Thread: Price check Valmet M76

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Price check Valmet M76

What do you all think this is worth and where can you find mags? All I have is this auction photo but it looks like it’s in excellent condition. Comes with just the mag shown. Nothing else. Been wanting a Valmet for years.

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Found a couple of “sold” auctions on GB for the rifle, $1,850 - $2,200 ( one did go for $2,825 but I think the fact it can with 5 mags accounted for the higher bids) and one mag for $300!!!

Looks like a few different mags can be modified to work.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/_2...udy_/92-78468/
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

i kicked it around awhile back and $1800ish seems to be the going rate, add box,mags or accessories and it goes through the window.

Thanks for the reply. Had a chance to buy an M78 in .308 a few years ago for right at $2K, (IIRC it had several mags with it) and I passed thinking that was too high. This M76 is a bit more practical/shootable given the caliber but the difficulty in getting mags might be a deal breaker.

My general rule of thumb is 5 mags minimum for most anything that I shoot much and or carry. If it’s a safe queen then just one or two mags is fine and I most likely won’t acquire more unless I come into a deal of some kind that’s too good to pass up.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Anything under 2000.00 is a good deal.ive seen nib ones with everything go for 5000.00
    I've had mine for 10 years and I love shooting it. It's very accurate, and I've never had a malfunction.