it or lose it.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 01-28-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    1 Pat - about a year to 18 months back, there was an article about a medical study that showed ho=w human brain capacity is shrinking. The basis of the study is that humans, esp. the higher tech groups, have "off-loaded" so much of their mental capacity to their electronic devices that we no longer need as much memory capacity, so our brains are shrinking.
    How many phone numbers do you carry in your head? Do we need to remember where waterholes are found? What about good hunting spots? Fruits and nuts to gather and when?

Use it or lose it.
    That's interesting and makes a lot of sense.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Most kids, today, have no idea how to look up a word in the dictionary. You hand them a dictionary and they look at you like you're crazy...

Nor, can they tell time on an analog clock.

Nor, make correct change without a cash register telling them how much you should get back.

It's what a liberal-backed education system turns out.

Sad.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Sooner or later it will happen. Our own grid is so old and trying to get spare parts for it is becoming a issue.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!