Thread: David Gilmour's Guitars Sell for Millions

David Gilmour's Guitars Sell for Millions

David Gilmour's Guitars Sell for Millions at Charity Auction
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...uction-850597/
    David Gilmour’s guitar collection set several auction records when nearly 130 instruments went up for bid at Christie’s in New York today. The former Pink Floyd frontman’s most iconic instrument, the so-called Black Strat, fetched $3,975,000, well above the estimated range of $100,000 to $150,000.
    The auction’s final total was $21,490,750. It lasted eight hours, and bidders from 66 countries around the world participated.
    Now to me is this disappointing:

A day before the auction, Gilmour revealed that the money from the auction would benefit ClientEarth, which funds environmental lawyers and experts in the fight against climate change. “The global climate crisis is the greatest challenge that humanity will ever face, and we are within a few years of the effects of global warming being irreversible,” he said in a statement.

It's his stuff to do what he wants with it but I wonder if he had any second thoughts after the totals came in
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Saw that posted over on another site. I've always been a huge fan of his music since I was in HS, but donating those proceeds toward "fighting" Climate Change is just nuts.

There are too many legitimate charitable causes and organizations out there which would truly benefit from that kind of dough.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.