Thread: Picked up another one... Golani

Picked up another one... Golani

So I stopped into my local gun haunt here in Los Lunas and wasn't expecting to see much.. but sitting on the wall is a Golani Sporter. So I ask to see it figuring it would have some outrageous price on it... but as I looked at the tag... $595.00.

Now, I am on a gun buying "break" as things have been a little crazy around here lately with me JUST picking up a rather clean MAS-36 (For $400.00) and the PSL-54... (For a lot more than $400.00) But I have ALWAYS wanted a Galil. Now, I know this isn't an IMI, and it is a CAI Golani build... but Man, that was a great price and it looked to be in fine shape and came with both a wooden and a Plastic Hand-grip (I am a sucker for wood), plus a couple mags (I ordered 5 more from DSA earlier). I ripped it apart all the way down to pulling the sights apart (To clean a shitload of sand out of them) and everything looks to be in order and she cycles very smooth (And has a pretty awesome trigger for an AK).

Now, it's has an S/N under 2000 and has the prefix "GAL". But I remember reading that the "F" stamp meant that the rifle had been gone through and fixes had been applied by Century.

Hot it for $550.00 OOD. They seem to be spendy on GB, but how did I do? And do any of you have one of these?
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice buy! I had a later Galil ARM and it was one of the few rifles I ever sold. Just didn't fit me right.

Enjoy!!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

If it cycles well and groups less than 3 inches, you did great.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Holy crap, A galil for $550, a steal IMO. I paid about $1100 to have one built on a IMI receiver. No bipod on yours though. so I have to knock off a crap, and make it holy smokes!
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 03-15-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    If it cycles well and groups less than 3 inches, you did great.
    Yeah, that's what I have gathered from my research. But the way I figure, worse case scenario? I have a parts kit that I can build into an awesome Galil and still be under the price of an IMI.

But, first hers crossed. It had CLEARLY been fired quite a bit as it was filthy when I opened it up.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I have two, never done anything but go bang... Eats steel case pretty good, but the groups open up on the steel case I've tried.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I have two, never done anything but go bang... Eats steel case pretty good, but the groups open up on the steel case I've tried.
    Welp, I went and shot it today and this was my exact experience. The thing is an absolute shooter once I got the sights lined up. I fired about 150 rounds (Of 5.56 and .223) through it via both 3 shot groups and a couple of 35 round mag dumps. It worked flawlessly and seemed to put the rounds into about a 1"-1.25" hole at 75 yards assuming I do my part.

What a wonderful rifle this is. Great ergos, no recoil, easy controls.

Anyways, I am pretty happy!
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Dam for 550 otd that's a steal

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Dam for 550 otd that's a steal
    Right? I have wanted one of these in the worse way forever. An AK with Better Ergos, thumb safety, Longer Sight Radius and 35 Round Mags and in 5.56? But every time I saw one it was either...

a) Trashed and Expensive
    b) In great Shape and wanting to put me into the poor house

When I saw the price I about shat myself and when he came down... That said, some of the horror stories had be worried even though I inspected it pretty well at the Gun Shop. But after this range trip this is a keeper for sure.

Man, I have never bought so many guns so quickly... I Love this State.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Right? I have wanted one of these in the worse way forever. An AK with Better Ergos, thumb safety, Longer Sight Radius and 35 Round Mags and in 5.56? But every time I saw one it was either...

a) Trashed and Expensive
    b) In great Shape and wanting to put me into the poor house

When I saw the price I about shat myself and when he came down... That said, some of the horror stories had be worried even though I inspected it pretty well at the Gun Shop. But after this range trip this is a keeper for sure.

Man, I have never bought so many guns so quickly... I Love this State.
    Ive got a IMI Galil kit in the shop waiting for a rainy day but I regularly shoot my Century Golani.
    No matter what anyone says, the Golani is an amazing rifle for the price.
    And for that price you cant go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Ive got a IMI Galil kit in the shop waiting for a rainy day but I regularly shoot my Century Golani.
    No matter what anyone says, the Golani is an amazing rifle for the price.
    And for that price you cant go wrong.
    I thought about getting a kit too. I have seen them around for like 350-400. But the receivers seem spendy.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Welp, I went and shot it today and this was my exact experience. The thing is an absolute shooter once I got the sights lined up. I fired about 150 rounds (Of 5.56 and .223) through it via both 3 shot groups and a couple of 35 round mag dumps. It worked flawlessly and seemed to put the rounds into about a 1"-1.25" hole at 75 yards assuming I do my part.

What a wonderful rifle this is. Great ergos, no recoil, easy controls.

Anyways, I am pretty happy!
    You did great then, can't argue with less than 1.5 MOA performance.