Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Looks like things are warming up on the India and Pakistani border.

  1. #1
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,148

    Looks like things are warming up on the India and Pakistani border.


  2. #2
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    10,498
    It seems that there are parts of the world that can't seem to get buy without war or a version of "war".

    And funny, with few exceptions it seems to be the same players over and over.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Justin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,079
    It looks like Pakistan shot down Indian warplanes and claims to have captured a pilot. This place has been a powder keg for decades.


  4. #4
    Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the East Texas woods
    Posts
    6,110
    The Muslims started attacking India in 715AD and I've seen estimates as high as 200,000,000 plus killed. One Islamic Ruler was having 100,000 killed a day.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

  5. #5
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,431
    Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    The Muslims started attacking India in 715AD and I've seen estimates as high as 200,000,000 plus killed. One Islamic Ruler was having 100,000 killed a day.
    But, isn't islam the "religion" of peace.......?
    Last edited by alismith; 02-28-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,066
    The only downside to this is China controls Pakistan. China views India as a greater threat due to numbers as well as proximity, and uses pakistan as a proxy for its regional foreign policy. This way Pakistan is under Chinese control and India is kept at bay by Pakistan, two enemies controlled to Chinese benefit. India is moving closer to ties with the US after Trump cut off Pakistan, so that just causes even more unease in Peking. Anyway, who would complain if islamabad was vaporised by some sunshine canned in India?
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    10,498
    Going to be an interesting watch as both have nuclear capabilities. My guess is that mutual assured destruction (MAD) will prevent anything from happening.

  8. #8
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Posts
    924
    An Indian Mig-21 was shot down. The pilot (who has MAGNIFICENT facial hair, BTW) ejected, was captured and is now being returned to India. Pakistan using F-16's and it's unclear if any of them were shot down, Indian media says one or two was.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,066
    Interesting but don't know how true it is;
    paki pilot.jpg
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,066
    Rumours about that they're exchanging arty fire as well as missiles.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  11. #11
    Senior Member Justin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,079
    I looks like Pakistan violated an agreement it made with the US government by "misusing" it's F-16 fighter jets that we sold them. It will be interesting to see how the US responds to this, it will probably be the usual do nothing response.

    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68287158.cms


    WASHINGTON: The US is "very closely" following the reports that Pakistan misused American-made F-16 fighter jets against India in the recent aerial confrontation between their air forces, according to a top State Department official.

    The Indian Air Force on Thursday displayed parts of an AMRAAM beyond visual range air-to-air missile as evidence to "conclusively" prove that Pakistan deployed US-manufactured F-16 fighter jets during an aerial raid targeting Indian military installations in Kashmir after India's anti-terror operation in Balakot.

    Pakistan has said that no F-16 fighter jets were used.

    The US State Department has said that America is seeking more information from Pakistan on the potential misuse of American-made F-16 fighter jets by it against India in violation of the end-user agreement.

    "We've seen those reports and we're following that issue very closely," US State Department Deputy Spokesperson Robert Palladino told reporters at his biweekly news conference on Tuesday.

    He was responding to questions that Pakistan has violated the end-user agreement on F-16 fighter jets that it procured from the United States.

    "I can't confirm anything, but as a matter of policy, we don't publicly comment on the contents of bilateral agreements that we have in this regard involving US defence technologies nor the communications that we have with other countries about that.

    "So, we're taking a look and we're going to continue to take a look. I'm going to leave it at that," Palladino said.

    The AMRAAM missiles allow a fighter pilot to target an enemy aircraft that is beyond visual range, in day or night, and in all-weather conditions. They have an autonomous guidance capability, which allows the pilot to manoeuvre immediately after the missile's launch.



  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,066
    Brink Of War: Pakistan On High Alert, Indian Military Ready To Strike
    The situation at the LoC (Line of Control) between India and Pakistan remains critical, as both countries are ready for an all-out conflict, reported Sputnik.

    "There is a difficult situation with India. We wish for de-escalation and are taking steps for this. The situation like the prime minister [Imran Khan] said remains on alert", Pakistan's Foreign Office spokesman Dr. Muhammad Faisal said in a television report earlier this month.

    Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held meetings with National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and military commanders, over its "readiness to initiate war against Pakistan," India TV News reported.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...y-ready-strike
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,431
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Brink Of War: Pakistan On High Alert, Indian Military Ready To Strike
    The situation at the LoC (Line of Control) between India and Pakistan remains critical, as both countries are ready for an all-out conflict, reported Sputnik.

    "There is a difficult situation with India. We wish for de-escalation and are taking steps for this. The situation like the prime minister [Imran Khan] said remains on alert", Pakistan's Foreign Office spokesman Dr. Muhammad Faisal said in a television report earlier this month.

    Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held meetings with National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and military commanders, over its "readiness to initiate war against Pakistan," India TV News reported.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...y-ready-strike
    Shiva will win; allah will lose.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

  14. #14
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,234
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The only downside to this is China controls Pakistan. China views India as a greater threat due to numbers as well as proximity, and uses pakistan as a proxy for its regional foreign policy. This way Pakistan is under Chinese control and India is kept at bay by Pakistan, two enemies controlled to Chinese benefit. India is moving closer to ties with the US after Trump cut off Pakistan, so that just causes even more unease in Peking. Anyway, who would complain if islamabad was vaporised by some sunshine canned in India?
    Then you should remember the end of the movie "WarGames" when the computer was running that list of conflict scenarios and where they all led.

    Ali - in a way, I hope you're wrong. "Shiva" is the "destroyer". Where that happens and where it might LEAD is my concern
    Last edited by JTHunter; 04-05-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  15. #15
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,431
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post

    Ali - in a way, I hope you're wrong. "Shiva" is the "destroyer". Where that happens and where it might LEAD is my concern
    allah has destroyed more people and countries than Shiva could ever hope to destroy.

    allah (the liar) and mohammed (the hater of everything) are still destroying everything they come in contact with and they will continue until they are erased from mankind's memory.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

    My Spirit Animal has rabies.

  16. #16
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,066
    India may attack Pakistan in mid-April, Islamabad says citing ‘reliable intelligence’
    The Indian military may attack Pakistan sometime in less than two weeks, Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi claimed citing “reliable intelligence.” The two nuclear powers had a major flare up of tensions in February.

    “We have reliable intelligence that India is planning a new attack on Pakistan. As per our information this could take place between April 16 and 20,” Qureshi announced.
    https://www.rt.com/news/455772-india...tack-pakistan/
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  17. #17
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I looks like Pakistan violated an agreement it made with the US government by "misusing" it's F-16 fighter jets that we sold them. It will be interesting to see how the US responds to this, it will probably be the usual do nothing response.

    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68287158.cms


    WASHINGTON: The US is "very closely" following the reports that Pakistan misused American-made F-16 fighter jets against India in the recent aerial confrontation between their air forces, according to a top State Department official.

    The Indian Air Force on Thursday displayed parts of an AMRAAM beyond visual range air-to-air missile as evidence to "conclusively" prove that Pakistan deployed US-manufactured F-16 fighter jets during an aerial raid targeting Indian military installations in Kashmir after India's anti-terror operation in Balakot.

    Pakistan has said that no F-16 fighter jets were used.

    The US State Department has said that America is seeking more information from Pakistan on the potential misuse of American-made F-16 fighter jets by it against India in violation of the end-user agreement.

    "We've seen those reports and we're following that issue very closely," US State Department Deputy Spokesperson Robert Palladino told reporters at his biweekly news conference on Tuesday.

    He was responding to questions that Pakistan has violated the end-user agreement on F-16 fighter jets that it procured from the United States.

    "I can't confirm anything, but as a matter of policy, we don't publicly comment on the contents of bilateral agreements that we have in this regard involving US defence technologies nor the communications that we have with other countries about that.

    "So, we're taking a look and we're going to continue to take a look. I'm going to leave it at that," Palladino said.

    The AMRAAM missiles allow a fighter pilot to target an enemy aircraft that is beyond visual range, in day or night, and in all-weather conditions. They have an autonomous guidance capability, which allows the pilot to manoeuvre immediately after the missile's launch.


    Harbored Bin laden , committed espionage in our congress, I don't think they care to abide by any agreement. Half their country is owned by terrorists.

  18. #18
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,066
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Harbored Bin laden , committed espionage in our congress, I don't think they care to abide by any agreement. Half their country is owned by terrorists.
    Don't forget the hundred thousand wired to the guys who did 911 by isi, pak intel agency.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  19. #19
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,066
    New Delhi (Sputnik): Amid unprecedented levels of firing and shelling across the border, Pakistan has evacuated all Chinese nationals engaged in civilian construction near the Line of Control (LoC) after shooting from the Indian side resulted in the deaths of two civilians with dozens reportedly injured.Citing officials, Pakistani media has reported that around 50 Chinese nationals were working on dam construction along the confluence of the Neelam and Jhelum rivers.

    Raja Shahid Mahmood, a local Pakistani official, said the decision to evacuate the Chinese workers was made after a volley of "indiscriminate firing" by Indian security forces.

    The armies of the two nuclear-armed nations exchanged fresh shelling along the so-called Line of Control in the border town of Hajipeer in the Uri sector of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Wednesday evening.
    https://sputniknews.com/military/201...on-with-india/
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  20. #20
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,929
    One question 5.56NATO, If Pakistan and India go into a full blown war, who will answer at the call center and who will fix my microsoft computers if they don't call me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •