Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still find pre '65 coins in circulation?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Agreed, only me and my neighbor seem to have cars with rust, chipped paint, etc, everyone else is in debt over their eyebrows it seems.
    Same deal with us from 2001 new Dodge 2500 to plow our driveway. Up until last year. Wife had a bug up her ass to buy a new F150 supercrew for some ungodly reason. She bought it by herself, I wasn't real happy about it but it will be paid off by next year. I drive beater after beater. Just can't see a new vehicle especially when a new car cost a quarter what we paid for our house and trucks are half as much as our house, more if you buy one with decent options, It's insane. My wife watches a lot of house shows and it's totally insane in liberal dens and Canada. Where do the people have the money to buy these million dollar houses and why TF would you pay over a million dollars for a row house/townhouse? Does everybody make 250K a year? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    The wife drives a 2012 and I drive a 2005.
    98 contour currently, 95 mystique previously, still have a 2001 Supercrew and 2000 ram 2500 for the driveway, don't get me started on Dodges quality. Total POS, has about 50K miles on it, endless problems that warranties didn't cover of course.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    98 contour currently, 95 mystique previously, still have a 2001 Supercrew and 2000 ram 2500 for the driveway, don't get me started on Dodges quality. Total POS, has about 50K miles on it, endless problems that warranties didn't cover of course.
    Agree with Dodges being POS. The ONLY good one I ever owned was an old Ramcharger (one of the monster-sized ones before they started going smaller-sized). Other than some rust spots, the only problem I had was the needle bearings in the double universal joint rusted out. Since I couldn't get the joint out of the linkage, I moved the housing back as far as I could and took all the bearings out (totally rusted and ground down to nothing), and packed the sleeve with grease and replaced each needle bearing one at a time. Slid the housing back on and had no further problems with it. It was a gas guzzler and was getting too expensive to feed, so I got rid of it. Still have a soft spot for one like that, though.

Been lucky enough to buy a 2012 Mazda 5 (new) for me and a 2016 Kia Sedona for my wife (new at the time, too). The Mazda is paid off and I'm happy with it, so I'll keep it for quite a while yet. The wife's van still has another year to pay on it, then it'll be paid for. She's planning on keeping it for another 5 years.

Other than that, I have a 1974 VW Thing that I drive every once in a while. It's totally paid for too.

I agree that new cars are ridiculously priced and don't see me buying one in the near future.
    Last edited by alismith; 07-31-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Agree with Dodges being POS. The ONLY good one I ever owned was an old Ramcharger (one of the monster-sized ones before they started going smaller-sized). Other than some rust spots, the only problem I had was the needle bearings in the double universal joint rusted out. Since I couldn't get the joint out of the linkage, I moved the housing back as far as I could and took all the bearings out (totally rusted and ground down to nothing), and packed the sleeve with grease and replaced each needle bearing one at a time. Slid the housing back on and had no further problems with it. It was a gas guzzler and was getting too expensive to feed, so I got rid of it. Still have a soft spot for one like that, though.

Been lucky enough to buy a 2012 Mazda 5 (new) for me and a 2016 Kia Sedona for my wife (new at the time, too). The Mazda is paid off and I'm happy with it, so I'll keep it for quite a while yet. The wife's van still has another year to pay on it, then it'll be paid for. She's planning on keeping it for another 5 years.

Other than that, I have a 1974 VW Thing that I drive every once in a while. It's totally paid for too.

I agree that new cars are ridiculously priced and don't see me buying one in the near future.
    I loved the old ramchargers when I was a kid. Of course i never owned one. but it was cool riding in it. Full size Broncos were cool to me too, never owned one, wife and I owned a broncoII. I was looking at the new rangers, they cost as much as a supercrew!!!!! Who thought out that pricing, still haven't seen one on the road.

