Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Notre Dame is in Flames!

  1. #1
    Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hobe Sound, Fla.
    Posts
    2,061

    Exclamation Notre Dame is in Flames!

    Hard to believe, I am watching it on Fox right now. Only the 2 Towers are not on Fire. Most likely it will collapse in time. Over 850 Years old. I was there as a Boy, in August, 1968. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

    In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Full Otto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,533

    Holy Smokes

    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

  3. #3
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    10,461
    Really sad to see that landmark burning. So much history going up in smoke and flames. Looks like the local fire department is completely unprepared to fight this.

  4. #4
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,354
    Any word on how the fire started?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  5. #5
    Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    East of Atlanta GA
    Posts
    15,021
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Any word on how the fire started?
    Only thing I've heard is that a renovation project was under way and the fire started in the work crew's location. I hear it took an hour and a half before fire engines got on site. They tried to use Fire fighting tug boats and water cannons but still couldn't blast water that high up to get to the roof area. Will have to check tomorrow morning on what is the news update.

  6. #6
    Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,556
    That is sad.....one of the most famous places in the world going up in flames and it has to happen in our lifetime.


    With all the muzzies and yellow-jackets and various chaos and general insanity going on in France you have to wonder if it was really just an accident.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

  7. #7
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,798
    France is vowing to rebuild the structure, but still, the damned thing was over 800 years old. Nothing can replace something THAT OLD that stood for that long. But the great tragedy is all the priceless ART inside that is lost forever. Ugh............

  8. #8
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,567
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  9. #9
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,133
    I suspect arson.

    Did the Hunchback escape?

  10. #10
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I suspect arson.

    Did the Hunchback escape?
    Could well be. I heard, on the radio today, that 17 churches in Paris have burned in the last 3 weeks. (But, they could all be coincidences....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,000
    ON FRIDAY Female Jihadi Jailed Over Attempted Car Bombing Outside Notre Dame Cathedral
    On Friday Islamic terrorists Inez Madani was jailed for eight years for her attempted car bombing outside of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.
    Madani was wounded with a knife in the belly of a police officer during the arrest in 2016.
    On Friday she was jailed for eight years in the attempted attack.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ame-cathedral/

    Shepard Smith Cuts Off French Elected Official For Speculating Notre Dame Fire Not an Accident
    “Even the Nazis didn’t dare destroy it [Notre Dame cathedral],” Karsenty said. “And you have to know for the last year we’ve had churches desecrated each and every week all over France so of course you will hear the story of the politically correct which will tell you it is probably an accident.”
    Shepard Smith immediately cut off Karsenty — “Sir. Sir! Sir! We’re not going to speculate here of the cause of something for which we don’t know.”
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ccident-video/

    South Carolina: Church Vandalized – Windows Broken, “Submit To God Thru Islam” & “Muhammad Is His Prophet” Spray Painted On Wall
    What is going on in Europe is the direct result of allowing the followers of a murdering, thieving, demonically possessed pedophile named Muhammad to run roughshod over their countries. The US has also been seeing a steady decline in Islamic jihad, Islamic political involvement and even fake “hate crimes” produced by Islamists. Now, it’s happened in South Carolina, where a church was vandalized, windows broken and the words “SUBMIT TO GOD THRU ISLAM” and “MUHAMMED IS HIS PROPHET” were spray painted on the outside walls.
    https://thewashingtonstandard.com/so...ted-on-wall-2/

    As Notre Dame Burns, European Churches Are Vandalized, Defecated On, & Torched "Every Day"
    In France, two churches are desecrated every day on average. According to PI-News, a German news site, 1,063 attacks on Christian churches or symbols (crucifixes, icons, statues) were registered in France in 2018. This represents a 17% increase compared to the previous year (2017), when 878 attacks were registered— meaning that such attacks are only going from bad to worse.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ched-every-day

    ‘ALLAH EST GRAND’: Muslims laugh as blaze destroys Notre Dame cathedral during Holy Week
    Jihadists reveled in the fire engulfing the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, sharing media photos of the flames and billowing smoke, and comments expressing their joy.
    https://gellerreport.com/2019/04/mus...-inferno.html/

    Pakistani Migrant Faces Trial for Smashing Historic Church Holding Tombs of French Kings
    The Pakistani origin male, who had arrived in France only two months ago, will stand trial in Bobigny next month, accused of causing serious damage to the main organ of the basilica as well as smashing stained glass windows in an apparent attack that took place in March, Le Parisien reports.
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...-former-kings/

    French Media Confirms There Were NO CONSTRUCTION WORKERS at Notre Dame Cathedral at Time of Fire
    #Breaking: Just in – French Media confirms there were no construction workers at the time of the fire at the cathédrale Notre-Dame de #Paris. #NotreDame #France. Also the church was also closed at the time of the fire. So nothing was going on the church.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-time-of-fire/

    875 Catholic Churches in France Were Vandalized in 2018 by Radical Secularists and Muslims
    CHURCHES across France have been set on fire and poo smeared on walls as the country’s Christian heritage is said to be under attack from “militant secularism”.
    Recent incidents have included a fire in Saint-Sulpice church in Paris, human poo daubed on a wall in Notre-Dame-des-Enfacts in Nimes, and an organ vandalised at Saint-Denis basilica outside Paris.

    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-and-muslims/

    Neil Cavuto Hangs Up on Catholic League President Bill Donohue After He Points Out Recent Attacks on French Churches
    https://twitter.com/PolishPatriotTM/...737282/video/1




    I wonder how much more it will take.
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 04-16-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  12. #12
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    44th "Free" State
    Posts
    11,354
    It's Trump's fault.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

    "Never say, "gun control" but instead say, "victim disarmament." - L Neil Smith

    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

    Freedom isn't free.

