Thread: How to Post Pictures with the Gallery Down?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

How to Post Pictures with the Gallery Down?

How do you post pictures with the Gallery down? I have set up a Flickr account, but can go to a different one if there is an easier one to use, but can't figure out where to get the information needed to post pictures here.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    If you have pics on a hosting service, copy the url for a particular pic and then post it as an image off the web,...you know

[img]www.//xxxxxxx/jpg[/img].

That's all I know, except hosting sites will usually give you an imbed code to post the pic on another site.

Or this may not be what you're asking for.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It is what I am looking for. I cannot find the url for the pictures I want to share. Bother.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I only have my cell phone, but here is how it works for me. I see a picture I want to share, I "click" on it by pointing at it with my finger. A pop up menu shows up and usually has " open in new window", which brings up just the picture. When you have that, the url up in the address bar usually ends in jpg. That's the url you want to copy and insert in the the [img]xxx[/img] format.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Hit "reply with quote" to this post and you can see what the url to the pic looks like.

When I clicked on the pic, the pop up menu had "open image" as one of the choices.
    You'll just have to experiment to see what brings up just the pic for you. Your looking for an url that ends in "jpg", or some variant of.
    Last edited by N/A; 05-05-2019 at 09:43 AM.