Thread: 2 of Maryland's 2019 Gun Bills Up For Consideration

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

2 of Maryland's 2019 Gun Bills Up For Consideration

It looks like MD is being set up to lead the rest of the US in its new draconian anti-gun laws.

Here's two of those up for consideration right now.

I'm sure ourr RINO Governor will be only too glad to add his signature to these if they make it to his desk.

I'd like to know how they're going to seize all those AR-15's that were purchased after 2013....

https://www.j2defense.com/maryland-2...ls-introduced/
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Agree, I wonder how those moron politicians think they are going to confiscate the after 2013 rifles? Do they really think people are going to turn them in? And if the penalty for not turning them in is becoming a felon, how many people who are no problem now will become the evening news if confiscation is mandated by use of force?

Lexington and Concord come to mind.

Just talked to a dealer friend of mine and he said that other bills introduced into the legislature go even further. One was that all long guns that can fire the same ammo as an AR-15 (.223, 5.56, .22LR, .9mm., 7.62x39mm., .308, etc.) would be banned, also.

Another one targets any long gun with a pistol grip.

The libtards are in full retard mode here.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

A lot of Nazi Germany scenarios starting to pop in a lot states lately! Our future I guess!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    A lot of Nazi Germany scenarios starting to pop in a lot states lately! Our future I guess!
    After a few million were murdered by the Nazis, and we and the British drove them out (dead or alive), Germany today is a lot friendlier. Granted not a free as the USA, but they don't have a constitution limiting their government. <--- please note the dripping of sarcasm

Also remember how many of the Nazi government weren't converting oxygen to CO2 after the war was over. I keep praying that saner minds will prevail, but each day the left looks more like what my father and his generation shed blood to put an end to.

Yep history seems to repeating itself again. Only this time I fear it will be worse.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Two of our local Sheriff's are ramping up the heat on these bills.

This short video says it all.

http://www.wboc.com/clip/14770555/wi...ks-to-his-guns

Freedom isn't free.

Need more of that across this country!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

The gun bills failed this time around. But, Communist Dimocrats promised to put them on the agenda again next year.

http://www.wboc.com/story/40278492/2...ss-in-maryland

Thank goodness the legislative session is over for this year. Nothing good seldom comes when the legislature is in session.

Freedom isn't free.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Whats with the magical date of October 1, 2013? "House Bill 612, sponsored by Delegate Julian Ivey, would place popular Colt AR-15 H-BAR rifles on the list of “Regulated Firearms” in Maryland. However, only those rifles owned before October 1, 2013 would be grandfathered into law. Those who purchased or took possession of all other H-BAR rifles after that date would need to remove these firearms from their possession. Scheduled to be heard in the House Judiciary Committee on January 25th."

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Whats with the magical date of October 1, 2013? "House Bill 612, sponsored by Delegate Julian Ivey, would place popular Colt AR-15 H-BAR rifles on the list of “Regulated Firearms” in Maryland. However, only those rifles owned before October 1, 2013 would be grandfathered into law. Those who purchased or took possession of all other H-BAR rifles after that date would need to remove these firearms from their possession. Scheduled to be heard in the House Judiciary Committee on January 25th."
    No idea about why that date. However, they did pass some kind of law about certain hi-cap rifles in 2013. Only those bought before that date are legal to own without paperwork; after that date, they're treated to the same laws handguns are "regulated" under.

All I know for sure is that it's a real bitch to go through all the BS one has to do before you can legally buy a handgun in MD. All sorts of hoops have to be jumped through, all kinds of paperwork has to be completed, classes have to be taken and passed, and the cost of all that isn't cheap.

Freedom isn't free.