WOW, look at silver go..... It's up past $17

Yeah, the events in the market of the last few days, compounded by China going nuclear with their latest devaluation, has sent the dollar tanking, hence metals rising. Some market watchers are saying this is going to be another lehman moment.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Amazing how paper silver and gold contracts can manipulate the market, silver's back down to mid 16 dolla level. It really is musical chairs with metals contracts, whoever has the contract when they stop the music will not get any metal, but likely worthless dollars instead. There are multiple times the amount of silver and gold contracts than there is metal above ground.
    Also note how metal can't be inflated, only fiat currency. Metal doesn't go up or down, the fiat currency does, and from the 70s we've lost about 99 percent of the buying power of a dollar.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Amazing how paper silver and gold contracts can manipulate the market, silver's back down to mid 16 dolla level. It really is musical chairs with metals contracts, whoever has the contract when they stop the music will not get any metal, but likely worthless dollars instead. There are multiple times the amount of silver and gold contracts than there is metal above ground.
    Also note how metal can't be inflated, only fiat currency. Metal doesn't go up or down, the fiat currency does, and from the 70s we've lost about 99 percent of the buying power of a dollar.
    Back up at 17 currently.

The fed dropped rates .25bp but is still reducing their ledger by 35B. Soon we should start to see what the real economy looks like. By that I mean you (meaning central banks around the globe) can't remove 100B plus per month from global circulation and not see some effect eventually. Also, the major corps were simply buying their own stock back, wich artificially inflates the price of their stock. When free money can't be borrowed to buy your own stock back because no one else is buying it, your stock tumbles and price discovery takes place. When it crashes you've lost nothing as a corp, but those who fell for buying your inflated stock lose it all. As long as they (they = the fed and too big to fail corps) can keep this shit going things will appear to be ok on the surface, once they can't keep the charade going, it's all over. Every bubble will pop.

5.56Nato and others, I was looking at Copper bars, I just can't get the math..... A copper bar of 1 OZ is a little over a dollar........A POUND of shiny copper is worth $2........WTF? Was copper bar's rounds ect by by these firms designed for complete morons?

5.56Nato and others, I was looking at Copper bars, I just can't get the math..... A copper bar of 1 OZ is a little over a dollar........A POUND of shiny copper is worth $2........WTF? Was copper bar's rounds ect by by these firms designed for complete morons?
    The short answer is yes. I’ve heard some say it is a cheap way to get kids interested in stacking. The problem that you have recognized is that it will take 100 years to get your money back out.

Copper is more watched for global economic forecasting than just about any other metal because it's used for so many things in industry, so it's not held like gold and silver by those seeking insurance. It also makes for decent solid rounds if need be.

Argentina is in collapse, oddly enough, and the market's new excuse for its most recent reversal is uncertainty over new Trump tariffs on China, wich China will surely take revenge on. Gold is over 1500 and silver is a bit over 17, investors are seeking safer haven in pm's while the central banksters are floating gold and silver paper to keep price down. I suppose Argentina is the canary in a coal mine as far as economic forecasting goes.

GE Fraud, DB Trouble & Bo Polny on Coming Biblical Market Crash
    If you wanted another sign the economy is not doing well, look no further than the latest allegations General Electric is a “bigger fraud than Enron.” The person making this charge is Harry Markopolos who uncovered the $60 billion Bernie Madoff scam years ago. This is a DOW 30 stock, and downside of this news, if proven true, is dire.
    Deutsche Bank (DB), the financial institution the International Monetary Fund (IMF) called the “most systemically dangerous bank in the world” back in 2016, hit a fresh new all-time low of $6.44 per share. Charles Nenner predicted that if DB went below $6.40, it would head to $0 in the not-so-distant-future. Will world renowned, market cycle expert Charles Nenner be proven correct? This also has dire market implications!
    Analyst Bo Polny, market cycle expert that applies the Bible to his work, says a “worldwide market crash is coming in 2019.” Polny says gold and silver prices are headed to new all-time highs, and there will be severe market down turns coming in the months ahead. This is a first ever live interview included within the Wrap-Up.
    https://usawatchdog.com/ge-fraud-db-...-market-crash/