    "Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Justin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I guess that means that France will just tear down the remains of Notre Dame and build a mosque instead. They might as well, considering how they're being slowly overtaken by the muslim population anyway.

  14. #14
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,211
    In a couple of news reports I heard, they said that the fire started in the roof, near where renovation workers had shut down for the night. The fire apparently started less than 15 minutes after the workers left.
    Let me ask a "baited" question - who are the workers? Are any of these renovation workers current or former "refugees"? Can you think of a better way to kick a major city in the guts than to destroy one of its most notable icons?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  15. #15
    Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    4,172
    Nothing to see, move along:

    https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-patric...-new-york-city

    Man caught with 2 gas cans entering St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC, police say
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

    WWG1WGA

    Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

  16. #16
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,000
    Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    You figure someone who is a professor wouldn't be up to such criminality.
    Also please note that no one, fox included, is reporting on how christian churches across France have been vandalised hundreds of times in the last few years alone, by mozlomz.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  17. #17
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Hard to believe, I am watching it on Fox right now. Only the 2 Towers are not on Fire. Most likely it will collapse in time. Over 850 Years old. I was there as a Boy, in August, 1968. Paul

    Why should they collapse? No buildings before or after the 9/11 controlled demolitions ever collapsed after fire damage.

  18. #18
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    ON FRIDAY Female Jihadi Jailed Over Attempted Car Bombing Outside Notre Dame Cathedral
    On Friday Islamic terrorists Inez Madani was jailed for eight years for her attempted car bombing outside of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.
    Madani was wounded with a knife in the belly of a police officer during the arrest in 2016.
    On Friday she was jailed for eight years in the attempted attack.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ame-cathedral/

    Shepard Smith Cuts Off French Elected Official For Speculating Notre Dame Fire Not an Accident
    “Even the Nazis didn’t dare destroy it [Notre Dame cathedral],” Karsenty said. “And you have to know for the last year we’ve had churches desecrated each and every week all over France so of course you will hear the story of the politically correct which will tell you it is probably an accident.”
    Shepard Smith immediately cut off Karsenty — “Sir. Sir! Sir! We’re not going to speculate here of the cause of something for which we don’t know.”
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ccident-video/

    South Carolina: Church Vandalized – Windows Broken, “Submit To God Thru Islam” & “Muhammad Is His Prophet” Spray Painted On Wall
    What is going on in Europe is the direct result of allowing the followers of a murdering, thieving, demonically possessed pedophile named Muhammad to run roughshod over their countries. The US has also been seeing a steady decline in Islamic jihad, Islamic political involvement and even fake “hate crimes” produced by Islamists. Now, it’s happened in South Carolina, where a church was vandalized, windows broken and the words “SUBMIT TO GOD THRU ISLAM” and “MUHAMMED IS HIS PROPHET” were spray painted on the outside walls.
    https://thewashingtonstandard.com/so...ted-on-wall-2/

    As Notre Dame Burns, European Churches Are Vandalized, Defecated On, & Torched "Every Day"
    In France, two churches are desecrated every day on average. According to PI-News, a German news site, 1,063 attacks on Christian churches or symbols (crucifixes, icons, statues) were registered in France in 2018. This represents a 17% increase compared to the previous year (2017), when 878 attacks were registered— meaning that such attacks are only going from bad to worse.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ched-every-day

    ‘ALLAH EST GRAND’: Muslims laugh as blaze destroys Notre Dame cathedral during Holy Week
    Jihadists reveled in the fire engulfing the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, sharing media photos of the flames and billowing smoke, and comments expressing their joy.
    https://gellerreport.com/2019/04/mus...-inferno.html/

    Pakistani Migrant Faces Trial for Smashing Historic Church Holding Tombs of French Kings
    The Pakistani origin male, who had arrived in France only two months ago, will stand trial in Bobigny next month, accused of causing serious damage to the main organ of the basilica as well as smashing stained glass windows in an apparent attack that took place in March, Le Parisien reports.
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...-former-kings/

    French Media Confirms There Were NO CONSTRUCTION WORKERS at Notre Dame Cathedral at Time of Fire
    #Breaking: Just in – French Media confirms there were no construction workers at the time of the fire at the cathédrale Notre-Dame de #Paris. #NotreDame #France. Also the church was also closed at the time of the fire. So nothing was going on the church.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-time-of-fire/

    875 Catholic Churches in France Were Vandalized in 2018 by Radical Secularists and Muslims
    CHURCHES across France have been set on fire and poo smeared on walls as the country’s Christian heritage is said to be under attack from “militant secularism”.
    Recent incidents have included a fire in Saint-Sulpice church in Paris, human poo daubed on a wall in Notre-Dame-des-Enfacts in Nimes, and an organ vandalised at Saint-Denis basilica outside Paris.

    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-and-muslims/

    Neil Cavuto Hangs Up on Catholic League President Bill Donohue After He Points Out Recent Attacks on French Churches
    https://twitter.com/PolishPatriotTM/...737282/video/1




    I wonder how much more it will take.


    Want a real eye opener? Read this book:


    (click the image for the link)





    If the stuff in this book is true, we are so much more screwed than ever imagined.

  19. #19
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,637

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Why should they collapse? No buildings before or after the 9/11 controlled demolitions ever collapsed after fire damage.
    Norte Dame is primarily stone and wood. If the wooden sections of the roof and other parts didn’t burn completely they were burned enough to diminish their structural integrity. Wind and rain over the next few days/weeks can further weaken and diminish the strength of the remaining supports and things will start to collapse.

    As far as previous structures go how many of them were 850 tears old?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

    •" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

  20. #20
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    14,000
    I imagine 850 year old oak burns pretty well, how it got started is the question.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •