Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gov Shut Down Is Over

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Gov Shut Down Is Over

For now. They have 3 weeks to figure it out on the security issue dealing with the boarder. We will see.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...om-rose-garden

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-temporarily/
    Last edited by recon; 01-25-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Hopefully it is party of a strategy to damage pelosi

All I can say is face the facts. The New York liberal Trump has sold out his base. He couldn't even keep the Government shut down long enough for the EBT cards to run dry. Pathetic. Next to come is a 2nd Amendment sell out.

Trump I am sad to say is explained by three words, i.e. New York Values. He really doesn't have a clue what he is doing with the exception of knowing how to run for office by making sensational claims about things he never intended to do. I think Kushner is the brains behind the operation.

This is a sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Hopefully it is party of a strategy to damage pelosi
    That senile hag has totally outmaneuvered Trump and his brain trust.

If she has one more face lift I think she will have a Van Dyke Beard.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Hopefully he will do what he said in his statement today.

"Trump ended his White House Rose Garden remarks by noting that if the Congress does not reach a deal by Feb. 15, the government will shut down again or he will use the executive authority for a declaration of a national emergency to build the wall.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-temporarily/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

In otherwise good news, the catch and release of alien criminals is over starting Monday; all captured criminal aliens will be returned to Mexico.

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    OK Nancy, you said that if I restart the government you would sit down and discuss the wall, now SIT!!!

The Orange Man is a liar.

Jan. 24 (UPI) -- President Donald Trump said he'd only support a continuing resolution to fund the government for three weeks if he receives a "large down payment" to pay for a border wall Thursday after the Senate failed to pass either of two bills to reopen the government.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    The Orange Man is a liar.

Jan. 24 (UPI) -- President Donald Trump said he'd only support a continuing resolution to fund the government for three weeks if he receives a "large down payment" to pay for a border wall Thursday after the Senate failed to pass either of two bills to reopen the government.
    Easy their dude. He is not a liar. When you have almost the entire media against you spinning the news to be in the Democrats favor......you have to think of a bigger strategy to get the border wall money. He is exhausting ALL of his options besides a State of Emergency. He needed to reopen the government to comply with what the Democrats demand to show the American people that he is willing to work with Democrats when they won't work with him. He will use the last several months as evidence that the Democrats are/were not willing to compromise during a State of the Union and declare a State of Emergency to build the wall. He is building a case against the Democrats, the media and Democrat supporters. He will ROAST Pelosi and Schumer with factual information that will make them look like the sadistic people they are. So lay off the name calling until the game is over. They may have won this battle.......but Trumps will when the war.

THEY haven't won anything, he is just pulling back the spring..... "SNAP!" 2 rats caught in their own lies for all to see, even the stupid liberal snowflakes.

BISHOP

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I’ll admit Trump is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t but if he couldn’t get the wall built when Republicans held the majority in both houses of Congress how’s it going to happen now? The President can only do so much. Too many members of Congress are more worried about getting re-elected than they are doing the right thing for the country.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

In his situation I see wisdom in making your opponent look like the unreasonable one, offer concessions that you know they will refuse. I don't think he has a lot to loose at this point, if he caves and no wall and fails at this then he knows he probably can't re re-elected in 2020. Also by temporarily re-opening the government the government employees can get back pay for the time during the shutdown, that helps keep the public on his side.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    In his situation I see wisdom in making your opponent look like the unreasonable one, offer concessions that you know they will refuse. I don't think he has a lot to loose at this point, if he caves and no wall and fails at this then he knows he probably can't re re-elected in 2020. Also by temporarily re-opening the government the government employees can get back pay for the time during the shutdown, that helps keep the public on his side.

I would agree. Sooner or later folks will have to realize who’s being unreasonable and it’s not Trump.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I’ll admit Trump is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t but if he couldn’t get the wall built when Republicans held the majority in both houses of Congress how’s it going to happen now? The President can only do so much. Too many members of Congress are more worried about getting re-elected than they are doing the right thing for the country.
    That's the point I've been trying to get across to Jet for a while. Trump is working against the entire crap congress and senate and most of the so called R's. 3/4 of them RINOS. Wanna blame someone blame the R's, they had all branches of gov't in control and did nothing. Trumps the president and not an all powerful dictator.

I'm not rushing to judgment on this as of right now. I believe Trump is simply trying to exhaust every other option before declaring a national emergency to get the wall built.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm not rushing to judgment on this as of right now. I believe Trump is simply trying to exhaust every other option before declaring a national emergency to get the wall built.
    he can also be sneaky and use the border control to create more of a crisis at the border to justify it.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

One man can only do so much. There are so many forces against him. I feel like WE let him down. The problem, of course, is that we have jobs and would like not to be arrested. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    In otherwise good news, the catch and release of alien criminals is over starting Monday; all captured criminal aliens will be returned to Mexico.

I just read on Breitbart that 30K will received expedited entry as the Orange Man swings into action.
    Last edited by jet3534; 01-25-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    One man can only do so much. There are so many forces against him. I feel like WE let him down. The problem, of course, is that we have jobs and would like not to be arrested. Sigh.
    He let us down. He lied. Said he would not sign a 3 week CR without a wall down payment and then signed a CR without wall funding. Did someone make Trump sign the CR or was it Trump's decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Easy their dude. He is not a liar....
    Sorry. He lied or maybe we have a different definition of what a liar is. He said yesterday he would not sign a 3 week CR that did not include wall funding. Then today he signed a CR without wall funding. It seems clear to me he is a liar.

Trump said Thursday he would only sign a CR that included a “down payment” on border wall funding...

https://keprtv.com/news/nation-world...er-wall-battle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast