Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Here is quite an interesting look at the NZ shooting.

  1. #1
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,092

    Here is quite an interesting look at the NZ shooting.


  2. #2
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,105
    Very interesting vid. Not sure I agree with everything he says, but I think he's on the right track with his predictions.

    I believe our civil war will start when the libs steal our government and start banning and confiscating guns. 99% of gun owners won't allow that to happen. It'll go "hot" very quickly.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  3. #3
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,129
    Ali - they have already started !! What do you think Mueller has been trying to do for the last 2 years??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  4. #4
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    10,363
    Bump-stocks are legal... no wait, not only are bump-stocks now illegal but if they are found on your rifle will be considered in possession of a machine gun which according to the new ATF constitution will land you in jail for a long time.

    Hypothetical:

    ATF through the sellers will be able to track down owners of bump-stocks. They will then use their federal powers to break down doors at 4:00AM of people listed as being owners of now illegal stocks. Shooting war will start as some owners will not be happy destroying their "shall not be infringed" items that were legal and then weren't legal without compensation nor due process. Where it goes from there...? Note, many sheriffs will not be happy either.

  5. #5
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,092
    They are not illegal yet.

  6. #6
    Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    They are not illegal yet.
    Yes they are unless the scotus put out a stay. How the hell they fall under the definition of a machine gun defies law.
    https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

    On December 18, 2018, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.
    The Final Rule

    The rule will go into effect March 26, 2019; 90 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

    The final rule clarifies that the definition of “machinegun” in the Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA) includes bump-stock-type devices, i.e., devices that allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger by harnessing the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm to which it is affixed so that the trigger resets and continues firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

    Access the final rule in the Federal Register
    What To Do

    Current possessors of bump-stock-type devices must divest themselves of possession as of the effective date of the final rule (March 26, 2019).

    One option is to destroy the device, and the final rule identifies possible methods of destruction, to include completely melting, shredding, or crushing the device. Any method of destruction must render the device incapable of being readily restored to function.
    How to destroy bump stocks

    Current possessors also have the option to abandon bump-stock-type devices at the nearest ATF office. ATF advises that it is best to make an appointment beforehand with the nearest ATF office.

  7. #7
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,105
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Ali - they have already started !! What do you think Mueller has been trying to do for the last 2 years??
    I wouldn't call anything, so far, as starting the Civil War. They are laying the groundwork, but the actual "hot" part hasn't started yet, otherwise, we'd know it for sure.

    The Libs/Dims/Comms are just laying the prerequisite moves to get one started. We'll have to wait and see how their groundwork pans out....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  8. #8
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,105
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Yes they are unless the scotus put out a stay. How the hell they fall under the definition of a machine gun defies law.
    https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

    On December 18, 2018, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.
    The Final Rule

    The rule will go into effect March 26, 2019; 90 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

    The final rule clarifies that the definition of “machinegun” in the Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA) includes bump-stock-type devices, i.e., devices that allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger by harnessing the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm to which it is affixed so that the trigger resets and continues firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

    Access the final rule in the Federal Register
    What To Do

    Current possessors of bump-stock-type devices must divest themselves of possession as of the effective date of the final rule (March 26, 2019).

    One option is to destroy the device, and the final rule identifies possible methods of destruction, to include completely melting, shredding, or crushing the device. Any method of destruction must render the device incapable of being readily restored to function.
    How to destroy bump stocks

    Current possessors also have the option to abandon bump-stock-type devices at the nearest ATF office. ATF advises that it is best to make an appointment beforehand with the nearest ATF office.
    So, a large, melted pile of plastic is okay with the ATF?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  9. #9
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I wouldn't call anything, so far, as starting the Civil War. They are laying the groundwork, but the actual "hot" part hasn't started yet, otherwise, we'd know it for sure.

    The Libs/Dims/Comms are just laying the prerequisite moves to get one started. We'll have to wait and see how their groundwork pans out....
    Okay, I see your point. I was calling your "foundation" as the "opening skirmishes".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •