Thread: Once again, deranged NY governor thinks more gun laws will help...

Once again, deranged NY governor thinks more gun laws will help...

Link: https://www.getzone.com/news-stricte...ge-laws-hit-ny

Gun owners in New York with children in their homes have 60 days to comply with stricter new gun storage requirements or face the potential of a misdemeanor charge.
    In order to comply with the requirement, which was signed into law this week by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, New Yorkers living with a child under the age of 16 need to have a locking device for their firearm or store it in a locked container.
    New York State Rifle and Pistol Association President Tom King previously told the Times Union that the restriction is unlikely to pass constitutional muster. He said the U.S. Supreme Court has made clear that storage laws preventing timely access to firearms are invalid.
    There is also a concern from gun owners that the storage requirements will make the weapons useless for home defense, since they might not be easily accessible.
    The requirement can’t easily be enforced and any non-compliance may only be discovered if a firearm is misused and results in a police response. But sponsors of the legislation hope it encourages gun owners to safely store their guns.
    What a joke.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    These are the same morons who can't understand that if murder is illegal, and these killers disregard that law, more laws won't help.

I hear they had some excitement at times Square last night
    Motorcycles next I suppose
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    What a joke.
    More like a nightmare.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Cities like chitcago, detoilet, and new york chity have the most stringent antigun laws in the country and yet the highest rates of violent crime. This is proof of one thing, criminals by definition do not obey law.

Anyone who wants to disarm you is not your friend, and has evil intent towards you.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Cities like chitcago, detoilet, and new york chity have the most stringent antigun laws in the country and yet the highest rates of violent crime. This is proof of one thing, criminals by definition do not obey law.

Anyone who wants to disarm you is not your friend, and has evil intent towards you.
    Well said !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I just got word from AZCDL, that our republican governor and the repub. speaker of the house are chomping at the bit to introduce red flag laws again ( they have failed twice ) in 2020. Doug Ducy wants to be one of the "cool" kids i guess

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

Remember what our friends in Australia tell us: Don't make the same mistake we did. Never surrender your guns.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Remember what our friends in Australia tell us: Don't make the same mistake we did. Never surrender your guns.
    From what I have seen, the New Zealand compliance rate with their recent "uncompensated seizure" is less than 5%. Seems like THEY got the message.