Thread: Top 5 Red Dot Sights for Your Guns - Rifles & Shotguns

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Top 5 Red Dot Sights for Your Guns - Rifles & Shotguns

After today, it's all historical.

Good article. If I ever get a platform that requires a better than decent red dot, I think I will go with the Aimpoint. I am more familiar with them than the others. Although, I think I will look into the Leopold. I heard military get great discounts off of online orders. Until then, I have fount that my Bushnell TRS-25 is a great optic for my AK underfolder. Thanks for posting this. I appreciate the work you put into this site.

Lately I have been throwing the Bushnell TRS-25 on guns and it works pretty well at about $60.

IMHO, the old commie Kobra red dots were great on an AK. The one I bought 15 years ago is still going strong. I probably replaced the battery at some point but if I did I don't remember doing so.

A buddy of mine has a Kobra on his KSG and loves it, although I think it is a bit overkill. I put a TRS-25 on an Ultimak gas tube and it lines up perfectly with the iron sites so co witnessing is a breeze. I've had it for about 10 years and changed the battery once. Never had to rezero, it has always held true not matter how rough I treat it.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I've got 2 Eotech 512's. One Amipoint PRO and a Vortex Stirefire II. The PRO is the best, with battery life in years vs. hundreds of hours I rate it #1. The Strikefire for a sub $200 buckl red dot is fine, holds zero, easy to see even in 12 noon blue skies. Eotech 512's are OK