Finally took my new Colt 1911 out for a test firing today. I have had it for over a year but work was taking a lot of my time, but I will post more about that soon. Part of the reason for going out today was because I was able to join the local range which makes shooting much more affordable.

Anyway, I put about 100 rounds of Winchester white box, 230 gr, FMJ through the Colt with no issues. The pistol shoots very well. Made me look like I knew what I was doing. The 3 white dot sights were much more user friendly than my Springfield's GI sight (though that should not be a surprise!). Very happy with that purchase.

Also took out my Ruger Redhawk. It is in .44 mag and I was shooting 230 gr, JSP ammo out of it. I only fired 12 rounds through it. Even though it has a 7.5" barrel it still had a healthy flip with fired. It took me a couple of rounds to stop flinching and when I did the gun showed itself to be pretty accurate. I need to practice with it some more. The front sight is a ramp with red capped by a stainless top while the rear sight is fully adjustable. The gun seemed to be shooting high, once I calmed down, so I probably need to adjust the rear sight slightly. Last time I shot a .44 mag (they were Ali's) the recoil hurt the webbing of my hand between my thumb and index finger. This gun did not do that, but each shot bounced the trigger guard off of my trigger finger, which was not comfortable. All in all, though, I am very happy with that purchase as well.

Now to sight in the red dot for my AR and the scope I bought for my .22!