Thread: It is now legal to Defecate and Urinate on Denver sidewalks

It is now legal to Defecate and Urinate on Denver sidewalks

https://joeforamerica.com/2017/12/no...cqH1z5JcCuQsdQ

Denver, Colorado has decriminalized public defecation in order to make life easier for immigrants and the homeless. This has also happened in Los Angeles with predictable an disastrous results.

No Board of Health? That’s how diseases spread. Now every time I think of Denver I will see visions of poop and other body fluids on the sidewalk. People are required to dispose of dog poop and Denver is letting humans defecate any where they please.

The Denver City Council had an unanimous vote to decriminalize the offense of people committing certain low-level crimes like lying in a public right-of-way, urinating in public and panhandling. After decriminalizing defecating on sidewalks, the Chamber of Commerce will probably rename Denver as the “Mile High Pile City.”

What’s disturbing as well is that they also decriminalized camping out on private land. So now you can go out to get your morning paper, but it’s not there, because the person camping on your front lawn is reading it while defecating on the sidewalk in front of your house.

City leaders and immigrant rights advocates argued the changes will protect Denver’s immigrant community from facing unintended consequences.

“Many times it becomes a deportable offense if you’ve been convicted of even a minor ordinance violation that’s punishable by a year in jail,” Mark Silverstein said, legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado.

Before the vote, all violations of the Denver municipal code were punishable by up to a year in jail and/or a fine of up to $999. The new ordinance creates a brand new sentencing category that carries out different penalties. Most municipal offenses will carry a maximum of 300 days in jail and up to a $999 fine. The new ordinance creates “Class 1” and “Class 2” offenses.

Class 2 offenses, which carry a maximum 60-day jail sentence and no fine.

Sitting or lying in the public right-of-way
    Unauthorized camping on public or private property prohibited
    Urinating or defecating in public
    Panhandling
    Curfews and closures
    Storage and loading
    Prohibitions
    Solicitation on or near street or highway
    The “class 2” offenses as so-called “quality of life” offenses that often impact the homeless community.

That’s the latest from the progressive city that seeks to ensure it “will not sacrifice” its “values or bend to a broken immigration system.”

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock (D) and some of the city officials explained that the new ordinances are designed to protect immigrants, legal and illegal, from “unintended consequences.”

These consequences were fines and longer jail terms, as has been customary in most places for violating the behavioral norms of civilized American society.

Mark Silverstein, legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado, explains the real reason behind the changes: “Many times it becomes a deportable offense if you’ve been convicted of even a minor ordinance violation that’s punishable by a year in jail.”

Denver is considering declaring itself a sanctuary city in defiance of President Trump’s policies on illegal immigrants. But by redefining lawbreaking and its possible penalties, these new Denver laws accomplish much of the same without risking loss of federal funds.

“Usually the defendants are very poverty stricken, maybe even homeless,” Mark Silverstein said.

When Colorado decriminalized marijuana, that was one thing. Whether or not I agree with that decision, I understand the reasoning behind it. But this?

“Last night, City Council voted to approve major sentencing reform and joined my Administration in sending a clear message that we will not sacrifice our values or bend to a broken immigration system.” Denver Mayor Michael Hancock

I am sorry, but even a poverty stricken person is free to use a public restroom. In fact, many private businesses will even allow it. How many times have you gone to a Starbucks and seen a homeless person occupy one of the sofas? I can count at least ten times that I’ve witnessed it, right off the top of my head.

If a person does not have the cognition to use a public facility, then he or she is likely under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or is mentally ill, and therefore should not be on the streets to begin with.

Denver used to be a great clean city. Now that the liberals have a stranglehold on it, and it will literally go into the crapper. Pun intended.

Yes, again…INSANITY!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

If they knew how this practice pollutes streams, they would make it illegal again.

Only if the EPA stays out of it

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Democrats want all US cities to resemble Mogadishu.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

yes, we can become a shithole country, too.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    yes, we can become a shithole country, too.
    One city at a time..... NYC should be next to jump on this bandwagon.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It's the San Fran of the midwest.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

About every couple years, we take a trip to southwestern Colorado- Ouray, Telluride, Gunnison etc..I sure love that area. I hope it doesn't get ruined as wellm