Thread: Something new for .32 ACP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Something new for .32 ACP

Was messing around with my wife and my Keltec P32’s yesterday and it got me to thinking about that Semiauto Scorpion pistol that someone was or is making. It’s not like that’s a great pistol design even in its original machine pistol configuration or that the 32 ACP is all that useful except in the guise of a highly concealable pistol but, be that as it may it made me wonder.

How would it be in a carbine type firearm? The semi-rimmed case can lend itself to feed issues more so than a true rimless case. It’s not very powerful nor particularly cheap but it does have low recoil and it should be pretty cheap to reload though smaller case and bullet combinations are a little harder to manipulate if you have single stage presses like mine.

With the small size of the round I’d think you could manage a magazine with quite a payload for its size. Maybe something like a Keltec Sub 2000? It could be a straight blowback. Perhaps something built on a Roger 10/22 platform.

My wife and I have never had an issue with our P-32’s. We both carry S&B 73gr. FMJ at 1000+ FPS. I’ve always gone by the theory that in a cartridge in this power range that penetration is more important than expansion. Was just thinking a little carbine with a 50rd + mag with little or no recoil that isn’t a rim fire might be fun.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I wouldn’t say the 32 auto is a rimmed case it looks just like a scaled down 45 ACP.
    The designers of the scorpion had the same idea you did. 20 rounds, no recoil straight blow back machine pistol doesn’t have a lot of stopping power one at a time or any expansion, but you dump 20 rounds into something the size of a cantaloupe and people are going down.

BISHOP

Are you talking about putting a stock on these?
    This one is a 380, (the 32 has a cool curved metal magazine I wish the 380 did!) I'd thought about buying the mounting plate for the stock and SBRing it but figured I'd shoot it once or twice then it'd just sit in the safe. The stock which came with the pistol, but the mount plate is sold separately.

But then they came out with a buffer tube adapter I got one and put on a Tail Hook but tube is too high (the bottom of the tube is about where the wire stock would be). Now the company only sells the adapter with a stock installed on it.

It's not a total waste though, I got an adapter and a hinge for my 10/22 charger that I'm going to put the tube and tail hook on
    Last edited by kimberkid; 05-07-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Check out this brace adapter for the scorpion. Personally I'd get one in 9x18 bc I already stock that caliber.

https://customsmithmfg.com/shop?olsP...old-separately
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Interesting, it looks like it’s got a charge handle on the left side ... I’m on my phone and it doesn’t want to cooperate when I try to make it bigger! I’d love to have that instead of that little charging nub on both sides!

I went with the 380 because I stock it, then I found some kits and semi-auto receivers and built a 32 because I inherited my dads Beretta model 70 pistol and it’s 32 and I shoot it on occasion.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 05-08-2019 at 01:18 PM.