Fed Out to Get President Trump – Kevin Shipp
    Former CIA Officer and whistleblower Kevin Shipp thinks the Fed rate hikes throughout Trump’s two and a half years in office are a way to “get the President.” Trump has been highly critical of the Fed, and he says it is to blame if the economy tanks. Shipp explains, “God bless Donald Trump because he is the first President to call out the Fed like he is doing. He has got the Fed shaking in their boots. When the Fed gags its board of directors and its members, that is not good. Something not good is going on. Perhaps they are bringing the interest rates down to zero. Perhaps it’s the fact we are entering into, not only U.S., but a global recession. So, they have put the lid on any comments coming out, and I think they have done it for a reason that is concerning. . . . I think it is tied to an upcoming global recession, and we may see quantitative easing (money printing) rates go to zero, and they don’t want the President or the public to know what they are about to do.”
    https://usawatchdog.com/fed-out-to-g...-shipp-part-2/

Going on the idea Trump is really against the nwo and not a shill for them, he just might be waiting for the fed to screw things so bad he can abolish the fed and replace fed notes with US notes that bear debt to no one.

GE Fraud, DB Trouble & Bo Polny on Coming Biblical Market Crash
    If you wanted another sign the economy is not doing well, look no further than the latest allegations General Electric is a “bigger fraud than Enron.” The person making this charge is Harry Markopolos who uncovered the $60 billion Bernie Madoff scam years ago. This is a DOW 30 stock, and downside of this news, if proven true, is dire.
    Deutsche Bank (DB), the financial institution the International Monetary Fund (IMF) called the “most systemically dangerous bank in the world” back in 2016, hit a fresh new all-time low of $6.44 per share. Charles Nenner predicted that if DB went below $6.40, it would head to $0 in the not-so-distant-future. Will world renowned, market cycle expert Charles Nenner be proven correct? This also has dire market implications!
    Analyst Bo Polny, market cycle expert that applies the Bible to his work, says a “worldwide market crash is coming in 2019.” Polny says gold and silver prices are headed to new all-time highs, and there will be severe market down turns coming in the months ahead. This is a first ever live interview included within the Wrap-Up.
    https://usawatchdog.com/ge-fraud-db-...-market-crash/

Fed Out to Get President Trump – Kevin Shipp
    Former CIA Officer and whistleblower Kevin Shipp thinks the Fed rate hikes throughout Trump’s two and a half years in office are a way to “get the President.” Trump has been highly critical of the Fed, and he says it is to blame if the economy tanks. Shipp explains, “God bless Donald Trump because he is the first President to call out the Fed like he is doing. He has got the Fed shaking in their boots. When the Fed gags its board of directors and its members, that is not good. Something not good is going on. Perhaps they are bringing the interest rates down to zero. Perhaps it’s the fact we are entering into, not only U.S., but a global recession. So, they have put the lid on any comments coming out, and I think they have done it for a reason that is concerning. . . . I think it is tied to an upcoming global recession, and we may see quantitative easing (money printing) rates go to zero, and they don’t want the President or the public to know what they are about to do.”
    https://usawatchdog.com/fed-out-to-g...-shipp-part-2/

Going on the idea Trump is really against the nwo and not a shill for them, he just might be waiting for the fed to screw things so bad he can abolish the fed and replace fed notes with US notes that bear debt to no one.
    Then he'll get wacked like Kennedy was for the same reason. You just can't screw with such a money making scheme as the "fed".

Then he'll get wacked like Kennedy was for the same reason. You just can't screw with such a money making scheme as the "fed".
    He may be the trump card for the fed that the fed has no defense against.

The Real Reasons Why The Media Is Suddenly Admitting To The Recession Threat
    One thing that is important to understand about the mainstream media is that they do tell the truth on occasion. However, the truths they admit to are almost always wrapped in lies or told to the public far too late to make the information useful. Dissecting mainstream media information and sifting out the truth from the propaganda is really the bulk of what the alternative media does (or should be doing). In the past couple of weeks I have received a rush of emails asking about the sudden flood of recession and economic crash talk in the media. Does this abrupt 180 degree turn by the MSM (and global banks) on the economy warrant concern? Yes, it does.
    http://www.alt-market.com/index.php/...cession-threat

This guy takes the view Trump is a trump card for the nwo, I'm not so sure about that.

Silver's is over $18 now! Wow, I wish I had bought a shitload in march or April when it was $14!!!!!!

Preparing For A Financial Apocalypse: Insiders Are Selling “$600 Million Of Stock Per Day In August”
    In the U.S., corporate insiders have been selling stocks at an average rate of 600 million dollars per day during the month of August. This kind of wild selling indicates that there is a tremendous amount of fear among corporate insiders right now, and such selling would only make sense if a stock market crash is imminent. And without a doubt, we have already seen volatility return to Wall Street in a major way as our trade war with China has dramatically escalated. Many Americans are hoping that things will start to calm down and that our trade conflict with China can be resolved calmly, because if things take a bad turn many analysts are warning that we could soon be facing the worst financial crisis since 2008. Here is one example…
    Remember the brutal sell-off last year when stocks suffered their worst December since the Great Depression? Something worse than that could happen in days, a Nomura analyst said.
    Macro and quant strategist Masanari Takada turned heads earlier this month with his bold call for a “Lehman-like” plunge. He’s sticking with this prediction as market sentiment shows no signs of improving, leading him to believe a monster sell-off could arrive this week.
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...-day-in-august

fear they won't cash out before the collapse

they bought their own stock, making the price rise to astronomical heights from 2008, with the "free money" from us taxpayers who agreed to pay back the fed for the fed to loan money to the banks for the banks to loan to us because the banks and other corporations lost their money in the wall st casino

BofA: Central Banks Are Creating Bubbles Instead Of Helping The Economy; The Result Will Be A Disaster
    We fear that this dynamic could ultimately lead to "quantitative failure", under which markets refocus on those elevated liabilities and the lack of global growth, which would in all likelihood lead to a material increase in volatility."
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...result-will-be
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 08-27-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Study Discovers That If The Debt Machine Was Turned Off, The U.S. Would Immediately Plunge Into A Horrifying Depression
    The nation’s health as measured by gross domestic product per capita would plunge into negative territory without its dependence on borrowed money, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
    In fact, the U.S. would fall almost to the bottom of a ranking of 114 economies by GDP per capita. Only Italy, Greece and Japan would fare worse. That’s a seismic shift from America’s comfortable No. 5 spot on a list based on conventional measures.
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...mic-depression

The kindhearted folks at the fed, who have allowed us use of their "system" since 1913 know this, this is why is was designed in the first place. One day they will shut it off, and Trump or whoever is in office will get the chance to circulate US notes, based on gold and silver, that bear debt to no one.

Study Discovers That If The Debt Machine Was Turned Off, The U.S. Would Immediately Plunge Into A Horrifying Depression
    The nation’s health as measured by gross domestic product per capita would plunge into negative territory without its dependence on borrowed money, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
    In fact, the U.S. would fall almost to the bottom of a ranking of 114 economies by GDP per capita. Only Italy, Greece and Japan would fare worse. That’s a seismic shift from America’s comfortable No. 5 spot on a list based on conventional measures.
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...mic-depression

The kindhearted folks at the fed, who have allowed us use of their "system" since 1913 know this, this is why is was designed in the first place. One day they will shut it off, and Trump or whoever is in office will get the chance to circulate US notes, based on gold and silver, that bear debt to no one.
    That's kind of why they never will shut off the golden goose. Anyone who tries will get the Clinton treatment. Like I said, I've read Kennedy tried that route and got waxed for it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast