Thread: People Think 1st Amendment Under Attack But Don't Know What's In It

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

People Think 1st Amendment Under Attack But Don't Know What's In It

On the negative side, students in the US lag other industrial countries in math, science and reading proficiency. On the positive side they know how to put on a condom, that gender is fluid, and that protesting is more important than attending classes to learn math, science, reading, or the US Constitution. Given that, the results of this study are not that surprising.

New research shows that while many Americans fear the First Amendment is under threat, three quarters don’t even know how many amendments make up the Bill of Rights.
    https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-ha...9abGQeJ06EDDd4
    Last edited by ltorlo64; 03-24-2019 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Fixed typo!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    On the negative side, students in the US lag other industrial countries in match, science and reading proficiency. On the positive side they know how to put on a condom, that gender is fluid, and that protesting is more important that attending classes to learn math, science, reading, or the US Constitution. Given that, the results of this study are not that surprising.

https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-ha...9abGQeJ06EDDd4
    Whew. It's a good thing they have something positive to be proud of.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    And we all, myself included, suck at proof reading and auto correct.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    And we all, myself included, suck at proof reading and auto correct.
    What did I screw up!?!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    What did I screw up!?!
    LOL ...now go back and edit "that attending" to "than attending".
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

LOL ...now go back and edit "that attending" to "than attending".
    Ugghhhh!

NRA Endowment Member

As for college students, there is a book I read many years ago, "Revenge of Heaven". It was written by a Chinese about his time as a student during Mao's Red Guard purges, and how the college students were used as the useful idiots to do the purges.

Let the democrats gain control of the government again, and Heaven will no doubt extract revenge again.

From Amazon com's description of the book

"Description
    Ken Ling writes an autobiographical brutal account of his teenage years in China during the Cultural Revolution. It is the inside story of how Chinese Red Guard organizations functioned and what their leaders were thinking. He makes clear throughout this blunt book, he and his fellow students weren't in it for money or ideology; they just wanted power. His story is a microcosm of the horrific events of the Cultural Revolution. The most brutal violence - gang rapes, mindless killings, torture - were commonplace. By the end, Ken has become deeply disillusioned and escapes to Taiwan."
    Last edited by N/A; 03-24-2019 at 09:08 AM.

As for college students, there is a book I read many years ago, "Revenge of Heaven". It was written by a Chinese about his time as a student during Mao's Red Guard purges, and how the college students were used as the useful idiots to do the purges.

Let the democrats gain control of the government again, and Heaven will no doubt extract revenge again.

From Amazon com's description of the book

"Description
    Ken Ling writes an autobiographical brutal account of his teenage years in China during the Cultural Revolution. It is the inside story of how Chinese Red Guard organizations functioned and what their leaders were thinking. He makes clear throughout this blunt book, he and his fellow students weren't in it for money or ideology; they just wanted power. His story is a microcosm of the horrific events of the Cultural Revolution. The most brutal violence - gang rapes, mindless killings, torture - were commonplace. By the end, Ken has become deeply disillusioned and escapes to Taiwan."
    Great. Another book added to my list.

NRA Endowment Member