Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Aurora, IL

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Post Shooting in Aurora, IL

Some factory employee shot up the workplace. Four cops wounded. No word on other wounded or deceased. Witnesses said he had a laser on his gun. Suppose Dems will want to ban those now.

Reports are that the shooter is no longer a threat. Sounds like code for DOA. FNC just reported the coroner just arrived. That could be for the shooter and or others.

Something odd is reports that the guy clocked in like normal but didn’t start shooting anyone until later in the day. Wonder if he was waiting until a certain person showed up before cutting loose. IIRC these guys tend to come in the door bustin caps.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 02-15-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Although it is changing by the minute, reports now perp in custody, one dead one other injured along with the 4 police who according to latest have non-life threatening injuries.

Funny, I was about to post last night that it has been a while since a "mass shooting incident".

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Q !!mG7VJxZNCI ID: c8dea2 No.5185527
    Feb 15 2019 05:11:04 (EST)
    Be alert next 10 days.
    FF attempts may be carried out in attempt to change narrative (neg optics).
    High possibility of ‘multiple day’ coverage event forcing pause on news.
    See something > Say something.
    Q
    Seems too convenient. Message posted at 4:11 am central today. Shooting reported at 1:45 pm central.

I wonder if there was "chatter" being monitored.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

"Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Democrats need mass shootings now that queen nancy has talked about gun bans via emergency directive.

Hate to tell the old lady buy firearms are protected by the constitution, the same group of laws that demand the feds maintain safe borders. That make's Trump's emergency declaration constitutionally mandated.

Yo he bustin caps wit his gat yo.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

News conference right now. Five dead, not including the shooter. No mention of any wounded outside of the police officers. They gave the shooters name, Gary Martin. No mention of the shooters race. I’m betting he’s white. No mention yet of the type of weapons used though I heard earlier that he had a handgun and a rifle.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Amazing how the story changed from shooter in custody to shooter dead.

Wait until they try (not) to explain how he was a convicted felon from Georgia? BUT still managed to get an Illinois Firearms ID card.

AND....
    How a couple of years ago he tried to get an Illinois CCW permit and was turned down because the background check showed him as a felon.

AND....
    How knowing he was a convicted felon who had illegally obtained a Firearms ID card they didn't order him to turn it in.

AND....
    Since he had a Firearms ID card and had applied to carry it CCW, they KNEW he had a gun which they didn't attempt to seize.

For an added bonus to rain on the anti-gunners parade that was forming up, he was not a white MAGA hat wearing racist.
    Oops, anti-gun paradeis interruptius.

This used to be called "going postal" but these days they are just another "mass shooting".

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    News conference right now. Five dead, not including the shooter. No mention of any wounded outside of the police officers. They gave the shooters name, Gary Martin. No mention of the shooters race. I’m betting he’s white. No mention yet of the type of weapons used though I heard earlier that he had a handgun and a rifle.
    Nope....

Smith And Wesson .40 cal handgun is all they're saying about the gun.

This will quickly be swept under the rug and forgotten by the media and the libs for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by weevil; 02-16-2019 at 10:31 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

I guess he'll be trading that sweatshirt for one saying, "Illinois State Prison."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I guess he'll be trading that sweatshirt for one saying, "Illinois State Prison."
    I don't think he will need a sweatshirt, though it is cold in the morgue.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Some factory employee shot up the workplace. Four cops wounded. No word on other wounded or deceased. Witnesses said he had a laser on his gun. Suppose Dems will want to ban those now.

Reports are that the shooter is no longer a threat. Sounds like code for DOA. FNC just reported the coroner just arrived. That could be for the shooter and or others.

Something odd is reports that the guy clocked in like normal but didn’t start shooting anyone until later in the day. Wonder if he was waiting until a certain person showed up before cutting loose. IIRC these guys tend to come in the door bustin caps.

Obviously, we need more gun laws.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Nope....

Smith And Wesson .40 cal handgun is all they're saying about the gun.

This will quickly be swept under the rug and forgotten by the media and the libs for obvious reasons.
    Yep, I was wrong. I’ll admit to some profiling I guess. Gary Martin sounded pretty white to me.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Generally speaking in Cook County if your FOID card is revoked and you have firearms, expect the ISP swat team sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Generally speaking in Cook County if your FOID card is revoked and you have firearms, expect the ISP swat team sooner than later.
    I guess he figured he'd better act sooner than later to avoid that.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Obviously, we need more gun laws.
    That will be the rally cry
    This is pretty close to what I heard last night:
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/il...ing/index.html
    • On March 16, 2014, he applied for a concealed-carry permit. During a background check process for this permit, his fingerprints flagged him for the 1995 conviction in Mississippi.
    • After his felony conviction was discovered, his application for the concealed-carry permit was rejected and Illinois State Police revoked his FOID card.
    State police sent him a letter telling him to voluntarily relinquish the weapon to police, Ziman said.
    She said she doesn't know why Martin ended up keeping the gun and whether law enforcement followed up with him.
    The part left out in the story compared to the TV news was how they don't have the man power to go get the gun and rely on the perp to turn it in
    I doubt we hear much more about that
    So again why not enforce the laws in place will fall on deaf ears
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    His FOID card was revoked in 2014 after he applied for a concealed carry permit and the 1995 MS violent crime came up.

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    His FOID card was revoked in 2014 after he applied for a concealed carry permit and the 1995 MS violent crime came up.
    I understand this, little surprised the state didn't act within a couple of days after revocation of his FOID.

Maybe they only do that to white people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast