Thread: Beretta APX

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Beretta APX

Anyone own/shot an APX? Got a few gift cards for Sportsman’s Warehouse and with the $75 rebate Beretta has I could pick one of these up for less than $200. The majority of the reviews I’ve seen have been quite positive.

The only Beretta I have currently is a 92FS which I’ve been very happy with. Was thinking the APX would be something a little different. For the price it would make a great truck gun provided i find it to be reliable. Thoughts?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It's on my list. Everything I have read says it is a great pistol. Haven't tried it yet but I haven't found a Beretta yet that disappoints. Most reviews have been very positive, with the ones who don't like it just complaining about the lack of hammer. Doesn't seem to bother Glock people.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Stopped by Sportsman’s Warehouse at lunch and checked it out. Felt good in the hand with the medium back strap installed. Sights are pretty decent. Trigger has a little grit to it but not bad. Reset is fairly short.

Their website had it priced at $525 but the store had it tagged at $499. I went back after work and bought it.

With my gift cards/loyalty points and the $75 rebate it was $201 + tax.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Great price, amazing!

Not unusual for some Beretta triggers to feel gritty out of the box. A little time at the range and they smooth out nicely, or a snap cap and some dry firing.