Thread: Final Season of GOT

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Final Season of GOT

The final season (8) of Game Of Thrones starts on April 14.

Be ready for the epic end of an amazing series....

http://time.com/4913247/game-of-thro...premiere-date/
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Well, episode 3 will be the start of the long predicted war between the living the White Walkers. It's only taken 7 seasons to bring this about.

Episode 2 was interesting in that a lot of people who had never met, in the series, finally came together and formed an alliance.

Episode 3 will be the first phase of the war against the living and the dead. Should be quite interesting.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Good episode tonight.

Yeah the big battles and spectacles episodes are what everybody loves and remembers but episode 2 is one of those that gives it a soul. You see the hearts of the characters and feel their fears and their joys. Some very touching moments as they ready for battle.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

I'm wondering how Jon's revelation is going to affect Daenerys? She didn't seem to like it very much when he told her.....

And, that may explain why the dragon let Jon ride him in episode 1. Maybe they sensed he was of Targaryen blood.

Well, it looks like the action is really going to start in the next episode.

Freedom isn't free.

It'll be interesting to see who makes it through the battle.

It wouldn't be GoT if at least one major character Didn't get killed off.

I have an idea that Arya is going to be the one who kills the White Walker king. Gendry has made a weapon of her design with dragon glass points. I think this weapon will be used to kill the king; now, whether Arya uses it, or someone else uses it, is a matter of conjecture.

The way I think it's all going to turn out is the next two episodes are going to focus on the battle with the White Walkers, then the following two will focus on the war with Cersei, with the final episode focusing on tying up all the loose ends and bringing everything to a happy conclusion. (Wishful thinking, but we'll see.)

Freedom isn't free.

I was not a watcher, but between my wife and daughter I've seen a few episodes, whether I wanted to or not.
    I'm watching the last season just because I've often tuned in for the end of a series just to see if the makers can manage a decent ending..... usually NOT.

In this particular series I've yet to see a single character I'd waste my bullet on.
    Backstabbers, murderers, cheats, oath breakers, screwing your sister, murdering children, robbing and stealing, torturing, and lying.
    No one is any kind of decent hero or honorable person........Trash, all trash..... to quote Jack Wilson AKA Jack Palance in "Shane".

Of course due to the popularity it's impossible not to be constantly besieged with information about it.
    The rumors vary wildly about what's going to happen...take your pick.

One has the blond queen and the just discovered king having a baby, one then dying and leaving the other alone on the throne.
    The authors have said the end would be bitter-sweet.

One has the blond murdering or at least failing to save the new king.

One has the blond being killed by Sam for killing his family.

Another has the final scene an old Sam, played by Commie George R.R Martin writing a book about what happened titled "The Game Of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire".

Most are waiting for Cleggan Bowl where the two brothers battle it out.

One rumor has it that the actual attack next week will be in the crypt where all the women and children are hiding.

There are numerous lists around picking who people think will be the ones to die next week, with the tall lady Knight being a sure bet to bite the big one.

There's money on the evil queen being killed by her own brother, or the girl assassin doing it while wearing the brothers face, or the face of the Mountain.

The British bookies are betting that Bran winds up on the throne.

And in other news it seems that HBO is going for full-on lesbian series this year.
    I won't be in my bunk, I'll be out shooting or reading something decent.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I have an idea that Arya is going to be the one who kills the White Walker king. Gendry has made a weapon of her design with dragon glass points. I think this weapon will be used to kill the king; now, whether Arya uses it, or someone else uses it, is a matter of conjecture.

The way I think it's all going to turn out is the next two episodes are going to focus on the battle with the White Walkers, then the following two will focus on the war with Cersei, with the final episode focusing on tying up all the loose ends and bringing everything to a happy conclusion. (Wishful thinking, but we'll see.)

Could be but this show has so many twists and turns who knows what they might come up with. Like any good show they keep you guessing so you'll tune back in next week....if it was predictable people would have quit watching long ago. I would agree though once this battle ends Cersei will be next...it'll be interesting to see just how loyal those new mercenaries will be. As for who might kill the Night King I think Theon Greyjoy will play a part...whether he kills him or is killed allowing someone else to kill him he will play a key role. Who knows maybe they'll do a LOTR and have a woman kill him like Arya or Brienne....we shall see

I had never seen a single episode until about a year ago. Watched the first couple of episodes and was hooked......binge watched the whole seven seasons over the course of a month or so.

Wish I could binge watch season 8 too......this waiting a whole week stuff is killing me.
    Last edited by weevil; 04-22-2019 at 09:27 PM.